By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo should go full mobile

Do you agree?

No 91 85.85%

Yes 15 14.15%

Total:106
Roderic_Blackwood said:
GOWTLOZ said:

It wouldn't work. Sony and Microsoft games are much better suited to consoles, while I think many Nintendo games are as well suited to smartphones as they are to consoles.

Funny thing Sony and Microsoft makes smartphones, Nintendo doesn't and there are plenty of franchises Sony and Microsoft could put on mobile devices. And anyway like somebody else said, if you want to play a Nintendo game go and buy their hardware, the 2DS is way cheaper than a good smartphone.

That has nothing to do with this. Sony IP's like Sly Cooper and Jak and Daxter would work, but most of their big IP's like God of War, Uncharted, Gran Turismo, Killzone and Infamous would not work and neither will Microsoft IP's like Halo, Gears of War and Forza Motosport. But most of Nintendo's big IP's like Pokemon, 2D Zelda, NSMB, Yoshi, Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing and Kirby would work well on smartphone.

While 2DS is way cheaper than smartphones its also way weaker and the games are way more expensive than I'm willing to buy them for.

collint0101 said:
GOWTLOZ said:

It wouldn't work. Sony and Microsoft games are much better suited to consoles, while I think many Nintendo games are as well suited to smartphones as they are to consoles.

It's clear that you haven't played many Nintendo games. Outside of a few turn based rpgs and stuff like animal crossing most flat out wouldn't work. IPs would have to be dumbed down or given a mobile centric spin like pokemon go to work and that's not something I want to see from Zelda, metroid, xenoblade splatoon and all the rest 

Animal Crossing, Kirby, Fire Emblem, Yoshi, 2D Zelda, Pokemon and NSMB would work well on smartphones. And I did mention that Xenoblade and BOTW wouldn't work, but they don't have enough of these games to make thir console worth the price.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
Mbolibombo said:
The concept of expanding, why dont people understand it?

Because Nintendo isn't one of those companies that can expand in such a way, especially to such a shitty gaming medium like mobile devices.

Not sure how to respond to this, because sarcasm isnt always detectable on the internetz.

GOWTLOZ said:

I don't really think most Nintendo games are worth their price tag, but I'd gladly play their games on a smartphone I already own and if they are free or relatively cheap. And most people around me agree with that sentiment, and I think with this game Nintendo might realise this.

There's your problem, the classic "I don't want to pay full price for full price games" argument with a little bit of closed circle discussion somehow translating to mass market tendencies. 

If Nintendo went full mobile you wouldn't get Nintendo quality experiences. You'd get stuff that sells, which is stuff like Pokemon Go, a game that is great for what it is, as an addition to the lineup. Now just imagine the reaction to Go if this were the official 7th Generation Pokemon. You'd have the core market boycotting it while the new audiences eat it up for the grand price of free. Nintendo made more on launch day with XY than they did thus far on direct Go revenue.

One last hypothetical: If this were any other company, would you be saying this? Would you be asking for Sony to go full mobile with the PS brand so you can get $60 Uncharted for $3 on your phone? If so, that brings up bigger questions about your perception of value/cost ratios; if not, why is it only wih Nintendo that you've got a stigma against paying full price for full price games?

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

GOWTLOZ said:
Roderic_Blackwood said:

Funny thing Sony and Microsoft makes smartphones, Nintendo doesn't and there are plenty of franchises Sony and Microsoft could put on mobile devices. And anyway like somebody else said, if you want to play a Nintendo game go and buy their hardware, the 2DS is way cheaper than a good smartphone.

That has nothing to do with this. Sony IP's like Sly Cooper and Jak and Daxter would work, but most of their big IP's like God of War, Uncharted, Gran Turismo, Killzone and Infamous would not work and neither will Microsoft IP's like Halo, Gears of War and Forza Motosport. But most of Nintendo's big IP's like Pokemon, 2D Zelda, NSMB, Yoshi, Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing and Kirby would work well on smartphone.

