By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Ash finally win a Pokemon League? *UPDATED OP: Finals over, the conclusion is...!!!

Do you think this was a good outcome?

Yes 13 14.44%

No 77 85.56%

Total:90
Einsam_Delphin said:
With the new Sun & Moon info we got today it looks like Pokemon Leagues as we've known them for the past 20 years are coming to an end, so it only makes sense for Ash to win the last traditional League!

I hope so. Am cheering for him. He has been so persistent all this time. I have so much to learn from him. 

Around the Network

So it was obvious that it'd come down to Ash-Greninja vs. Mega Charizard X, however what we didn't know is if the rest of Ash's team would be able to hold their own enough to allow Greninja to only have to fight Charizard instead of having to deal with one or two other Pokemon first. That's pretty much always been the problem with Ash's team in the past (and why I say his Kalos team is his best team), his ace always has to knockout like half of the opponent's team, putting it at a disadvantage against their final Pokemon.

Thankfully based on the episode preview (below) that wont be the case, infact the opposite. Ash's team will once again give Greninja the advantage against the final Pokemon, a lot in part thanks to Pikachu I mean damn he really wants this! He takes on Tyranitar, Metagross, AND Charizard, over half of Alain's team! The fact that we see Pikachu take on Charizard must mean Ash has a 2-1 advantage at that point, which surprises me, I thought Ash would be playing from behind the majority of the match, but it seems he'll actually be even or ahead for the most part.

View on YouTube

So based on that preview, which does give us an idea of progression thanks to the scoreboard in the background and the field which changes after 3 knockouts, it looks like the battle will play out something like this:

-Ash's Pikachu defeats Alain's Tyranitar; Ash withdraws Pikachu
Current Score: 6-5

-Ash's Hawlucha loses to Alain's Weavile
Current Score: 5-5

-Ash's Noivern defeats Alain's Weavile
Current Score: 5-4

-Ash's Noivern loses to Alain's Bisharp; Alain withdraws Bisharp
Current Score: 4-4

-Ash's Talonflame and Alain's Unfezant K.O. each other; Field Change
Current Score: 3-3

-Ash's Goodra defeats Alain's Bisharp
Current Score: 3-2

-Ash's Goodra loses to Alain's Metagross
Current Score 2-2

-Ash's Pikachu defeat's Alain's Metagross
Current Score 2-1

-Ash's Pikachu loses to Alain's Charizard
Current Score 1-1

-Ash-Greninja Vs, Mega Charizard X!

I have to admit, it is a very interesting and unique take to have the main character of what is basically a sports competition story consistently fail to reach his goal over multiple tournaments arcs. Hopefully he makes it this time.

https://youtu.be/Sl1XO_-flmI

Some very interesting stuff just surfaced, not just in regard to the Pokemon League, but also the aftermath of Team Flare's attack, the potential ending to XYZ in general, and maybe even a little preview of Sun/Moon!

This has neither been confirmed nor deconfirmed, it's all pure speculation based on very eye catching fanart (and the circumstance surrounding it), so feel free to watch if you'd like, POTENTIAL spoiler warning as usual.
But damn if this all turns out true, I will be one EXTREMELY happy camper!

They've just recently found on the recent scans that had the new Alola Pokemon and Team Skull that the Zygarde episodes will be a one hour special! Also Ash gets captured in the beginning of the events of the Team Flare Arc.

Around the Network
PAOerfulone said:
https://youtu.be/Sl1XO_-flmI

Some very interesting stuff just surfaced, not just in regard to the Pokemon League, but also the aftermath of Team Flare's attack, the potential ending to XYZ in general, and maybe even a little preview of Sun/Moon!

This has neither been confirmed nor deconfirmed, it's all pure speculation based on very eye catching fanart (and the circumstance surrounding it), so feel free to watch if you'd like, POTENTIAL spoiler warning as usual.
But damn if this all turns out true, I will be one EXTREMELY happy camper!

The thing about that image being taken down is that it can be taken two ways, they could of taken it down because Serena wont be going thus it would be deceiving people.

Kai_Mao said:
They've just recently found on the recent scans that had the new Alola Pokemon and Team Skull that the Zygarde episodes will be a one hour special! Also Ash gets captured in the beginning of the events of the Team Flare Arc.

Now why would Team Flare kidnap a loser?

Please dont spoil what happens in the title of the thread.

Culipechi said:
Please dont spoil what happens in the title of the thread.

But of course, I wont pass up a click bait title opportunity!

Just saw the latest episode!
Oh man, the wait for next week is going to be PAINFUL!!!!

The only thing that this is missing, that will make it even more epic is Jim Ross on commentary!!