By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Biggest issue with Nintendo for you

Everything with Wii U from 2012 to the end of 2014 is everything right with Nintendo (even though some of the games leaked to 2015 or 2016). Everything announced after 2014 is exactly what is wrong with Nintendo.

Around the Network

They really need to revive franchises other than Mario and Kirby. I'd love to see a new Punch-Out!!, a new classic-style Metroid, new Kid Icarus, new Warioware Microgames (not what we got on Wii U), new F-Zero, etc.

It takes years to see a price drop in their games.  As someone who doesnt enjoy nintendo games like before, it is hard to pay full price for games just to see if its enjoyable enough.  

mikrolik said:
They really need to revive franchises other than Mario and Kirby. I'd love to see a new Punch-Out!!, a new classic-style Metroid, new Kid Icarus, new Warioware Microgames (not what we got on Wii U), new F-Zero, etc.

The recent kid kcarus was great. A change that improved the series 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

I have no issues with Nintendo. I use to for years only because I felt they were selling core gamers out to chase casuals until I went back and played Hogan's Alley and had this "light bulb" moment where I realized that they have always chased the "family" and not just core gamers.

So no, I have no issues with them and I'll be first in line to get the NX.

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
Metroid Prime 4, because it doesn't exists yet and it should.

This and every other Metroid related thing.  It's easily Nintendo's third best franchise (although in my opinion their best) and they neglect the hell out of it.

Lube Me Up

1. Not enough variety in themes or game-play. I don't like platformers, for example, which make up a significant part of Nintendo's catalog.

2. Almost global emphasis on shallow characters and narratives. I understand they do this so they can keep their franchises "evergreen" but, as a consumer, I don't care about that. I like complexity.

3. Emphasis on gimmicky/innovative hardware and stable software. I like it the other way around.

4. Being behind the rest of the industry in terms of features like accounts and internet service yet trying to spin that as a good thing.

5. What's with the lack of internal memory?

6. Reggie is arrogant.

7. Fire Emblem should be on PC.

8. Third-party support. They fix that and it would go a long way toward helping some of the other issues, especially since I care more about third-party franchises than anyone's exclusives.

So, basically, Nintendo is a really poor fit for me personally. Even when I was a Nintendo fan, I wasn't into a lot of their games. Now that other consoles (and PC) fit my tastes better, Nintendo's home consoles haven't been that appealing.

Edit:  After reading a few other posts--

9. Yeah, as a PC gamer, the thing with Nintendo prices never going down does not sit well with me.  I almost never buy at full price.

10. Nintendo consoles pretty much being dead a year before they're replaced.  That cuts a year off the functional life-span.  Playstation has spoiled me in that regard.

Nintendo just doesn't have the edge they used to, and they seem to have learned the wrong lessons from past successes, particularly the Wii. The company also comes across as being run by very old men who barely have a grasp of what the internet is and will never change their ways.

You should do this for all the big companies!

The lack of Kid Icarus Uprising 2
The games stay at full price for years
Their extreme secrecy with NX