By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Biggest issue with Nintendo for you

HylianYoshi said:
spemanig said:
Many of the games feel cheaply made, regardless of polish.                                     

This. Nintendo is losing their grip on their first party games, which is the one thing they have going for them.

As well, I'd also like to point out that Nintendo doesn't want to give fans what they want. Instead opting to hold their perfectly worthy IP hostage and forcing out games that are in a state that fans don't want. Mario Party, Paper Mario, Star Fox, and Metroid all come to mind.

losing their touch?

I am a huge Nintendo fan and I have to disagree. There is nothing on market close to the polish of Mario Kart 8, Super Mario Maker, Super Smash Bros for someone like me.

I am disappointed with the recent Mario Parties and the Metroid "Federation Force' looks to be a bit of a joke, but the polish has been extremely consistent. 

they just haven't released a mainlain regular Metroid, F-Zero, Zelda, or Star Fox (I don't count the recent one, its a remake) in quite a while. I think they have not been putting out as many games as they should and have largely ignored some of their larger IPs. No Pokemon home console game in the vain of Pokemon Stadium for example is shocking considering fans would love something like that again.

The polish has remained though. Its just they aren't releasing enough. Nintendo has loved to remain an incredibly small company in terms of number of employees, they need to let that go and acquire or create a bunch more software teams to push more games. 

even something like another 3D Donkey Kong would be fun (even if the N64 one wasn't that fantastic). Hell, someone like me would LOVE another Diddy Kong Racing.

but they are still releasing plenty of awesome reemerging things. The Kid Icarus game for the 3DS is sick and Splatoon is quite fun, despite its strange squid thing

Nintendo also didn't release a full fledged stand alone 3D Mario for the Wii U (Imo). Its more a lack of content that's the issue from this Nintendo fans perspective. That said, the 3DS has been pretty good overall in my mind

Around the Network
Dante9 said:
The games themselves. Platformers, bright colors and light-hearted stuff is not for me. Never have been.

Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, Fire Emblem, Xenoblade? Nintendo does have a number of franchises that are fairly serious

oniyide said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Not really, the sixaxis was terrible for throwing grenades in Uncharted or balancing across beams in Mirror's Edge. While not 1:1 accurate, the original Wii remote worked as intended in Wii Sports, Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart for motion controls plus the IR pointer controls were awesome from the get-go.

Mario Galaxy didnt really use motion, it was mostly pointer and flick of the wrist. really basic stuff. Wii Sports? the boxing section would have a word with you. Maril Kart controls sucked. Any dancing game controls sucked. Star Wars Force Unleashed controls sucked. Red Steel controls sucked. Pretty much anything that wasnt pointing sucked. Bully was good though.

no offense but you're being a little nit picky, pointing and moving the remote is a form of 'motion' controls whether or not you want to accept that.  Its a stick you swing to emulate motion, its not that complicated or meant to be something huge