By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Ash finally win a Pokemon League? *UPDATED OP: Finals over, the conclusion is...!!!

Do you think this was a good outcome?

Yes 13 14.44%

No 77 85.56%

Total:90
pkmnMasterWheeeIer said:
You know, it's gonna be real funny if he does win, cause every poll I've seen is 2/3 no or more. Oh and I DO think he's gonna win! Although you just KNOW there's gonna be a bunch of "See, Kalos is so easy even Ash can beat it!" jokes if he wins.

To be completely honest Ash has been jobbed out to people like Tobias in the Sinnoh league when he had a ton of momentum. In fact Ash's Sinnoh team was looking pretty beast as well at the time and his Infernape seemed pretty unstoppable after that epic match with Paul.  You really have to question the writing for including someone like Tobias with all uber-tier pokemon and squashing the protagonist along with everyone else at the league in the season's finale. It's just horribly anti-climactic knowing Ash had absolutely no chance against the guy, getting 6-2ed.

Unfortunately to some people Alan is giving somewhat of a Tobias kind of vibe this season although imo nowhere near as bad. I think Ash legitimately has a shot at winning the whole thing this time.

Around the Network
burninmylight said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

Da fudge!? It's the single best team he's ever had! Besides it's all gonna come down to Ash-Greninja who's OP as fuck!

Which Pokemon compose his team? Last I remember checking in (which was at least a year ago), he had a Goodra (that I heard he released, the idiot), Gawdlucha, along with the Greninja. I figured if he couldn't win the league with that team, then he might as well give up this whole Pokemon thing and go find a temp job or something.

Pikachu, Hawlucha, Talonflame, Goodra, Noivern, Greninja.

His Goodra came back to fight in the league with him. His Greninja is on a different level with its Ash-Greninja transformation though.

fordy said:
More importantly, are they going to pull a DBZ and have the final battle last a few months, until Sun/Moon are released?

lol no, two episodes long. There'll be a Team Flare arc right after.

LurkerJ said:
Does anyone have a link to the semi finals matches?

Really, you didn't see it embeded just 7 post before yours? :L

tbone51 said:

Nah. In terms of overall pokemon? Its close but lets look (excluding Pikachu)

Greninja: This is his strongest pokemon ever. Especially because of ash greninja but still. Charizard and Infernape as well as pikachu are right after. 

Talonflame: Its def good but i wouldnt put it in his top 10 strongest ever. Def one of his best birds though.

Noivern: This one ia still a baby but its not really strong. Def the weakest in kalos and one of the worst of ash overall. Though it has potential.

Halawcha: This one ia pretty goos but he does lose alot. It was a powerhouse in the begin ning but not ao much anymore (think torterra from dp)

Goodra: Ok we need more of this one. It def is a top 10 of ash. The def of this thing is insane like snorlax beforw it.

Now that i thinl about it, I should do ash top list. Like a top 25 to make it more exciting.

I just mean in terms of regional teams he's had, not a team he could make out of his overall Pokemon. He's certainly never had a fully evolved (besides Pikachu) team before!

burninmylight said:

Which Pokemon compose his team? Last I remember checking in (which was at least a year ago), he had a Goodra (that I heard he released, the idiot), Gawdlucha, along with the Greninja. I figured if he couldn't win the league with that team, then he might as well give up this whole Pokemon thing and go find a temp job or something.

Pikachu/Greninja/Talonflame/Hawlucha/Goodra/Noivern

His team is definitely good enough to have it come down to Ash-Greninja vs Mega Charizard X, that much is basically confirmed already!

Einsam_Delphin said:
fordy said:
More importantly, are they going to pull a DBZ and have the final battle last a few months, until Sun/Moon are released?

lol no, two episodes long. There'll be a Team Flare arc right after.

LurkerJ said:
Does anyone have a link to the semi finals matches?

Really, you didn't see it embeded just 7 post before yours? :L

tbone51 said:

Nah. In terms of overall pokemon? Its close but lets look (excluding Pikachu)

Greninja: This is his strongest pokemon ever. Especially because of ash greninja but still. Charizard and Infernape as well as pikachu are right after. 

