By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Biggest issue with Nintendo for you

LMU Uncle Alfred said:
Goodnightmoon said:
Metroid Prime 4, because it doesn't exists yet and it should.

This and every other Metroid related thing.  It's easily Nintendo's third best franchise (although in my opinion their best) and they neglect the hell out of it.

Well to be fair they supported the hell out of Metroid from 2002-2010.

2002-Metroid Prime, Metroid Fusion

2004-Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, Metroid: Zero Mission

2005-Metroid Prime Pinball

2006-Metroid Prime Hunters

2007-Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

2009-Metroid Prime Trilogy

2010-Metroid: Other M

They gave the series strong support on GC/GBA/Wii/DS and with the exception of the first Prime, none of them passed the 2 million mark and some of them even failed to hit 1 million.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

My main issue with them has mostly been their effort with the 8th gen. They're releases some really poor games as of late. It may be because they have to stream enough games to cover their base, but it is still no excuse for their less and stellar work, and it makes me sad to see them in this state. I hope the NX does better for them and allows them to spend more time to make better polished games.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

hershel_layton said:
collint0101 said:
NOA. Reggie and the treehouse piss me off

If you don't like Reggie, then you must be a cruel human being.

Going completely off of the person's and character he's built up in marketing and in press events he's fine but I don't like the decisions he makes

Secrecy. Nintendo act like they are making something so grand that it will be copied. Its not that serious especially when the other two are doing better by leaps and bounds. Hell Ninty should do some copying.
HW. handhelds are fine. home consoles. IMHO they really have made a good home console (HW wise) since SNES.
Online. THey are just far behind its weird.

oniyide said:
Secrecy. Nintendo act like they are making something so grand that it will be copied. Its not that serious especially when the other two are doing better by leaps and bounds. Hell Ninty should do some copying.
HW. handhelds are fine. home consoles. IMHO they really have made a good home console (HW wise) since SNES.

Well, that is what happened when Ninten made the Wii. MS and Sony later gave their own answer with PS Move and Kinect, so can you really blame them?

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
Cloudman said:
oniyide said:

Well, that is what happened when Ninten made the Wii. MS and Sony later gave their own answer with PS Move and Kinect, so can you really blame them?

yup. Ninty didnt invent motion controls. SOny was already doing it with eyetoy and PS2 and PS3 DS3 has motion controls in it, day one. No one copied anyone. Except maybe Move but so what? MS Kinect is an updated version of eyetoy not Wiimote. So one will always give there own answer. And that was years ago. What has Ninty done lately? They were always secretive even before that. Sony and MS will talk about any game that they got coming out no matter when its ready. If Zelda was made by anyone else we would have seen at least 3 trailers by now. Now whether thats a good thing or bad thing is opinion but considering Ninty has to launch a whole new console mid gen, im gonna say its a bad thing

oniyide said:
Cloudman said:

yup. Ninty didnt invent motion controls. SOny was already doing it with eyetoy and PS2 and PS3 DS3 has motion controls in it, day one. No one copied anyone. Except maybe Move but so what? MS Kinect is an updated version of eyetoy not Wiimote. So one will always give there own answer. And that was years ago. What has Ninty done lately? They were always secretive even before that. Sony and MS will talk about any game that they got coming out no matter when its ready. If Zelda was made by anyone else we would have seen at least 3 trailers by now. Now whether thats a good thing or bad thing is opinion but considering Ninty has to launch a whole new console mid gen, im gonna say its a bad thing

Well, I didn't say Ninten invented motion controls. That's just the idea they went with, which turned out to be a big success, so much so that it seemed like Sony and MS were jumping with the current trend get a piece of that success. Plus, I've heard Sony put motion controls into their controller after the attention the Wii was getting, which rendered one of their launch games unplayabe. I don't recall which game it was, or if it's true. Just something I heard. That begs the question though, if the Wii U was successful, what would have happened then? Perhaps Sony and MS would make tablet controllers for their system as well. But that never happened, so we'll never know the answer to that 'what if'.

As for Nintendo's secrecy for things like games, I guess they prefer to announce info when games are close to release, that way people don't have to wait too long to play them. We've seen what has happened with Zelda being announced too soon, and that hasn't gone so well. Perhaps they do make good calls holding off announcements until their are close to being ready.

Dance my pretties!

zorg1000 said:
LMU Uncle Alfred said:

This and every other Metroid related thing.  It's easily Nintendo's third best franchise (although in my opinion their best) and they neglect the hell out of it.

2005-Metroid Prime Pinball Yay, pinball

2006-Metroid Prime Hunters Eh, it was ok..

2009-Metroid Prime Trilogy  Excellent Trilogy collection, but the games already came out.  MP1 and 2 getting motion controls doesn't make this a new entry or anything.

2010-Metroid: Other M I like this game personally, but the general Metroid fandom has it out for this game, so it's a difficult one to pass off as a success or a true to the core Metroid game. There hasn't been another Metroid game in 6 years after this game so I wonder how Nintendo thought of it.

They gave the series strong support on GC/GBA/Wii/DS and with the exception of the first Prime, none of them passed the 2 million mark and some of them even failed to hit 1 million.

Looking for the level of quality of a Metroid game that the series has from 1994 to 2004.

Lube Me Up

LMU Uncle Alfred said:
zorg1000 said:

2005-Metroid Prime Pinball Yay, pinball

2006-Metroid Prime Hunters Eh, it was ok..

2009-Metroid Prime Trilogy  Excellent Trilogy collection, but the games already came out.  MP1 and 2 getting motion controls doesn't make this a new entry or anything.

2010-Metroid: Other M I like this game personally, but the general Metroid fandom has it out for this game, so it's a difficult one to pass off as a success or a true to the core Metroid game. There hasn't been another Metroid game in 6 years after this game so I wonder how Nintendo thought of it.

Looking for the level of quality of a Metroid game that the series has from 1994 to 2004.

The new metrold games try too hard. I think why people dislike the recent titles is due to the fact that they went off course and tried too hard to be different

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Nintendo stripped the heart and soul out of Paper Mario.

I'll never forgive them for ruining my favorite Nintendo series. Thousand Year Door is one of my all-time favorite games.