By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Biggest issue with Nintendo for you

arcaneguyver said:

Nintendo just doesn't have the edge they used to, and they seem to have learned the wrong lessons from past successes, particularly the Wii. The company also comes across as being run by very old men who barely have a grasp of what the internet is and will never change their ways.

I don't think that the problem is that they're old men, but I do think that there may be some sort of cultural difference between the Japanese society and the West that makes Nintendo look like it's out of touch with recent gaming trends.  

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
kitler53 said:
most of their games look low effort and not fun to play.

That's what happens when you just judge them from the cover.

no.  that's what happens when i judge them on the disappointment i felt from wii game after wii game after wii game that wasn't fun to play.  wiiU is the only nintendo console i don't own so don't act like i've never played a nintendo game.  it was playing nintendo games that caused me to have this judgement.

and my judgement is directly correlated to when nintendo started making statements concerning the high cost of game development development and how they are going to keep their development costs low.  so their development cost may be low but their games also feel low quality now, not worth the cost of entry anymore to me.

kitler53 said:
Goodnightmoon said:

That's what happens when you just judge them from the cover.

no.  that's what happens when i judge them on the disappointment i felt from wii game after wii game after wii game that wasn't fun to play.  wiiU is the only nintendo console i don't own so don't act like i've never played a nintendo game.  it was playing nintendo games that caused me to have this judgement.

and my judgement is directly correlated to when nintendo started making statements concerning the high cost of game development development and how they are going to keep their development costs low.  so their development cost may be low but their games also feel low quality now, not worth the cost of entry anymore to me.

Nintendo is right in trying to streamline the development of their games. You couldn't possiblly say that games like Mario kart 8, Smash or Zelda BoW are low quality games

Their big fat lies.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Mainly region lock and lack of certain features. Also, games not going down in price at all is annoying.

Around the Network

My biggest issue with Nintendo is how they handle hardware transitions. They just suddenly finish support for existing hardware, ready for the next bit of kit. They had a barren final year for the popular Wii, and its dreadful that Wii U owners are getting one game from now until March 2017. I would like to see Nintendo support their consoles right up until the next releases. I have enjoyed my Wii U immensely, but my experience has been soured by Nintendo more or less cutting all ties with it.

Ka-pi96 said:
Pavolink said:
Their big fat lies.

If they had small thin lies instead would that be ok?

Small cute thin lies maybe.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Give us a goddamn upgraded GameCube controller as the MAIN controller.

Pavolink said:
Their big fat lies.

They might lie sometimes but wasn't it worth it in the end for BotW? 

hershel_layton said:

Specific series you have in mind?

Literally all of them that aren't Smash or Mario Kart suffers from this. Every single franchise.