Talonflame: Its def good but i wouldnt put it in his top 10 strongest ever. Def one of his best birds though.

Noivern: This one ia still a baby but its not really strong. Def the weakest in kalos and one of the worst of ash overall. Though it has potential.

Halawcha: This one ia pretty goos but he does lose alot. It was a powerhouse in the begin ning but not ao much anymore (think torterra from dp)

Goodra: Ok we need more of this one. It def is a top 10 of ash. The def of this thing is insane like snorlax beforw it.

Now that i thinl about it, I should do ash top list. Like a top 25 to make it more exciting.

I just mean in terms of regional teams he's had, not a team he could make out of his overall Pokemon. He's certainly never had a fully evolved (besides Pikachu) team before!

burninmylight said:

Pikachu/Greninja/Talonflame/Hawlucha/Goodra/Noivern

His team is definitely good enough to have it come down to Ash-Greninja vs Mega Charizard X, that much is basically confirmed already!

I still believe his gen1 team is by far his best team. Even without evolving bulbasaur and squirtle beat ash kalos squad excluding greninja and maybe goodra. Plus he had snorlax which is a powerhouse as well as an underrated kingler and muk. 

UltimateUnknown said:
pkmnMasterWheeeIer said:
You know, it's gonna be real funny if he does win, cause every poll I've seen is 2/3 no or more. Oh and I DO think he's gonna win! Although you just KNOW there's gonna be a bunch of "See, Kalos is so easy even Ash can beat it!" jokes if he wins.

To be completely honest Ash has been jobbed out to people like Tobias in the Sinnoh league when he had a ton of momentum. In fact Ash's Sinnoh team was looking pretty beast as well at the time and his Infernape seemed pretty unstoppable after that epic match with Paul.  You really have to question the writing for including someone like Tobias with all uber-tier pokemon and squashing the protagonist along with everyone else at the league in the season's finale. It's just horribly anti-climactic knowing Ash had absolutely no chance against the guy, getting 6-2ed.

Unfortunately to some people Alan is giving somewhat of a Tobias kind of vibe this season although imo nowhere near as bad. I think Ash legitimately has a shot at winning the whole thing this time.

Yeah Sinnoh was Ash's best outing before Kalos and he really was at his most competent until now. It was unfortunate he had to go out like that. Although he gets the nod for beating any of Tobias' Pokemon during the league.

I don't like Alain being compared to Tobias. Alain has been developed for a while, especially through his own series called Mega Evolution. That particular series has enough episodes to get to know him as he transitioned to the XYZ plot. He didn't come out of nowhere. If fans of XY/XYZ thought of Alain as Tobias 2.0 then I would have to wonder if they've been living under a rock this whole time, no offense to them.

Around the Network
UltimateUnknown said:

It's not just your opinion, it's a fact! Tobias came out of literally nowhere using the noobiest of all legendarys, whereas Alain is a long established character that Ash has already fought in close battles (lost first but was winning second time until he lost control) who doesn't use cheap legendarys and has been shown to be defeatable. 

tbone51 said:

I still believe his gen1 team is by far his best team. Even without evolving bulbasaur and squirtle beat ash kalos squad excluding greninja and maybe goodra. Plus he had snorlax which is a powerhouse as well as an underrated kingler and muk. 

Yet he didn't actually win even half of his badges and only made Top 16. :L

Einsam_Delphin said:
tbone51 said:

Yet he didn't actually win even half of his badges and only made Top 16. :L

I never said it was his best league. Just the best overall pokemon he had. Lets not forget orange league and the battle frontier back in kanto. 

tbone51 said:

I never said it was his best league. Just the best overall pokemon he had. Lets not forget orange league and the battle frontier back in kanto. 

We'll just have to agree to disagree here. Ash's current team is more than good enough to bring the battle with Alain down to the last Pokemon and that's what matters!

Einsam_Delphin said:
tbone51 said:

We'll just have to agree to disagree here. Ash's current team is more than good enough to bring the battle with Alain down to the last Pokemon and that's what matters!

Lets hope! I still predict team flare interupts the final fight and they will clash later once mpre 1vs1