By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - UPDATED: Seven NEW Pokémon announced !

Update: English Trailer, official names

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE2NJjuQc3A

-Tapu Koko is an Electric/Fairy type, it's confirmed to be the guardian of MeleMele, the starting island of Pokémon Sun/Moon, It's ability Electric Surge changes the terrain to Electric Terrain, It's signature move, Nature's Madness, halves the opponent's HP;

-Charjabug is a Bug/Electric type with an all new ability called Battery, it's confirmed to be Grubbin's evolution;

-Vikavolt is a Bug/Electric type with Levitate as it's ability, it's the evolution of Charjabug;

-Drampa is a Normal/Dragon type which can either have the ability Sap Sipper or Berserk which gives it a special attack boost whenever it's health reaches or goes under half;

-Bruxish is a Water/Psychic type with either the Strong Jaw ability or the new Dazzling ability which prevents other pokémon from attacking it with priority moves;

-Cutiefly is a Bug/Fairy type with either the Honey Gather or Shield Dust ability;

-Togedemaru is an Electric/Steel type with either the Iron Barbs or Lightning Rod ability;

The 7 Pokémon were leaked a couple hours before the announcement from the Japanese Pokémon YouTube channel on the 30/6/2016, many people thought they were fake.

Also the Pokémon previously known as Iwanko and Nekkoala now have their official western names them beeing Rockruff and Komala, plus the description from the official website of Rockruff confirms that the Pokémon will evolve.

At least Tapu Koko looks good I guess...

Around the Network

They look weird, but I'm sure we'll get used to them. But I have the imprsssion everything shown is electric o fairy. Fairy is fine, it's still an underused type, but why the sudden attention to electric?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:
They look weird, but I'm sure we'll get used to them. But I have the imprsssion everything shown is electric o fairy. Fairy is fine, it's still an underused type, but why the sudden attention to electric?

Imho the animals of each Island reflect the types of the guardian of the Island, so with Tapu Koko beeing Electric/Fairy we'll have lots of Electric and Fairy types in the first island, the Island with a volcano similarly will have a Fire type as it's guardian and plenty of fire types in the wild and so on...

Thanks for keeping my expectations down, was definitely a poor showing. Some were alright but nothing I would call great or really even good tbh. Even Zygarde looks like shit.
I often find the older simplistic designs to be the best, especially with this art style.

Still no Dolphin!?!?

Most look fine to me! I really like the Electric/Bug, Normal/Dragon, and Fairy/Bug, and the Electric/Steel was cute, but okay yeah, that Water/Psychic was ugly and gonna be kinda weird if it can be Male.

Around the Network
Luke888 said:
Darwinianevolution said:

Imho the animals of each Island reflect the types of the guardian of the Island, so with Tapu Koko beeing Electric/Fairy we'll have lots of Electric and Fairy types in the first island, the Island with a volcano similarly will have a Fire type as it's guardian and plenty of fire types in the wild and so on...

Ooooh, that makes sense. Maybe in the next trailer we'll see more fire or water pokemon?

Besides two of the Pokemon (I don't know the names of them), I would agree that the designs for them are weird.

Also, I realized one thing. The pikachu knockoff is a hedgehog (or something similar), is electric, has spikes, and it rolls when it does an attack. We're going to have tons of Sonichu jokes, just wait some time.

Peculiar designs but then again the are many peculiar looking animals in the real world.

Einsam_Delphin said:
Still no Dolphin!?!?

Most look fine to me! I really like the Electric/Bug, Normal/Dragon, and Fairy/Bug, and the Electric/Steel was cute, but okay yeah, that Water/Psychic was ugly and gonna be kinda weird if it can be Male.

The Fish will be super competitive, it's the counter for Talonflame:

it's ability nullifies attacks with priority so you can safely switch in on a brave bird, get 0 damage and attack with the Water STAB...