By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - In your honest opinion how long do you think Pokemon GO will last

Hynad said:
Too long already.

I swear people are going full retard over this game, everywhere. It's just crazy. It fills like 25% of my social media feed.

Really annoying when you have never, and will never care about Pokémons.

Someone must've had a horrible childhood.

User was warned for this post ~ CGI

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Around the Network

Simple: As long as they keep adding 1 new gen every 6-12 months, they'll last a few years. Pokemon's strength is in the monsters, without them, the phones will stay in pockets.

Depends how long it's updated and supported. I can see it lasting anywhere from 4 months to 2 years depending on how well it's handled.

So...I have no idea.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

I'll guess the hypness will last 4 months.

It all depends on how its handled. Personally I think the sky is the limit if they have the right team giving it regular updates & improvements. I love it. Only potential downside aside from bad management I can see is the inevitable thousands of lawsuits that'll arise from it..

Around the Network

I think the game's popularity will rise and fall as updates are applied. It's a pretty casual experience overall of course seeing how it's free to play.

3 months.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

It will probably still be huge until mid next year then it will probably be popular but not be getting the attention it is now.

I can certainly see people busting it out when they're out with friends or out and about in general so I think that will result in regular play for many people.

Mar1217 said:
I'll say 2 months, then it'll go down in the charts. Will become irrevelant around holiday I guess.

I really can't see it being irrelevant during the holidays because of Sun and Moon.