By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Miyamoto: Breath of the Wild Needs to sell 2 million.

The game will sell at least 6ml

Around the Network

2 mil only? That'll be easy. It could probably do that within a month. I'm guessing at least 6 mil.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Dulfite said:
Jumpin said:
Nintendo and Zelda is DOOMED!

*are

Zelda ARE D00MED!

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Total sales or just on WiiU or NX?

Werix357 said:
I'm really surprised by this. I wonder if Miyamoto is including the marketing cost as well.
I thought it would have needed around 6 Million sales to make money. I was only off by 4 million :0

Lol at 6m units. :)

Around the Network
Dr.Vita said:
This means that the budget for this game wasn't big?

This Nintendo game with biggest budget ever and biggest team ever, this basically best Nintendo project ever.

hadoram said:
No full voice acting and limited marketing budgets cut costs of development (at least in comparison to other big aaa games).

I dont think nintendo is using alot (expensive) motion capturing and co either.

They are just lucky they have a loyal fanbase who will buy this games anyway, so why should the invest money in expensive technologies.

Game looking great and that doesn't have anything with loyal fan base. You dont need expensive technologies to make great looking or great game!?

It'll probably do that it's first week alone.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Lawlight said:
2M to get back production costs. What about marketing?

An extra 200k-400k? Looks good considering the game will do over 5mil so its all profit

And other games need 5 million to even break even... how the hell do some companies spend their money.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints