By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - UPDATED: Seven NEW Pokémon announced !

I like the knight-ish one

Love the electric flying thing. Will definitely be on my team.

That round pikachu like one is ok.

The little bug is cute.

The fish is dead ugly, but it could be anther Feebas/Magikarp so we'll see.

That bob marley dragon thing is really ugly, but in a cool way

And then that box...

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
An electric tiki man, a caterpillar bus that evolves into a stag beetle, an ugly kissing fish, a dopey Chinese dragon, and quite possibly the worst Pikachu clone ever? O_o

Worse than Pachirisu, Minun and Plusle? Nope.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

2, maybe 3, of them looked fine. The others (barfs)

I don't think they're all bad...

Tapu Koko - Cool
Charjabug (the thing that looks like a toy bus/combi) - Ugly
Vikavolk (the bug/electric flying thing) - Good
Drampa (the goofy looking dragon) - I like it, hopefully it evolves into something badass.
Bruxish (the fish) - I hate it
Cutiefly (the firefly (?) thing) - I don't think it's cute...
Togedemaru (Gen 7 Pikachu clone) - I don't think it's bad but I find it less cute than other Pikachu clones.

Edit: I changed my mind and now I think that Vikavolt looks good rather than just decent.

tbone51 said:

I swear flip gen pokemon over and gen wunners will say the same exact thing. Greninja looks better than 90% of pokemon in gen 1 for example. Bad ass turtle and crappy frog switched in a parallel universe and it would be bad ass frog and turtle with guns on back? Thats crap lmao

Best post!

Overall this gen has good designs so far, it gives me confidence that the inevitable dolphin poke will look amazing!

Around the Network
mountaindewslave said:

the vast majority of Pokemon after the first gen or so look like crap, we're talking since the 2000s. here and there there will be a cool looking one... for me its the concept of Pokemon that still must be attractive, not so much the individual new Pokemon. you just can't beat the old evolutions of like Charmander, Squirtle, etc.

This^

Lol, I love the new comments coming in here. Now that people have said it, the bug does look like a battery, as well as a watermelon, haha. And the Rayquaza and Halo sword fusing joke is funny xD

Also forgot to say the dragon pokemon looks pretty cool too.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Updated with the names and the abilities for the various Pokémon, while the English website doesn't reveal this information the Italian one also confirms that other Islands in Alola have their own guardians and have the same Species classification of Tapu Koko.

Sounds like Vikavolt should have Unburden has a secondary or hidden ability.

"When Vikavolt is engaged in a fierce aerial fight, it releases Charjabug to make itself lighter and increase its mobility."

JRPGfan said:
. have they run out of ideas to make decent and original JRPG's?

Fixed that for you 😎

In all seriousness, I think they match the theme and aren't too simple. At least were not given a pokeball, piece of slime, or an ice cream cone.

Besides, even nature has blatant copies of other animals.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.