By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is There a Chance of Pokemon Sun/Moon Selling 20mil lifetime? (Or close to it)

Larger user base than when x/y released and pokemon go..... No. I'm sure it'll give it a good shot though.

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
twintail said:

It's possible but I really doubt it.

Still failing to see whyppl think mobile consumers are going to magically spend so much money on a handheld nd game just because of a mobile version.

But good for Nintendo if it works.

You dont understand that now that Pokemon is more popular than ever since 1996 thanks to Pokemon Go is very probable sales of the new main games are better? Pokemon Go is the biggest publicity Pokemon Sun/Moon could have ever had and with more publicity usually you get more sales, is that simple.

you don't unterstand the mobile games market and the users.
was angry birds on consoles big? no

mobile free2play gamer will still play pokemon go, or rather move to the next hyped thing, instead of investing $200 to play pokemon sun/moon
the number of people, who will do that will be abysmal low when you compare that to the people who play go
the number will be below 1% for sure. if nintendo will get 1m more sales just because of go, that would be a huge success. but even that will proabably not happen.

well we could also apply the xbox play anywhere logic here. because people can play pokemon on phone now, sales for 3ds and sun/moon will even further decline. but that would be stupid. because we know thats just fanboy talk.
but just don't expect this to grow the demand for 3ds and sun/moon by 5 million or whatever...

I really don't see Pokemon Go providing a huge boost to Sun/Moon. It might help a little bit, but the other factors playing against it will outweigh the boost it gets from Go.

jungemann said:
Goodnightmoon said:

You dont understand that now that Pokemon is more popular than ever since 1996 thanks to Pokemon Go is very probable sales of the new main games are better? Pokemon Go is the biggest publicity Pokemon Sun/Moon could have ever had and with more publicity usually you get more sales, is that simple.

mobile free2play gamer will still play pokemon go, or rather move to the next hyped thing, instead of investing $200 to play pokemon sun/moon
the number of people, who will do that will be abysmal low when you compare that to the people who play go
the number will be below 1% for sure. if nintendo will get 1m more sales just because of go, that would be a huge success. but even that will proabably not happen.

well we could also apply the xbox play anywhere logic here. because people can play pokemon on phone now, sales for 3ds and sun/moon will even further decline. but that would be stupid. because we know thats just fanboy talk.
but just don't expect this to grow the demand for 3ds and sun/moon by 5 million or whatever...

As I said before my expectations are 15m, mostly because the console is already in decline, I think this prediction could have a chance but wouldn't bet about it, 15 seems pretty possible though.

jungemann said:

Lol, of course Angry Birds is not big on console.

Why should i pay 30€ for a game that is LITTERALLY THE SAME on my phone, which is gratis?

Pokémon GO and Pokémon on handhelds are literally two complete difference thing.

Same we can say for the XBOX thing, yes have a Gears of War or an Halo on PC definitive hurt the XBOX sales, because who already has a PC won't buy an XBOX for play a game which can be played on PC, or who already has XBOX or PC can choise the PC version cause he like play on PC ecc...

If you played even only one Pokémon generation, you should understand that are literally two difference universe... And we already see that there are some indication Pokémon GO is currently increasing the Moon and Sun hype, just look at Amazon USA.

http://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/videogames

Not only Moon and Sun are doing amazing, but even 3DS is doing very strong, better than all XBO SKUs even with those insane deals / promotion... not to mention PS4 is just barely over the Red 3DS version, and is not even close with the Black version.

Around the Network
hershel_layton said:
hunter_alien said:
Nope... the 3DS is pretty much dead. It has a chance of cracking 10 million, but IMO only the next mainline Pokemon will have a chance to crack 20 million, if Nintendos next portable becomes huge.

Averaging 10+ million is impressive for a series, especially for a "dead" handheld

I did not want to sound like a troll. True, its a massive franchise. But it is also true that the golden days of the 3DS are behind us now. Even with the ressurgance of the N3DS that was one and a half year ago, is pretty much lost now. Never the less, selling 70 million dedicated handhelds LT in this day and age is no small feat, and clearly prooves that if there is content people will buy it.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

On a single platform absolutely not.

If they re release it on NX then maybe combined.

All they need to do is add some Pokemon GO bonus for playing Sun/Moon

mysteryman said:
All they need to do is add some Pokemon GO bonus for playing Sun/Moon

They definitely need to do this!  If they don't, they are basically making a bonfire with money.  

Playing Xenoblade 2 before I buy Xenoblade 3 (otherwise I couldn't wait to play 3).

Can they announce a new Fire Emblem? A remake of Genealogy or Tellius would suffice !

Lets keep this going!