By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Star Ocean 5 Integrity and Faithlessness Metacritic Review - (60 Meta Rating - Gabriel Celeste May Cry Edition)

Cloudman said:
Damn. It can't be that bad. What happened?

It's gotta be the sudden change of one of girl's underwear

Nah, just the reviewers. Their's wasn't on quite right so it was like something was up their butts.

Lube Me Up

Around the Network

Famitsu Score: 9/9/8/8 (34/40)

Previous:

Star Ocean SFC: 31/40
Star Ocean 2: 33/40
Star Ocean 3: 32/40
Star Ocean 4: 34/40

Famitsu thought SO5 is just as good at SO4. I'm kind of troubled now that I've looked this up.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
deskpro2k3 said:

Famitsu Score: 9/9/8/8 (34/40)

Previous:

Star Ocean SFC: 31/40
Star Ocean 2: 33/40
Star Ocean 3: 32/40
Star Ocean 4: 34/40

Famitsu thought SO5 is just as good at SO4. I'm kind of troubled now that I've looked this up.

Man. Review scores in general are useless, but Famitsu scores are the epitome of reading nothing, given that even people who depend on scores often say that

Ali_16x said:
Ruler said:

just like the Order 1886 doesnt count anymore? A game is a game, a game more

thats not an RPG

What? Yes it is. Lol what are you talking about

no it isnt, its a sidescrolling beat em up with RPG elements

John2290 said:
Damn, every JRPG franchise I want to get in on is dying. Must be my bad luck. Okay, I am NOT going to start FF with FFXV....really, universe...I'm not.

How they are dying if they are still getting made and enjoyed by their fanbases? Look also at your PSN ID, zero JRPGs or Japanese gamese in general except for Gravity Rush which you havent even finished. If you really would be into them you would have tried one by now

LMU Uncle Alfred said:
Cloudman said:
Damn. It can't be that bad. What happened?

It's gotta be the sudden change of one of girl's underwear

Nah, just the reviewers. Their's wasn't on quite right so it was like something was up their butts.

Haha, maybe the devs changed theirs and now they're pissed. xD

Seriously though, how could this go wrong? It looked good, and it has a huge party too. It looked like it was fun.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
Cloudman said:
LMU Uncle Alfred said:

Seriously though, how could this go wrong? It looked good, and it has a huge party too. It looked like it was fun.

Nothing went wrong, famitsu gave it an 85 but you wont see their review because they are Japanese. Its only western reviewers who are bitching and complaining but then turn around and hail every other Western RPG.

I thought the big problem with this game was it's length and it was otherwise pretty good.

I guess the problems run a lot deeper

Boutros said:
As expected. That's how much SO4 should have had.

Is it overcorrection? There's no chance that this is worse than Star Ocean 4.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Ruler said:
Cloudman said:

Nothing went wrong, famitsu gave it an 85 but you wont see their review because they are Japanese. Its only western reviewers who are bitching and complaining but then turn around and hail every other Western RPG.

I dunno if that helps assure if SO5 is a good game. They also gave FF13 39/40, and I know how that game really is.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

The thing is: if you like the Star Ocean franchise, you'll probably like this one as well. Star Ocean never had an amazing story and characters, the combat make up for it

Just play by yourself and be the judge