By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Ash finally win a Pokemon League? *UPDATED OP: Finals over, the conclusion is...!!!

Do you think this was a good outcome?

Yes 13 14.44%

No 77 85.56%

Total:90

Where can i watch this tournament? Is this going to be streaming on Twitch?

Around the Network
tbone51 said:

Lets hope! I still predict team flare interupts the final fight and they will clash later once mpre 1vs1

While I can see that possibility and would be okay with it, I really don't think it will for various reasons.

1. Their last battle was interrupted, albeit by a completely different reason, but still I doubt they'd do that twice in a row for such a highly anticipated battle.

2. Team Flare has no reason to interrupt. They way Lysandre talks to Ash in the episode preview makes it seem like he wants to watch and see Ash-Greninja in action, probably to try recruiting Ash like he did Alain, and interrupting the battle would just piss both of them off.

3. There isn't enough time left before Sun & Moon for another 6v6 league match and it'd be a little redundant. There's no way they'd leave the Kalos League without a victor.

4. The episode title "Kalos League Victory" implies just that, that there will be someone victorious at the League.

green_sky said:
Where can i watch this tournament? Is this going to be streaming on Twitch?

I don't know about Twitch, but I believe there are people who stream the live TV broadcast on Youtube if you want to watch the episodes asap.

tbone51 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

Yet he didn't actually win even half of his badges and only made Top 16. :L

I never said it was his best league. Just the best overall pokemon he had. Lets not forget orange league and the battle frontier back in kanto. 

You're conveniently ignoring the fact that his current team is blessed with the presence of Gawdlucha. Seriously, this is all Ash has to do:

1. Roll out Gawdlucha's Pokeball
  2. Get to a safe distance away. Go get a Sprite from a vending machine or something
  3. Check back every 15 minutes to see if Gawdlucha is done
  4. Wipe the blood off of those cheap ass tennis shoes he's been wearing the last 20 years
  5. Ash Ketchum, your new champion

UltimateUnknown said:

Pikachu, Hawlucha, Talonflame, Goodra, Noivern, Greninja.

His Goodra came back to fight in the league with him. His Greninja is on a different level with its Ash-Greninja transformation though.

Einsam_Delphin said:

Pikachu/Greninja/Talonflame/Hawlucha/Goodra/Noivern

His team is definitely good enough to have it come down to Ash-Greninja vs Mega Charizard X, that much is basically confirmed already!

Then I'm going to double down on what I said earier. If he can't win the league with THAT team, then what hope does he ever have?

That team is essentially OU sans Noivern (Anime Pikachu would be OU-level). Greninja is ubers, and Ash's Greninja is uber-uber, so it's balanced out by Noiven and Goodra.

And that's before we even get to Gawdlucha, the Enlightened Savior of the uneducated masses...

burninmylight said:
UltimateUnknown said:

Pikachu, Hawlucha, Talonflame, Goodra, Noivern, Greninja.

His Goodra came back to fight in the league with him. His Greninja is on a different level with its Ash-Greninja transformation though.

Einsam_Delphin said:

Pikachu/Greninja/Talonflame/Hawlucha/Goodra/Noivern

His team is definitely good enough to have it come down to Ash-Greninja vs Mega Charizard X, that much is basically confirmed already!

Then I'm going to double down on what I said earier. If he can't win the league with THAT team, then what hope does he ever have?

That team is essentially OU sans Noivern (Anime Pikachu would be OU-level). Greninja is ubers, and Ash's Greninja is uber-uber, so it's balanced out by Noiven and Goodra.

And that's before we even get to Gawdlucha, the Enlightened Savior of the uneducated masses...

His Hawlucha was jobbed out to a Slaking (yes a Slaking which it has a type advantage against) in the first round of the semi-finals. This is after it got a crazy entrance while wearing a superman cape as well.

Around the Network
burninmylight said:

You're conveniently ignoring the fact that his current team is blessed with the presence of Gawdlucha. Seriously, this is all Ash has to do:

1. Roll out Gawdlucha's Pokeball
  2. Get to a safe distance away. Go get a Sprite from a vending machine or something
  3. Check back every 15 minutes to see if Gawdlucha is done
  4. Wipe the blood off of those cheap ass tennis shoes he's been wearing the last 20 years
  5. Ash Ketchum, your new champion

Cmon now, Hawlucha is great, but not quite on the same level as Charizard/Snorlax, and definitely not an effortless auto-win lol.

UltimateUnknown said:

His Hawlucha was jobbed out to a Slaking (yes a Slaking which it has a type advantage against) in the first round of the semi-finals. This is after it got a crazy entrance while wearing a superman cape as well.

To be fair, Hawlucha was at a disadvantage against Sawyer's strategy as they explained, yet he still played a major role in Slaking's knockout so it's not like he was defeated without contributing.

Never thought I'd see the day where asking if Ash will win a Pokemon League became a legitimate question

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

I sure as hell hope so. The thought of this even happening made me watch XY again

It's gonna be a loooong wait until the Final Match vs. Alain!

With the new Sun & Moon info we got today it looks like Pokemon Leagues as we've known them for the past 20 years are coming to an end, so it only makes sense for Ash to win the last traditional League!