By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PC gaming is the best it has ever been

Some console fans argue that PC gaming is too difficult to get into and too expensive. But its not! There are so many choices that you can build a PC with a decent enough rig to just run current gen game, or a high end PC to run them at the best setting, or anything that falls between these two.

Here are some of the things that make PC gaming better:

Free online

Can play all games released in the last three decades on one platform

Steam prices are cheap

Supports mods

Can play a game at the highest settings possible

Can emulate older consoles

Gets most indie games

Simulation and RTS games that consoles lack

Best controlsfor shooters are keyboard and mouse

Also supports controllers for games that are better with them

Accessories are cheaper

You can build a cheaper and weker PC than consoles or a better and more expensive one, you have so many options

This gen it has become even better:

Will get all Xbox exclusives

Can play some PlayStation exclusives

Basically playing exclusives from both sides but at higher settings if they build a powerful PC

I'm a PlayStation fan but you have to be kidding me to say that consoles are better than PC's in any significant way.

Around the Network

yeah we know your 1000$ pc can play games better than a 300$ console.

Is it just me or are we getting these threads everyday now? We know the pc is awesome heck even nintendo is awesome and playstation is awesome and xbox is awesome.

I am experiencing PC gaming renaissance myself. From 2011 to 2015 I was mostly playing on PS2/PS3/PSP, now I rocking GTAV Online, Rocket League, FlatOut2, Max Payne 3, Heroes 3, ME2 all on PC bitch.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Sprash said:
yeah we know your 1000$ pc can play games better than a 300$ console.

Is it just me or are we getting these threads everyday now? We know the pc is awesome heck even nintendo is awesome and playstation is awesome and xbox is awesome.

Reading the OP doesn't hurt.

I agree. Can't wait to get a 1070 sometime later this year!

Around the Network

Not a PC gamer, but the benefits are easy to notice. The same machine can last you an eternity, so long as you upgrade it periodically.

bet: lost

"I'm a PlayStation fan but you have to be kidding me to say that consoles are better than PC's in any significant way."

It's all very personal. It depends on what matters to you.

For me, I don't want to be bothered with updates and upgrades, and an all-digital library. I like the plug-and-play convenience of console gaming, and its focus on the living room. There's also the matter of exclusives. I can't play The Last Guardian or Mario Kart 8 on PC - at least not legally. Yet even if all Nintendo, PS, and Xbox games were available on PC, I'd still invest in home consoles. They're just more convenient and practical for my lifestyle.

One more thing: I'd argue PC gaming peaked around 1993-2004. So I'd disagree with the thesis that PC gaming is the best it has ever been.

*pauses inFAMOUS First Light*

I'm sorry, you were saying something?

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Pretty much! I remember when people made those "PC is Dead" threads loll. Now we see that PC is more viable as ever with loads of games that we never thought would ever come to PC are heading to PC. And I don't just mean the MS ones, I mean jrpgs as well! It is a great time to be a PC gamer, thats for sure.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

If you like a lot of indies and digital games/and don't care at all about Nintendo en sony exlcusives.

But as someone who cares mostly about physical games.

Nope pc is getting worse.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil