By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - UPDATED: Seven NEW Pokémon announced !

Ka-pi96 said:
StarOcean said:
The genwunners are in full force today

Anyway, the only design Im perplexed by is Grubbins second evo. Why is it so square? Is there a real-life bug that has such an odd shape? I'm confused by it XD

The rest I really liked

Grubbin? When did they release English names for the new Pokemon? What are the others?

Grubbin is the Bug type Pokémon that was announced during E3 alongside Yungoos and Pikipek (but it wasn't shown during the E3 demonstration)

since it's Pokédex entry states that it's attracted from electricity it's clear that those two are his evolutions, Serebii has western names for the Pokémon but I don't know if they are official, I'll wait until tomorrow since in the end that is the day the anouncement was supposed to be made on.

Around the Network

square bug is weird, and not in a good way, it's evolution is cool though

Zygarde 100% power looks horrible :/

the rest are fine, they fit in well with the theme, as many tropical animals look insane

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

I actually like them, except for the ugly fish.

They managed to make a fish Pokémon that's even uglier than Stunfisk, that's quite the accomplishment lmao.

Luke888 said:

I'm surprised nobody pointed this out but the Grubbin final evolution looks like some sort of fusion between the Halo swords  and Mega Rayquaza's head

pokemon synchro comfirmed lol. Good Observation 

Around the Network

Erm... those were weird :/

Especially the box

A lot more fairy types though

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

97alexk said:

Ok im the only one here who love most of these designs? i think the weirdness is awsome. Especially that dragon looks like falcor from the never ending story.

Aw hell naw! Damn, now I can't unsee it! Urgghhh, get it out of my head!

tbone51 said:
mountaindewslave said:

the vast majority of Pokemon after the first gen or so look like crap, we're talking since the 2000s. here and there there will be a cool looking one... for me its the concept of Pokemon that still must be attractive, not so much the individual new Pokemon. you just can't beat the old evolutions of like Charmander, Squirtle, etc.

I swear flip gen pokemon over and gen wunners will say the same exact thing. Greninja looks better than 90% of pokemon in gen 1 for example. Bad ass turtle and crappy frog switched in a parallel universe and it would be bad ass frog and turtle with guns on back? Thats crap lmao

Thank you for restoring my faith in humanity the fanbase.

I was 19 years old when the first Pokemon hit the US so I can tell you that Pokemon always looked silly. If you think a Pidgey is some awesomely conceived character, it's nostalgia, not logic, that's driving your thought process lol.

I loved the little green bus.