By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Make VGChartz Great Again!

zero129 said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Still open to new members and I've not seen anyone get shot.

How do you mean closed and police state? in what way is the site closed?

The was a time on this site you could openly talk about how mods acted etc. We even had a thread for doing just that!.

However now you cant openly talk with other forum members about mods etc.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7434030

Here is why, it seems fairly straightforwards to me why this was stopped especially can see why someone would want to avoid

4. Unfortunately, the thread has turned into a glorified soapbox for some users to push their agendas or to perpetuate their own spotlight.

That would just be a waste of time and energy I'll bet.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Do you mean on the mobile version of the site? like if I have a noticication on the mobile site clicking the top right area to display the drop down menu instead brings me to the actual first page of my profile rather than displaying the drop down menu.... well no that appears but then immediately my profile loads instead, just like... a basic test run of the site from a mobile device would clearly show whoever put it together that it doesn't function correctly?

It could just be mobile, I Do not go on my laptop or Wii U Much anymore.

To be fair it actually happens on the desktop too... if you click your profile picture at the top right or that arrow to get the drop down menu it brings you to... your profile but obviously on the pc you can leave the cursor there over it for the drop down menu to appear... can't really do that on the phone since the tap is a click... eeerrrr.... give me a minute with this shit.

EDIT - There is a fix to it on the mobile browser... it's a bad one but a fix, if you actually hold on the profile part of the page, like... your avatar in top right until it becomes a right click, then cancel out of the right click, you should get the drop down menu but it doesn't load your profile, lets you tap on notifications or so if you have some!

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

How to make VGChartz great again:

Post the most recent sales numbers. I've been hearing people ask where I'll get my numbers from. Here's my answer: I'll get them

Get all the sloppy posting double posters out of here. They have to go, no class at all, okay?

More posts about Pokemon GO, I'm hearing it's a cultural phenomenon but I am not seeing this. It's not being marketed correctly, has the wrong people in charge handling it, they're losers okay? We need to clean it up. If you think it's big now, wait until I'm in charge. It's gonna be huuuuuuugggggeeeeeee.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Behind the scenes, tho.

The ads are so annoying and make the site unusable on a phone, so fix that problem.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

We need to build a wall around the Hablemos en Espanol thread.

sethnintendo said:

If you're going to take my ideas, at least make them sound convincing. No class.  Seth you're not a tough guy, if you wanna apologize I'm waiting, but I won't accept it.  My espanol speaking fans love me and expect good things.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

sethnintendo said:

Lmao. Agreed.

OT: seems like every thread is either about Pokemon go or NX (whatever that is). I'd close down the Xbox republic/PS nation/whatever threads. Some more off topic threads would be good too. Haven't seen any sales discussion since I came back like 2 days ago either which is strange for a sales site

zero129 said:
Ganoncrotch said:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7434030

Here is why, it seems fairly straightforwards to me why this was stopped especially can see why someone would want to avoid

4. Unfortunately, the thread has turned into a glorified soapbox for some users to push their agendas or to perpetuate their own spotlight.

That would just be a waste of time and energy I'll bet.

I agree that thread was handled bad. This in no way means another one couldnt be handled better.

Having a thread which soaks up time to "handle" it because people want a way to publicly attack a mod or attempt to drum up support against said mod isn't really a great move I think for the forum as a whole, if you have a grievance with the team or a member of it then why not send an email to the head mod as is suggested in the rules and they can just handle that directly, it doesn't have to be a complaint plastered publicly for everyone to see, mods would just have to take those down I'll bet.

vgchartzmods@gmail.com can give it a shot, worst that can happen is they'll reply and say they disagree with you.

man-bear-pig said:
sethnintendo said:

Lmao. Agreed.

OT: seems like every thread is either about Pokemon go or NX (whatever that is). I'd close down the Xbox republic/PS nation/whatever threads. Some more off topic threads would be good too. Haven't seen any sales discussion since I came back like 2 days ago either which is strange for a sales site

man bear pig returned :o

Agreed @ bolded, after taking one look into one of them they just appear to be a hive for the Them Vs Us mentality on this site which ends up in big bans being dished out when people take that attitude out into the open air of multiplatformed threads/users, where it isn't just the forum equivilent of a bunch of bobble heads all looking at their system of choice nodding together.