By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - In your honest opinion how long do you think Pokemon GO will last

The hype will last a few weeks at most until the end of the summer, however it will not somply die out. The reason being you can do it passively. Stuck at the mall with wife or girlfriend? Catch some pokemon. At boring family reunion? Eating lunch at place.that happens to be a.Pokestop? What will die out is the hundreds of people going on all day expeditions.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Around the Network

Way too soon to tell.  It will be down to how Nintendo, Pokemon, and Niantic handle the updates and transactions.  They need to add more direct player to player interaction.  Trading is a good start, battling is the next step.  Enhancing Gym and Stop functions are good.  And of course, the big one is more pokemon.  Adding future gens could really make for great surges in activity.  But it's all about how fast and consistently they act. 

depends on further content

3 point 5 years, 9 days, 17 hours and 50 seconds

Depends if they add more generations, but 6 months is probably my guess

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network
Turkish said:
3 point 5 years, 9 days, 17 hours and 50 seconds

Way off.

I'm thinking 3 point 5 years, 9 days, 16 hours and 50 seconds

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Kirin_gaming said:

In light of Patcher's prediction that the game will last only 4 months due to laziness.I thought it would be a good idea to ask the VGC community how long do they think Pokemon GO will last.Now, I am not asking for crazy and baseless predictions.What I'm looking for are predictions created using facts and educated guesses.

[...]

You already answered yourself: as long as Teh Analyst God allows it to last.   

Or maybe until all its players are killed by thugs, or, in USA, by the police too.   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

It depends on a few things really. How often will new pokemon be added? When will we get the patch for trading and battling other players outside of the gym? Will there be group battles? What events will be held in game and how often?

If all of these arive in a timely manner, GO will last too long for an acurate prediction being F2P. However if they fail to add features and hold events often enough, it will fade sooner rather than later. Only time can tell for now.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Evergreen.

We all live in a Pokemon world.

As it gets colder outside, it will begin to slow greatly. Can't quite hunt for pokemon when there's 3 feet of snow on the ground.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"