By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Just ignore him.....

Roketan said:
FunFan said:

That you are related to Kerotan? Everyone knows that.

LOL my name is comes from ROKETSAN a turkish company that makes weapons. I thought that removing the s word it sounded cooler. 

Oh and regarding the toad, i was looking for Toad (my favorite game character) avatar but i couldn't find anything i like. Also i have 2 toads and one cat in my house.

I can't believe how this coincedence confused the whole forum. 

I never mentioned anything about your name...

Also "related" could just mean that you are part of the same species. But since you are clarifying things that were never questioned in the first place, I just want to remind you that you forgot to explain how creating this account during the ban of your other account was nothing but pure coincidence.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

Around the Network
padib said:
Angelus said:

Ya that one. What other one is there?

lol, so you're going to apply for modship? Better yet, try editor. Your OPs are amazing.

Am I? Really wish somebody had informed me of my intentions earlier.....this seems a bit short notice

Oh well....no choice but to roll with the punches now I suppose

I have no idea what's going on here, but I like it

RolStoppable said:
Roketan said:

So i guess anyone can throw S**t on others and badmouth them without any proof in here right? And nothing happens? Then i will start accusing other members of being alt accounts of others. Since Rol can do it without getting banned why can't i do the same :)

You aren't looking at this situation in the right way. I already told you that I don't mind you posting on this website as long as you behave. I am not your enemy and never was.

You don't mind me posting on this website? LOL who do you think you are? The owner of the site? Who cares what you mind and not mind?

Get off your high horse, princess.

User warned -RavenXtra

Roketan said:
RolStoppable said:

You aren't looking at this situation in the right way. I already told you that I don't mind you posting on this website as long as you behave. I am not your enemy and never was.

You don't mind me posting on this website? LOL who do you think you are? The owner of the site? Who cares what you mind and not mind?

Get off your high horse, princess.

Ok ok.Lets stop this.He didnt mean in a pejorative sense, which is what you clearly got out of him.And I actually side with him.You have some insight posts that are very entertaining to read, but sometimes you either get offended too easily or find offense where there is none, like this post you just made.Lets get back at being civil and enjoy each other in this site, because if this discussion keeps going to where it is going, someone is going to get banned eventually.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

I do think wright is onto something.

Maybe limiting the number of threads a new user can create would already be a step in the right direction.

As for the guys that missed it. Just a  new member that went bonkers spamming attacks at a mod for beeing banned after calling someone a fanboy.

axumblade said:
Roketan said:

So i guess anyone can throw S**t on others and badmouth them without any proof in here right? And nothing happens? Then i will start accusing other members of being alt accounts of others. Since Rol can do it without getting banned why can't i do the same :)

So you have been on this site less than a week but are familiar enough with other members that you can throw accusations about other users being alts...

In fairness one can become very familar with posters before they ever decide to create an account here. I'm not saying that's the case here but that it's definitely a very real possibility. I would assume this site has many lurkers who might lurk for a long time before, if ever, creating an account. 

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

RolStoppable said:

New users can't create threads until their post count has reached 50, so that's normally not a problem with such alt accounts because they get caught way before that mark. The issue today was that no mod happened to be online, hence why it could go on for so long.

It wasn't a new member who went bonkers, it was the return of gamemaster87 who had excessively complained about unfair moderation before, with Carl being his official archfoe. However, said moderations are universally agreed upon to be justified.

Then, the newcomer's cooldown seems like a good extention of the 50-post thread rule.

RolStoppable said:
Nem said:

I do think wright is onto something.

Maybe limiting the number of threads a new user can create would already be a step in the right direction.

As for the guys that missed it. Just a  new member that went bonkers spamming attacks at a mod for beeing banned after calling someone a fanboy.

New users can't create threads until their post count has reached 50, so that's normally not a problem with such alt accounts because they get caught way before that mark. The issue today was that no mod happened to be online, hence why it could go on for so long.

It wasn't a new member who went bonkers, it was the return of gamemaster87 who had excessively complained about unfair moderation before, with Carl being his official archfoe. However, said moderations are universally agreed upon to be justified.

Ok, well... i don't care who it was. If a post number limit isnt enough then a time limit on top of it would be more apropriate to prevent abuse.

Or just limit the ammount of daily posts to like 10 until you got X posts total (say 200). This would prevent spamming. Also, not allowing the user to create more than a new thread a day until reaching that value.

That would be a better measure than hoping a mod is online at every second of every day.

Lrdfancypants said:
axumblade said:

So you have been on this site less than a week but are familiar enough with other members that you can throw accusations about other users being alts...

In fairness one can become very familar with posters before they ever decide to create an account here. I'm not saying that's the case here but that it's definitely a very real possibility. I would assume this site has many lurkers who might lurk for a long time before, if ever, creating an account. 

Even though it is very treu what you said, I was here when the whole PowerXXX "incident" happened, and I can say for certain that this new user is acting very similar to him.And Rol  is an old member here, so im more inclined to believe Rol than Roketan.

Having said that, as long as everyone behaves, I have no problem whatsoever.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1