By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PC gaming is the best it has ever been

jason1637 said:
Uabit said:
A 400$ rig outshines PS4 and One and by the time Scorpio and Neo come out a rig with the same price will outshine them again. Consoles are dead.

But with $400 you can get a new console and 60+ games,

You do realise PC offers games for free? If you count Shareware/Freeware/Mods... You are set for a stupidly long time.

Ruler said:

Can play all games released in the last three decades on one platform

-i can do the same just buy a PS2, PS3 and 4 thats 4 generations of 20 years in gaming

That's not a singular platform.

Ruler said:

Supports mods

- like cheats

Modding isn't cheating.

Ruler said:

Can play a game at the highest settings possible

- PS4 Neo and Scoprio will offer the same 

No they won't. You still will not be able to play in 4k, 5k, 7680x1440, 7680x1600, 5760x1080, 11,520x1920, 120fps, 144fps and more.

Ruler said:

Can emulate older consoles

- How about you try to emulate Windows 95 games?

You don't need to emulate Windows 95 games. With Virtualization you can run Windows 95 like an app on your desktop and run the games from there.

Ruler said:

Simulation and RTS games that consoles lack

-RTS games are dead

You should let Microsoft know that with Halo Wars 2. And Blizzard with StarCraft.

Ruler said:

Accessories are cheaper

nope, an Xbox One controller will cost the same

Not the same as a keyboard and mouse. I can buy a keyboard and mouse from Kmart for $10 AUD. For an Xbox Controller you are looking at $90 AUD from EB Games.
Gamepads on PC start from $30 Aud at PC Case Gear too.

Now for being on topic. PC Gaming is the best it has ever been. There are more games, there are more users, it's easier to get into, it's cheaper than it has ever been.

I do confess I prefer the Late 90's early 2000's as developers were willing to take more risks and blend genre's together which is what we got with Dungeon Keeper, Sacrifice, Black and White, Battlezone 2, Evolva etc'.

And please people. Just because someone is a PC gamer, doesn't mean they don't own a console or are not willing to game on a console, you can actually own both. And game on Both. They don't have to replace each other, they can compliment each other.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
Pemalite said:

Now for being on topic. PC Gaming is the best it has ever been. There are more games, there are more users, it's easier to get into, it's cheaper than it has ever been.

I do confess I prefer the Late 90's early 2000's as developers were willing to take more risks and blend genre's together which is what we got with Dungeon Keeper, Sacrifice, Black and White, Battlezone 2, Evolva etc'.

And please people. Just because someone is a PC gamer, doesn't mean they don't own a console or are not willing to game on a console, you can actually own both. And game on Both. They don't have to replace each other, they can compliment each other.

This is the truth.  Anyone who plays on both will quickly come to see that both offer strong positives.  There are games I favor playing on PC and others I want on console.  I want to have both so I can chose the best experience (for me) on a game-by-game basis, not to mention the exclusives each bring to the table.

Bandorr said:
Seems easier to just say "gaming is the best it has ever been".

And there ya go. There are so many pluses to both these days, and more than the positives imho, even if there are a few negatives of course. People like what they like, there's absolutely no reason to argue about it.

Its a great time to be a PC gamer, great time to get into it aswell.

jason1637 said:
GOWTLOZ said:

Some console fans argue that PC gaming is too difficult to get into and too expensive. But its not! There are so many choices that you can build a PC with a decent enough rig to just run current gen game, or a high end PC to run them at the best setting, or anything that falls between these two.

Here are some of the things that make PC gaming better:

Can play all games released in the last three decades on one platform Emulation isnt really official software

Steam prices are cheap Consoles get sales on a weekly basis and you can always find cheap used games.

Supports mods Mods can be supported on consoles but its up to the devs

Can emulate older consoles Emulation apps aren't official.

You can build a cheaper and weker PC than consoles or a better and more expensive one, you have so many options If you want to game on a PC there's no point to build a weak PC.

Can play some PlayStation exclusives Not official

PC can play all games released on it in the last three decades, that was my point, while you can't play all games released on PlayStation consoles on a PS4.

Consoles do not support all mods that PC has, and most games do not have console mod support but they have PC mod support.

Emulation official or not allows you to play the games at a higher resolution and better settings than on the console they were. So its better.

You can play games on a weak PC fine, it might run it at lower settings than consoles but it can still run the game well enough for you to play. There is a point in buying weak PC's if you do not have money for a high end PC or a console.

PC is officially has some PlayStation exclusives like No Man's Sky and Street Fighter V.