By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo should go full mobile

Do you agree?

No 91 85.85%

Yes 15 14.15%

Total:106
Cloudman said:
I think we should wait for more mobile games from them before making claims like this on just 2 games, Pokemon Go and Miitomo. Anyone still remember that game?

Also, what the heck is up with that "reputation of not supporting its consoles well"? Ninten supported both the Wii U and 3DS well. Heck, they still are. Support is dropping for the Wii U because it failed despite all their efforts, so of course they're going to switch to a new device. Would you rather they continue drowning with it?

I don't think they supported the Wii U well. Most of its exclusives are platformers which does not appeal to me when they costs $70, its got few third party games, and few games in genres like hack and slash, FPS, TPS, WRPG's, fighting, action adventure and racing. Its got a very small library of games, and didn't even get many of the big third party games in 2015 while PS3 and Xbox 360 were still getting them.

I've only got three games I'm interested on the system that isn't better on a console I already have or have not already played, and they are Bayonetta 2 and XCX and TLOZ BOTW which hasn't been released yet.

Around the Network

Can we stop with those threads already? Why should they?

The issue is though mobile now has to be taken more seriously by Nintendo though.

It can't just be looked at as a little side part of their business, I thought it would take a little longer to reach this point, but Pokemon Go may have blown that whole time line right out of the water.

I mean can you say "no" to a Mario Kart on iOS/Android now? A more robust Animal Crossing app?

These are tough decisions now for Nintendo, they are leaving potentially billions of dollars of profit on the table if they say no.

Soundwave said:
The issue is though mobile now has to be taken more seriously by Nintendo though.

It can't just be looked at as a little side part of their business, I thought it would take a little longer to reach this point, but Pokemon Go may have blown that whole time line right out of the water.

I mean can you say "no" to a Mario Kart on iOS/Android now? A more robust Animal Crossing app?

These are tough decisions now for Nintendo, they are leaving potentially billions of dollars of profit on the table if they say no.

Well, they are working on an Animal Crossing and a Fire Emblem game for mobile devices right now.

Yea... no.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network
GOWTLOZ said:
Cloudman said:
I think we should wait for more mobile games from them before making claims like this on just 2 games, Pokemon Go and Miitomo. Anyone still remember that game?

Also, what the heck is up with that "reputation of not supporting its consoles well"? Ninten supported both the Wii U and 3DS well. Heck, they still are. Support is dropping for the Wii U because it failed despite all their efforts, so of course they're going to switch to a new device. Would you rather they continue drowning with it?

I don't think they supported the Wii U well. Most of its exclusives are platformers which does not appeal to me when they costs $70, its got few third party games, and few games in genres like hack and slash, FPS, TPS, WRPG's, fighting, action adventure and racing. Its got a very small library of games, and didn't even get many of the big third party games in 2015 while PS3 and Xbox 360 were still getting them.

I've only got three games I'm interested on the system that isn't better on a console I already have or have not already played, and they are Bayonetta 2 and XCX and TLOZ BOTW which hasn't been released yet.

While not all their games may not appeal to you, I don't think it's fair to say they didn't support it well. They're the main one supporting it and they've made and published good number of varying genres of games. And that's just them. Imagine if they had more 3rd party support, it would make the Wii U look better. Heck, imagine if Sony and MS had to support their consoles with only their games.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

like it. don't like it.

nintendo will see the money from pokemon go and you'll see a noticeable shift in priorities.

kitler53 said:
like it. don't like it.

nintendo will see the money from pokemon go and you'll see a noticeable shift in priorities.

The potential they saw in mobile was the reason they made the jump in the 1st place : P

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Oh great out with the NX threads and in with the Nintendo should go full mobile ones. In my opinion, its way to early to consider that route ( if ever) since Nintendo just earns to much through consoles compared to mobile and given how unbearably fickle that market is, don't expect a Pokémon Go like hit for quite a while.

Waste Nintendo exclusively on mobile gaming? God no, we all remember Westwood studios and the Nokia N-Gage, one of the saddest stories from the industry.
Nintendo games are best on their own hardware, mobile is a nice venture for them to get some much needed revenue and profits though, the market is absolutely huge.