By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo should go full mobile

Do you agree?

No 91 85.85%

Yes 15 14.15%

Total:106

This is just my opinion but I think they should. Pokemon Go is not even released in my country yet, but everyone's playing it already. It is insanely popular, and so will Mario, Zelda and Splatoon be if they have smartphone games. Not to the same extent, but they will be cheap and very popular and make a lot of money.

I don't really think most Nintendo games are worth their price tag, but I'd gladly play their games on a smartphone I already own and if they are free or relatively cheap. And most people around me agree with that sentiment, and I think with this game Nintendo might realise this.

Nintendo has built a reputation of not supporting its consoles well, the Wii didn't get many of the big third party games or a huge variety of first party games, dominated by platformers which is still true for Wii U, but it has even less third party games. Also they stop supporting their consoles very early and have weak hardware. Even if NX has a great launch lineup I don't see myself considering buying it for a few years to see if Nintendo supports it or not.

But on a smartphone I own, it would be great and I think Nintendo game are more about the social aspect which is best on smartphones because everyone has them.

I still think its great to have games like Bayonetta 2, XCX and BOTW and Nintendo needs to have more such games if they are to bring the huge crowds of gamers on other platforms to their system and if they do then I'd gladly buy a Nintendo console.

Around the Network

You can't honestly expect Nintendo to continue making deep games with a tiny file size and limited controls. If they go full mobile, you'd lose the Nintendo most of us enjoy.

MohammadBadir said:
You can't honestly expect Nintendo to continue making deep games with a tiny file size and limited controls. If they go full mobile, you'd lose the Nintendo most of us enjoy.

Isn't Splatoon 3GB? Mobile games can be of that size. And many of Nintendo games translate very well to a touchscreen.

GOWTLOZ said:
MohammadBadir said:

Isn't Splatoon 3GB? Mobile games can be of that size. And many of Nintendo games translate very well to a touchscreen.

Still rather large for a mobile game, and most of Nintendo's other games are bigger and/or wouldn't control well with just a touch screen. How do you think Zelda would work on a phone, for example, without regressing to GBA visuals and gameplay as opposed to Skyward Sword/BoTW? How do you expect the controls to be?

Um, no? There are multitudes of experiences that Nintendo provides on their hardware that just wouldn't translate well to a mobile phone. Keeping those experiences on dedicated hardware while making content to take advantage of the strengths of mobile is a much better strategy for them.

Around the Network

Please no, mobile gaming sucks. I want to use a real controller to play my Nintendo games. Also, if they ever go full mobile, their games will just get worse in quality.

This is getting tiring..... Really, if you just want to play a Nintendo game, buy a Nintendo console.It wont get simpler than that.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

I disagree but it's certainly not a medium Nintendo should neglect.

No, that would be a really stupid idea.

Almost all Nintendo fans will disagree with you. People that never buy Nintendo systems will agree with you except the full mobile part.  They would want Nintendo games on Microsoft and Sony systems.