Do you agree?

No 91 85.85%

Yes 15 14.15%

Total:106

But then i couldn't play Zelda anymore

Around the Network
GOWTLOZ said:
Cloudman said:
I think we should wait for more mobile games from them before making claims like this on just 2 games, Pokemon Go and Miitomo. Anyone still remember that game?

Also, what the heck is up with that "reputation of not supporting its consoles well"? Ninten supported both the Wii U and 3DS well. Heck, they still are. Support is dropping for the Wii U because it failed despite all their efforts, so of course they're going to switch to a new device. Would you rather they continue drowning with it?

I don't think they supported the Wii U well. Most of its exclusives are platformers which does not appeal to me when they costs $70, its got few third party games, and few games in genres like hack and slash, FPS, TPS, WRPG's, fighting, action adventure and racing. Its got a very small library of games, and didn't even get many of the big third party games in 2015 while PS3 and Xbox 360 were still getting them.

I've only got three games I'm interested on the system that isn't better on a console I already have or have not already played, and they are Bayonetta 2 and XCX and TLOZ BOTW which hasn't been released yet.

XCX, Bayonetta 2, Wonderful 101, Pikmin 3, Zombi U(At least it was exclusive for a good while) Super Smash Bros 4, Mario Kart 8,Hyrule Warriors, Zelda Breath of the Wild, Tokyo Mirage Sessions, Pokken Tournament,Paper Mario Color Splash,Fatal Frame 5,Wind Waker HD and Twillight Princess HD,Lego City Undercover,Mario party 10,Mario tennis,Splatoon,Star Fox Zero, and many indie titles.While not all of them are excellent, I dont get where you are taking this "most of Wii U exclusives are platforms" argument.Not to mention that there is alot of diverse genres there.Do your research.

And if you were to play the games, you would know that 95% of those games and franchises would not translate to mobile at all.The best you could do, and thats stretching alot, is make a small game of some Nintendo IP with controls that work well with the phone like Pokemon GO, but it would be a bad game if compared to the actual one in the console.Even Pokemon GO is a totally different game from the main ones.In that sense, you could also make uncharted for the phones with controls that work well with it.It just wouldnt be Uncharted as you know it, the same way Pokemon GO isnt the same as the Pokemon you know.So I see a bit of double standard on this subject, as everyone that throws this Nintendo should go mobile/third party does.

Remember that what you value as worthwhile may not be so for others, and vice-versa.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

GOWTLOZ said:
Roderic_Blackwood said:

Funny thing Sony and Microsoft makes smartphones, Nintendo doesn't and there are plenty of franchises Sony and Microsoft could put on mobile devices. And anyway like somebody else said, if you want to play a Nintendo game go and buy their hardware, the 2DS is way cheaper than a good smartphone.

That has nothing to do with this. Sony IP's like Sly Cooper and Jak and Daxter would work, but most of their big IP's like God of War, Uncharted, Gran Turismo, Killzone and Infamous would not work and neither will Microsoft IP's like Halo, Gears of War and Forza Motosport. But most of Nintendo's big IP's like Pokemon, 2D Zelda, NSMB, Yoshi, Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing and Kirby would work well on smartphone.

While 2DS is way cheaper than smartphones its also way weaker and the games are way more expensive than I'm willing to buy them for.

collint0101 said:

It's clear that you haven't played many Nintendo games. Outside of a few turn based rpgs and stuff like animal crossing most flat out wouldn't work. IPs would have to be dumbed down or given a mobile centric spin like pokemon go to work and that's not something I want to see from Zelda, metroid, xenoblade splatoon and all the rest 

Animal Crossing, Kirby, Fire Emblem, Yoshi, 2D Zelda, Pokemon and NSMB would work well on smartphones. And I did mention that Xenoblade and BOTW wouldn't work, but they don't have enough of these games to make thir console worth the price.

Zelda, kirby, yoshi or 2d Mario wouldn't work unless they were dumbed down to work on touch screens. Only fire emblem, pokemon and animal crossing could successfully get ported over and be unscathed but even then they would be stripped down and made free to play or have limited content because $30 or $40 3ds or vita level games don't do well on mobile devices expect everything to be free or less than $2 

Well Nintendo has said they have considered making their own physical controller for smart devices. But I'd say to Sony/MS fans -- be careful what you wish for because if Nintendo releases a physical controller for smart devices that takes off and they make a lot of money selling Mario Kart/Zelda/Mario there ... every 3rd party developer is going to want in on that gravy train too, and we could witness a large migration away from traditional consoles for real and there would be severe consequences for Sony/MS. 

But I think we're a ways off before Nintendo says goodnight to hardware.

NX still has to come and go and that will likely be another few years before they are pushed into a decision.

Even after that they would still have options. They could make an alliance with one of Sony or MS, or spurn them both and get Apple or Google or Samsung to back other dedicated Nintendo hardware.

There's lots of shades of grey here, unlike Sega.

I would be against this.. :/

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
...and the portbegging continues.

These are the moments I wish I could upvote comments on here.

I think Splatoon would go nice on mobile with turf wars based in the real world.

kitler53 said:
like it. don't like it.

nintendo will see the money from pokemon go and you'll see a noticeable shift in priorities.

I agree with this, at the end of the day they are a business.

think-man said:
I think Splatoon would go nice on mobile with turf wars based in the real world.

That makes absolutely zero sense.

Not sure about mobile only - but 3rd party works for me.