While 2DS is way cheaper than smartphones its also way weaker and the games are way more expensive than I'm willing to buy them for.

collint0101 said:

It's clear that you haven't played many Nintendo games. Outside of a few turn based rpgs and stuff like animal crossing most flat out wouldn't work. IPs would have to be dumbed down or given a mobile centric spin like pokemon go to work and that's not something I want to see from Zelda, metroid, xenoblade splatoon and all the rest 

Animal Crossing, Kirby, Fire Emblem, Yoshi, 2D Zelda, Pokemon and NSMB would work well on smartphones. And I did mention that Xenoblade and BOTW wouldn't work, but they don't have enough of these games to make thir console worth the price.

No they won´t, you clearly havent played a Nintendo game on ages, most of those games completley need a gamepad, good controls is one of the best things about Nintendo you would totally kill it that way and you are completley forgotten this are free apps with microtransaction, sorry, I dont want all my kirby, mario, yoshi, zelda, metroid etc to be little simplistic free apps where you have to wait or paid for playing more, free to play model does not fit for those games at all and the popularity of the franchises would slowly die that way.

I'll let you recieve the answer at the end of this video, listen carefully to what pedo-grandpa and his grandson have to say

but seriously I don't really like the console wars but I'll take them any day if it means not going mobile...

Around the Network
DivinePaladin said:
GOWTLOZ said:

I don't really think most Nintendo games are worth their price tag, but I'd gladly play their games on a smartphone I already own and if they are free or relatively cheap. And most people around me agree with that sentiment, and I think with this game Nintendo might realise this.

There's your problem, the classic "I don't want to pay full price for full price games" argument with a little bit of closed circle discussion somehow translating to mass market tendencies. 

If Nintendo went full mobile you wouldn't get Nintendo quality experiences. You'd get stuff that sells, which is stuff like Pokemon Go, a game that is great for what it is, as an addition to the lineup. Now just imagine the reaction to Go if this were the official 7th Generation Pokemon. You'd have the core market boycotting it while the new audiences eat it up for the grand price of free. Nintendo made more on launch day with XY than they did thus far on direct Go revenue.

One last hypothetical: If this were any other company, would you be saying this? Would you be asking for Sony to go full mobile with the PS brand so you can get $60 Uncharted for $3 on your phone? If so, that brings up bigger questions about your perception of value/cost ratios; if not, why is it only wih Nintendo that you've got a stigma against paying full price for full price games?

Pokemon is well suited to smartphones and I've played full Pokemon games on smartphones through emulators and enjoyed them.

Uncharted isn't suited for smartphone and its budget demands full price. God of War isn't suited to smartphones either, and its budget and quality demand full price. Halo and Gears of War also do. I don't feel the same way about platformers which are the majority of Nintendo games. As i said in the thread I'll consider buying their consoles if they have more games like Bayonetta 2.

I agree that Pokemon Go isn't as good as the handheld games, but that's due to its design and not due to the hardware. They could have made a proper Pokemon game for smartphones.

Pokemon Go might be popular, but it has a dumbed-down battle system and micro transactions.

I am a Nintendo loyalist I stayed with Nintendo after every one else turned there back on the Wii. Mobile gaming may compliment Nintendo's IPs, but the IPs should never become dependent upon mobile games.

Games I have Finished

http://pastebin.com/eMdjSjFc

I think we should wait for more mobile games from them before making claims like this on just 2 games, Pokemon Go and Miitomo. Anyone still remember that game?

Also, what the heck is up with that "reputation of not supporting its consoles well"? Ninten supported both the Wii U and 3DS well. Heck, they still are. Support is dropping for the Wii U because it failed despite all their efforts, so of course they're going to switch to a new device. Would you rather they continue drowning with it?

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

CaptainExplosion said:
Mbolibombo said:

Not sure how to respond to this, because sarcasm isnt always detectable on the internetz.

Not with the way you do it it isn't.

ZzzZZZzzzzz

I'm fine with the way Nintendo is handling mobile games right now (where they're meant to compliment their handheld and home console games), but not going full mobile. There would be some games that work well on their systems wouldn't work as well on mobile devices.