By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Biggest issue with Nintendo for you

HylianYoshi said:
spemanig said:
Many of the games feel cheaply made, regardless of polish.                                     

This. Nintendo is losing their grip on their first party games, which is the one thing they have going for them.

As well, I'd also like to point out that Nintendo doesn't want to give fans what they want. Instead opting to hold their perfectly worthy IP hostage and forcing out games that are in a state that fans don't want. Mario Party, Paper Mario, Star Fox, and Metroid all come to mind.

We all know the lack of polish on Wii U games stems from all their studios focusing on NX titles. Sometimes you have to make hard business decisions and embarass yourself if it helps in the long run.

Reply to thread: My biggest issue is their lack of online prowess. The eShop is elementary compared to PS+/PSN Store. They need to utilize an up to date system.

Around the Network

From a hardware standpoint, Nintendo tries too hard to constantly re-invent the wheel rather than perfect the one they've already made. From a software standpoint, their titles feel too much like a reboot of the previous iteration rather than a continuation.  It's like they value new players way, way, way more than the ones who stick around.

Plain and simple....they're cocky.

Their games got more and more childish over the years, the target audience got younger and younger. They completely miss the adult market, where are games like GTA, Skyrim, Dark Souls, Final Fantasy, Goldeneye, Conker, Resident Evil and Perfect Dark?
Even Mario and Zelda were once much easier to be played by grown up gamers, but nowadays they are targeted directly to an audience of small kindergarten kids. They should release more games that can be played by grown up players as the majority of their former fans is now at an adult age.

spemanig said:
Many of the games feel cheaply made, regardless of polish.

Specific series you have in mind?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Around the Network
Barkley said:
Having to buy generally subpar hardware to play their games. The 3ds is fine because it gets tons of software including third party support. The WiiU was far from fine, it's hard to justify my purchase of the console.

Makes it worse when you realize that the 3ds has FIFA while the wii u doesn't :/

The wii u doesn't even have that many sports games. Nba 2k, which always sells millions, hasn't been on the wii u since it launched(2012)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Region locking

The fact that they've lost their proverbial shit and have been scrambling to set things right for years. They have all the potential in the world, and squandered most of it on poor decisions lately, I have really high hopes for the future though, things like Pokemon Go and similar apps and games should ensure large streams of revenue for them and the talent is still there, they just need to actually use it (and release some damn games).

none :D

hershel_layton said:
Barkley said:
Having to buy generally subpar hardware to play their games. The 3ds is fine because it gets tons of software including third party support. The WiiU was far from fine, it's hard to justify my purchase of the console.

Makes it worse when you realize that the 3ds has FIFA while the wii u doesn't :/

Can't say I'm particurly bothered by that one, but when you look at every platform Fifa 14 was on..... and it didn't make it to WiiU...

Android
iOS
Java ME
Microsoft Windows
Nintendo 3DS
PlayStation 2
PlayStation 3
PlayStation 4
PlayStation Portable
PlayStation Vita
Wii
Windows Phone 8
Xbox 360
Xbox One

I mean it was on Windows Phone for god sake!