By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - FBI Seized KickassTorrents

Damn I liked that site.... It was pretty Kickass!!!! Huehuehue

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
pokoko said:
DanneSandin said:
You know what's the really crazy part? This dude will get a harsher punishment that most murders and rapists.... THAT sickens me.

Oh?  What will his punishment be?  I haven't heard.

The guys behind Piratebay got harsher punishments than a lot of rapists here in Sweden. Fucking sickening. Are corporations more important than human lifes?

EDIT: Yes I did. Just thew it out of my head, but it's based on similiar cases in the past

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

DanneSandin said:
pokoko said:

Oh?  What will his punishment be?  I haven't heard.

The guys behind Piratebay got harsher punishments than a lot of rapists here in Sweden. Fucking sickening. Are corporations more important than human lifes?

Generally speaking they tend to be treated better than humans here in the US.

Neodegenerate said:
DanneSandin said:

I don't think that's exclusive to the States...

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

DanneSandin said:
Neodegenerate said:

I don't think that's exclusive to the States...

Probably not.  I am rather ignorant of their status in other countries though and don't want to speak to things I don't know.

Around the Network
Nuvendil said:
hershel_layton said:

That's impossible.

It'd be too much effort to do so. It's better to let some people pirate than to focus on making most people who pirate go to jail

I don't think they would need more than a couple dozen people to make an example of to make people think twice.  Charge them together with the site owners as an ongoing criminal enterprise under the RICO Act.  If my memory serves, they could be all charged collectively with the charges.  Just make sure you pick members who are particularly bad (as in, they have consistently and frequently chosen to pirate instead of purchase) and the case would be pretty open shut   And that's easily 2.5 to 10 years in prison along with potentially thousands in fines.  If they wanted to make an example of true criminal copyright infringers and help stem the tide on that front, that's the way they could do it.

So target the people who pirate on a consistent basis? Sounds smart.

Also, who is the person from your profile picture?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

LivingMetal said:
hershel_layton said:

That's impossible.

It'd be too much effort to do so. It's better to let some people pirate than to focus on making most people who pirate go to jail

I wouldn't be so sure of that.  I mentioned earlier that I was fined out of court for illegal downloads in the past.  I can only imagine what would have happened if this did go to court, I was found guilty and I refused to pay the fine.  Jail time?  I didn't look into it that far, and I didn't want to.  But I can't say it's impossible.

Hmm...Weird. How often did you pirate?

The last game I pirated was the original Rhythm Heaven on the gameboy, which never got out of Japan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

hershel_layton said:
LivingMetal said:

I wouldn't be so sure of that.  I mentioned earlier that I was fined out of court for illegal downloads in the past.  I can only imagine what would have happened if this did go to court, I was found guilty and I refused to pay the fine.  Jail time?  I didn't look into it that far, and I didn't want to.  But I can't say it's impossible.

Hmm...Weird. How often did you pirate?

The last game I pirated was the original Rhythm Heaven on the gameboy, which never got out of Japan

My internet provider cited eight titles, but I know I downloaded more than that.  Never really counted, never really thought to.  But that was over three years ago.  In fact there is a statute of limitation of three years.  So since then, I should be in the clear from anything I did before the fine.  Not much after if any.

Aww, I use that site all the time .

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

hershel_layton said:
Nuvendil said:

I don't think they would need more than a couple dozen people to make an example of to make people think twice.  Charge them together with the site owners as an ongoing criminal enterprise under the RICO Act.  If my memory serves, they could be all charged collectively with the charges.  Just make sure you pick members who are particularly bad (as in, they have consistently and frequently chosen to pirate instead of purchase) and the case would be pretty open shut   And that's easily 2.5 to 10 years in prison along with potentially thousands in fines.  If they wanted to make an example of true criminal copyright infringers and help stem the tide on that front, that's the way they could do it.

So target the people who pirate on a consistent basis? Sounds smart.

Also, who is the person from your profile picture?

Well that came out of nowhere xD

It's no one, really.  It's a picture of a monochromatic colored pencil drawing done by competitor in the high school art competition I used to compete in.  She was one of the main artists who competed against the best that were at my school.  This was one of her best works and I like it quite a bit.  I would use one of my own drawings but a set of watches doesn't make for a good profile picture :P