By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Star Ocean 5 Integrity and Faithlessness Metacritic Review - (60 Meta Rating - Gabriel Celeste May Cry Edition)

Expected. A low budget game that doesn't do justice to its name.

Around the Network

Still plan on getting it after work down my backlog a bit.

they only make these games so we can ogle cosplayers... so a 60 + new cosplay costumes sounds like gold

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

NiKKoM said:
they only make these games so we can ogle cosplayers... so a 60 + new cosplay costumes sounds like gold

Exactly! This game isn't about good reviews or selling well.....

...It's about the tons of new Fiore Burnelli cosplayers! :P

Cloudman said:
Ruler said:

Nothing went wrong, famitsu gave it an 85 but you wont see their review because they are Japanese. Its only western reviewers who are bitching and complaining but then turn around and hail every other Western RPG.

I dunno if that helps assure if SO5 is a good game. They also gave FF13 39/40, and I know how that game really is.

its a good game by todays standard

Around the Network
Cloudman said:

I dunno if that helps assure if SO5 is a good game. They also gave FF13 39/40, and I know how that game really is.

You mean a great game with a kicking ass soundtrack, memorable sequences and, albeit easy, fun gameplay system? Sure seems worth of 39/40.

Cloudman said:
Ruler said:

Nothing went wrong, famitsu gave it an 85 but you wont see their review because they are Japanese. Its only western reviewers who are bitching and complaining but then turn around and hail every other Western RPG.

Go read the synopsis on the metacritic reviews. Some of them directly contradict what the other reviewers are saying, so I don't think this game is being scored accurately for what it offers. Over on NeoGAF there were users who imported the Japanese version ahead of time, and what I was seeing is that this game is undoubtedly better than 4, and its main flaw was that it tried to live beyond its budget. 

Some things I saw that were nice? Customization, I read that the characters are actually like able (I guess the ones in 4 weren't?), that the campaign time is around 25 hours which works for, and against it, gameplay is fun and it's overall a good investment for fans of the series.

im coming into this never having played a star ocean game in my life, but will be picking up SO5 this afternoon and from just what we've seen, I think the games gonna be great. Do your own due diligence on why this game could be good or bad.

So I hope to see all you positives in the SO5 thread later on today. Put your money where your mouth is... Star Ocean gonna need you.

Honestly, from discriptions on how cutscenes are handled this is such a low budget game 300k copies may be enough.

That is depressing, seriously depressing giving how much I loved SO1 and SO3. I've always felt that JRPGs are stuck in the past and some reviewers agree with this game feeling dated. Even from the first few trailers and up until now, it was not visually impressive and it just looks painfully bland (compared to FFXV)

I will probably pick this up when it's at bargain bin price, which I assume won't take too long. I can't see this game selling well and it will probably be the last one, at least for a veeeeery long time. Here's to hoping FFXV and Persona 5 turn out better.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

JRPGS are dying and if you don't believe me just look at ff15. Time to accept it, wrpg won and so did America