By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Ash finally win a Pokemon League? *UPDATED OP: Finals over, the conclusion is...!!!

Do you think this was a good outcome?

Yes 13 14.44%

No 77 85.56%

Total:90

Incase there's anyone who doesn't believe the episode titles, well it's now official after what was probably one of if not the greatest battle in the history of the anime! The animation, the intensity, the strategy, the power, everything was on point! I've never ever gotten hyped up while watching this show before, it was just so good! See for yourselves!

View on YouTube

Also, it's pretty much confirmed that the battle with Alain will come down to their last Pokemon since it's spread between two episodes, so no Tobias style wipe! Additionally this means the question now is just whether or not Ash-Greninja can defeat Mega Charizard X, that's all that stands in the way of Ash winning the league now! Of course, I'm confident Ash-Greninja will win, it's simply too hype! Plus, they showed that Ash-Greninja will be getting an even more OP Rasenshuriken, yep the one you saw in this episode, it isn't even his final attack!

Around the Network

Wait what? I thought he almost never lost. What about that one battle against the trainer with the Dragonite he defeated with Pikachu?

Edit: Yes, I haven't watched this series in a very long time.  

Lube Me Up

Einsam_Delphin said:

Incase there's anyone who doesn't believe the episode titles, well it's now official after what was probably one of if not the greatest battle in the history of the anime! The animation, the intensity, the strategy, the power, everything was on point! I've never ever gotten hyped up while watching this show before, it was just so good! See for yourselves!

View on YouTube

Also, it's pretty much confirmed that the battle with Alain will come down to their last Pokemon since it's spread between two episodes, so no Tobias style wipe! Additionally this means the question now is just whether or not Ash-Greninja can defeat Mega Charizard X, that's all that stands in the way of Ash winning the league now! Of course, I'm confident Ash-Greninja will win, it's simply too hype! Plus, they showed that Ash-Greninja will be getting an even more OP Rasenshuriken, yep the one you saw in this episode, it isn't even his final attack!

That last battle between Mega Sceptile and Ash-Greninja was incredible! I remember seeing highlights of the episode and the animation, the back-and-forth trade, the music, and the incredible synchonization between Ash and Greninja really showed how far the XY/XYZ series has come from the original series. 

Ljink96 said:
No. That's what makes ash, ash. The same way Goku always has someone stronger than him to keep interest. Ash's ultimate goal, besides to catch em all, is to beat a league. If he beats it...then what? :O

"then what?" A new region is found and he goes off to do it again. Him winning a league doesn't matter to him continuing his journey. Why are people ignoring the Orange League? Because it's not based off a game? He won that. It's cannon for the show. That be like arguing his original hat wasn't important. Just because he got a new one. He won the Battle Frontier too. Still goes on quests. The writers just turned losing, into a stupid joke. "Pokemon Master" is so broad. Who said Ash's goal, was to beat only one league?

Master could mean: Beat a league, catch every pokemon. Beat all regions. It could mean anything. It's a broad statement. Which is why the writers picked it. People only think this way. Because that's how the games end. The anime doesn't follow the games 100%. Or we wouldn't have Ash now. When we beat the champion, in the games. Do we get stuck in the champion ring. And forever fight challengers, no. He can win it. He's registered, like we get in the game. And then goes. "Oh, there's a new league here. I'm going for that next."Even if you want to argue about people being scared of him. Or being a celebirty. That would die off, real fast. Just like how Legendaries are used in the show. And no one blinks.

I had no idea Ash had such an OP Greninja.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network
archer9234 said:
Ljink96 said:
No. That's what makes ash, ash. The same way Goku always has someone stronger than him to keep interest. Ash's ultimate goal, besides to catch em all, is to beat a league. If he beats it...then what? :O

"then what?" A new region is found and he goes off to do it again. Him winning a league doesn't matter to him continuing his journey. Why are people ignoring the Orange League? Because it's not based off a game? He won that. It's cannon for the show. That be like arguing his original hat wasn't important. Just because he got a new one. He won the Battle Frontier too. Still goes on quests. The writers just turned losing, into a stupid joke. "Pokemon Master" is so broad. Who said Ash's goal, was to beat only one league?

Master could mean: Beat a league, catch every pokemon. Beat all regions. It could mean anything. It's a broad statement. Which is why the writers picked it. People only think this way. Because that's how the games end. The anime doesn't follow the games 100%. Or we wouldn't have Ash now. When we beat the champion, in the games. Do we get stuck in the champion ring. And forever fight challengers, no. He can win it. He's registered, like we get in the game. And then goes. "Oh, there's a new league here. I'm going for that next."Even if you want to argue about people being scared of him. Or being a celebirty. That would die off, real fast. Just like how Legendaries are used in the show. And no one blinks.

It's a classic Japanese plot. Ash will never win a league. I worded my op wrong. That's of course not his only goal. But that's what keeps him going more than anything. Sure, catching them all like I also mentioned, but we never see Ash returning to other leagues. Well, very seldom doe he return. By that time, it's time for Nintendo and Gamefreak to release the new game and make a new series and the cycle continues...

Not with that crap team lol

Kai_Mao said:

That last battle between Mega Sceptile and Ash-Greninja was incredible! I remember seeing highlights of the episode and the animation, the back-and-forth trade, the music, and the incredible synchonization between Ash and Greninja really showed how far the XY/XYZ series has come from the original series. 

It really does! I used loath the anime and especially Ash, but now I love it! Here's hoping the Sun & Moon anime is even better!

Ryng_Tolu said:
Not with that crap team lol

Da fudge!? It's the single best team he's ever had! Besides it's all gonna come down to Ash-Greninja who's OP as fuck!

More importantly, are they going to pull a DBZ and have the final battle last a few months, until Sun/Moon are released?

Does anyone have a link to the semi finals matches?