By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Biggest issue with Nintendo for you

bigtakilla said:
curl-6 said:

I suppose 8-player Smash does qualify to a degree, but I was thinking more of entire games that felt like they were beyond anything we saw from Nintendo last gen. As awesome as games like Tropical Freeze, 3D World, or Mario Kart 8 were, they felt like they could've been done on Wii if you toned down the graphics.

Well I can agree somewhat. I think the Wii U online capabilities are vastly superior too, which helped a lot when trying to get into matches. But that's hardware and not software improvements. I don't know, it just seemed like an all around FAR better experience for me this gen to play Smash.

Yeah, I don't play Smash myself, but I have heard a lot of people found Brawl's online troublesome, and that Smash U is much smoother by comparison.

Around the Network

No F-Zero games since 2004.

danielrdp said:
kitler53 said:

no.  that's what happens when i judge them on the disappointment i felt from wii game after wii game after wii game that wasn't fun to play.  wiiU is the only nintendo console i don't own so don't act like i've never played a nintendo game.  it was playing nintendo games that caused me to have this judgement.

and my judgement is directly correlated to when nintendo started making statements concerning the high cost of game development development and how they are going to keep their development costs low.  so their development cost may be low but their games also feel low quality now, not worth the cost of entry anymore to me.

Nintendo is right in trying to streamline the development of their games. You couldn't possiblly say that games like Mario kart 8, Smash or Zelda BoW are low quality games

start fox zero.  mario tennis ultra smash.  animal crossing amibo festivel.  devils third. metroid federation force.

but i digress,.. 1 good game a year does not make for a viable console.

and don't bring up Zelda BoW.  delaying it to launch on the NX is not something that endears me to want to buy a nintendo console.  while i get the financials of it as a consumer it is still a BS move to starve the wiiU of any games so they can look like they have a lot of games for 1 year of the NX's lifespan.

kitler53 said:
danielrdp said:

Nintendo is right in trying to streamline the development of their games. You couldn't possiblly say that games like Mario kart 8, Smash or Zelda BoW are low quality games

start fox zero.  mario tennis ultra smash.  animal crossing amibo festivel.  devils third. metroid federation force.

and don't bring up Zelda BoW.  delaying it to launch on the NX is not something that endears me to want to buy a nintendo console.  while i get the financials of it as a consumer it is still a BS move to starve the wiiU of any games so they can look like they have a lot of games for 1 year of the NX's lifespan.

Even that is not guaranteed. They starved the Wii for a year and a half because of Wii U game production and we all know how well that panned out.

Signature goes here!

My problem with Nintendo is pricing. Nothing ever seems to get cheaper, no matter how long you wait. The way Nintendo prices things is the only reason I still haven't owned a single thing from Nintendo. I'm really interested in the stuff they do, but I'm not even remotely ready to pay the prices they ask. They're just ridiculous. I don't mind waiting to get things for a lower price, but if even waiting doesn't help, I'd rather stay away than pay.

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
danielrdp said:

- Tropical Freeze
- Mario Kart 8
- Bayonetta 2
- Mario3Dworld
- Captain Toad
- Pikmin 3
- City Undercover
- Splatoon
- Mario Maker
- Tokyo Mirage Sessions#FE
- Pokken
- Wonderfull 101
- Yoshi's Woolly World
- Smash Bros 4
- Xenoblade Chronicles X
- Breath of the Wild

That's certainly more than one good game at year, and way more than the "bad" ones (SF0 is not that bad at all)

And don't make me start with 3DS...

Failure to capitalize on the potential of all their IP's. Now this could be applied to most any game company but none more so than Nintendo. So many game series have cookie-cutter syndrome it's hair tearing.

2D and 3D Mario(with the exception of Mario Maker), Yoshi games, Mario Party, Mario & Sonic(it's SEGA developed but just take it from them), Metroid since Prime 3 and Fire Emblem(Fire Emblem: Outrealm Warriors anyone?) to name the ones off my head.

They have a few projects that are smart: Hyrule Warriors is great for Zelda, Kirby is always doing something new and Captain Toad was a fun little idea. But so many series have such good premises that Nintendo just squanders every time they make a new entry - namely the robbery of any identity that Mario Party ever had.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

HylianYoshi said:
spemanig said:
Many of the games feel cheaply made, regardless of polish.                                     

This. Nintendo is losing their grip on their first party games, which is the one thing they have going for them.

As well, I'd also like to point out that Nintendo doesn't want to give fans what they want. Instead opting to hold their perfectly worthy IP hostage and forcing out games that are in a state that fans don't want. Mario Party, Paper Mario, Star Fox, and Metroid all come to mind.

^ that.

Nintendo loves to seemingly ignore fans, and go "we know best, this is what you want, like it".

Instead of listening to fans.

Case in point:

No F-Zero, No Metroid (federation force? rly?),No Animal Crossing (but a party game), No paper mario (but a sticker star clone), No 3D mario Collectathon, No Zelda (for almost intire lifetime of console's cycle), No console pokemon game.... list goes on and on.

*edit: forgot to mention the mess they made with Starfox (people wanted a standard normal starfox with modern graphics... got motion controll instead)

They have a very differnt mentality than Sony, who seemingly try to listen to fans and give them what they ask for.

Intentionally making bad games.

aside from still relying heavily on mario and zelda, if you buy the studio behind xenosaga 1-3 and them let them develop xenoblade and xenoblade cr, you are clearly showing me that you don't take gaming as a serious form of entertainment for adults.