By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Biggest issue with Nintendo for you

No company is perfect. From Nintendo to Sega, every gaming company is known for their flaws.

As for you, what do you think Nintendo's biggest issue I?

For me, it's how they manage games.

A) I find it quite irritating how the prices of games rarely change. Pokemon black and white should not still be 40 dollars at a game store. Absolutely no reason to do so. Either a game decreases or stays the same price. There isn't really a pattern for how prices change. 

B) Not only that, but they rarely have good games on sale for the eshop. Besides the recent e3 sale(which was the worst time for me to lose my 3ds), they usually just take $5 shovel ware and put it half off. Perhaps if actual titles like Fire Emblem, pokemon, mario, etc were given good deals, they'd generate more sales?

C) Old games from the Gameboy to Gameboy advanced can easily generate sales in two ways. Nintendo can make a netflix like app where you play all games for 10-20 bucks a month, or just release all the games for free/99 cents and add some DLC aspects to it(think of Pokemon shuffle). Currently, im sure nintendo doesn't make too much money charging 5+ bucks for each individual game.

D) Digital games never correspond with typical prices in retail. I know a lot of people will tell me that Sony and Microsoft do this as well, but it's still an issue for Nintendo regardless. Digital games aren't worth as much as physical, that's obvious. I really want to go digital for my 3ds, but the digital pricing is simply...strange. the professor Layton games are still full price on the eshop, while they're around 20 bucks in a local best buy or gamestop. I don't know how companies(like nintendo) could deal with this 'issue', but I'm sure many others want to go digital.

Of course, these are my thoughts. Not really here to debate them(as I'm sure someone can debunk every thing I said and call me an idiot). I'd like to see everyone else's biggest issue with nintendo.

Note: this isn't a thread to hate on Nintendo. I love nintendo, but even i can realize that they commit mistakes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Around the Network

Many of the games feel cheaply made, regardless of polish.

Not enough communication with fans. When there seems to be a trend of good or bad news for something they did and the fans want more clarification, they don't seem to be around to clarify certain things.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Delays and the small number of games they release in a year.

Signature goes here!

Metroid Prime 4, because it doesn't exists yet and it should.

Around the Network

Having to buy generally subpar hardware to play their games. The 3ds is fine because it gets tons of software including third party support. The WiiU was far from fine, it's hard to justify my purchase of the console.

1.- Third party developers dont make games for Nintendo anymore
2.- Nintendo's own games are no longer as good as third party developers's are.
3.- Nintendo's own games are no longer as good as nintendo's own games used to be.
4.- No main-series Pokemon game for console.
5.- "Motion controls" do more harm than good.

spemanig said:
Many of the games feel cheaply made, regardless of polish.                                     

This. Nintendo is losing their grip on their first party games, which is the one thing they have going for them.

As well, I'd also like to point out that Nintendo doesn't want to give fans what they want. Instead opting to hold their perfectly worthy IP hostage and forcing out games that are in a state that fans don't want. Mario Party, Paper Mario, Star Fox, and Metroid all come to mind.

bet: lost

Not nearly as ambitious as they should be.

Their biggest issue currently is their being spread thin between multiple platforms. They need to focus on the NX once that comes out and software droughts should be alleviated greatly.