By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo having all their games available everywhere a better business than restricting them to a console?

Could Nintendo make more money by having their software everywhere?

Yes 171 42.86%

No 188 47.12%

I have no idea. 40 10.03%

Total:399
zorg1000 said:
Aeolus451 said:

it's not that complicated. Nintendo would have to adapt to the fanbases of the playstation, xbox and pc if it wanted their games to sell.  Focus on their mainline games (instead of so many spin offs and kid game shovelware) and create new IPs that better fit the other bases. 

Im sorry but thats very dumb, Nintendo is a company based around making family friendly products, saying that they should have a lesser focus on games that are kid & family friendly is like saying Disney should make Disney Channel appeal more to adults and the next Avengers/Star Wars movies should be rated R.

By saying that Nintendo should focus less on kids/families and more on "hardcore" adults is basically saying that Nintendo should cease to be Nintendo and who does that benefit? Nintendo fans lose out because Nintendo stops making many of the franchises that they love and Nintendo would then have to compete head on with all the companies that make shooter/sports/action games and then what is left for kids/families on dedicated gaming devices?

Now which games listed in my last post are "shovelware"?

Read my post word for word and not what you think I'm saying. Did I ever say "hardcore"? Did I ever say any of the games you listed were shovelware?

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
oniyide said:

the other consoles generally sell much better, should be obvious. You wouldnt tell someone winnng a race to drop out.

Do Sony/Microsoft generally sell much more hardware?

PS2+XB+PSP+360+PS3+Vita+XBO+PS4=510~ million

GBA+GC+DS+Wii+3DS+Wii U=430~ million

Nintendo has sold a comparable amount of hardware to Sony & Microsoft combined since all 3 have been in the game.

And dont say, "but thats only if you include handhelds" because this discussion is about Nintendo going 3rd party and you cant exclude a major part of their hardware sales when discussing them getting out of the hardware business.

Since Sony came on the scene they have been selling a lot more home consoles than Ninty has at teh same time. hell Wii is only 10mil ahead of PS3

As for your handheld argument. You are preaching to the choir cause I never said that they did go 3rd party. Now what i did propose is keep making handhelds cause those are actually selling for them and maybe stop making home consoles. Or combine the two.

Soundwave said:
Miyamotoo said:

We don't know anything for fact while we dont see NX. But Nintendo is multi billion company with long history that always works with profitability, of course they will hard much harder to have much more appealing product after their worst selling product ever. It's not about faith its about clear sense. For isnstance we know it will have good launch line up (only Zelda is much stronger than any title Wii U had in whole 1st year), we know they work hard to prevent sotware drouth (all that unifed platform talk), they seveal times said they aiming for afordible price, also they said they Wii U on market and appeling side..

Just adresed Wii U mistakes would make that NX sell much more than WiiU, because Wii U had to many mistakes. But offcourse they will not just adress Wii U mistakes and relase new console.

I don't believe that, I think this is a falacy that fans of a company can fall into because their don't view the general market like the average consumer does. 

The GameCube and Dreamcast for example improved on virtually every mistake made on their predacessors, yet neither was successful. 

You can also see this in other industries, Microsoft releases a Windows Phone that has all/most of the features of an iPhone ... but it's like 4 years after they needed that product. 

Timing has a lot of to do with this market, the average consumer doesn't care about the Nintendo brand any more than they care about the ketchup brand, all they know is that the Playstation and XBox is offering them exactly what they want and when they wanted it. It's a "you snooze, you lose" world. 

To counter that Nintendo needs to offer something dramatically different IMO. I hate to say it but they're probably going nowhere with a conventional console. NX needs to bring something legitimately different to the table. Sony/MS have already monopolized basically the market for a traditional console and what that means today (lots of dudebros shooters and sports games). 

Both gamecube and dreamcast were successful but dreamcast was sold at a loss and sega couldn't take it. gamecube profited a lot like usual but the ps2 had exclusivity on virtually all important 3rd party games, it was unfair competition.

"Timing has a lot of to do with this market, the average consumer doesn't care about the Nintendo brand any more than they care about the ketchup brand, all they know is that the Playstation and XBox is offering them exactly what they want and when they wanted it. It's a "you snooze, you lose" world. 

To counter that Nintendo needs to offer something dramatically different IMO. I hate to say it but they're probably going nowhere with a conventional console. NX needs to bring something legitimately different to the table. Sony/MS have already monopolized basically the market for a traditional console and what that means today (lots of dudebros shooters and sports games)."

Keep living in denial, retardedwave.

Aeolus451 said:
zorg1000 said:

Im sorry but thats very dumb, Nintendo is a company based around making family friendly products, saying that they should have a lesser focus on games that are kid & family friendly is like saying Disney should make Disney Channel appeal more to adults and the next Avengers/Star Wars movies should be rated R.

By saying that Nintendo should focus less on kids/families and more on "hardcore" adults is basically saying that Nintendo should cease to be Nintendo and who does that benefit? Nintendo fans lose out because Nintendo stops making many of the franchises that they love and Nintendo would then have to compete head on with all the companies that make shooter/sports/action games and then what is left for kids/families on dedicated gaming devices?

Now which games listed in my last post are "shovelware"?

Read my post word for word and not what you think I'm saying. Did I ever say "hardcore"? Did I ever say any of the games you listed were shovelware?

I read your post and my response is completely relevant to it, you did not use the word hardcore but saying that Nintendo should emphasize less on kids games and a greater emphasis on games for adults and the PS/XB audience is essentially the same thing.

If the games i listed arent what you were referring to as shovelware than what Nintendo games are you talking about?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

oniyide said:
zorg1000 said:

Do Sony/Microsoft generally sell much more hardware?

PS2+XB+PSP+360+PS3+Vita+XBO+PS4=510~ million

GBA+GC+DS+Wii+3DS+Wii U=430~ million

Nintendo has sold a comparable amount of hardware to Sony & Microsoft combined since all 3 have been in the game.

And dont say, "but thats only if you include handhelds" because this discussion is about Nintendo going 3rd party and you cant exclude a major part of their hardware sales when discussing them getting out of the hardware business.

Since Sony came on the scene they have been selling a lot more home consoles than Ninty has at teh same time. hell Wii is only 10mil ahead of PS3

As for your handheld argument. You are preaching to the choir cause I never said that they did go 3rd party. Now what i did propose is keep making handhelds cause those are actually selling for them and maybe stop making home consoles. Or combine the two.

Im confused where you are going with this.

The person you quoted asked why people dont talk about Sony/Microsoft dropping out of the hardware business. Your response was that they typically sell more hardware and you wouldnt ask the leader to drop out. I showed you that Nintendo sells just as well as Sony/Microsoft which makes your previous statement inaccurate.

Your most recent post really isnt relevant to what I or the other person you quoted have said.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.