By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Star Ocean 5 Integrity and Faithlessness Metacritic Review - (60 Meta Rating - Gabriel Celeste May Cry Edition)

John2290 said:
Damn, every JRPG franchise I want to get in on is dying. Must be my bad luck. Okay, I am NOT going to start FF with FFXV....really, universe...I'm not.

What other franchises are "dying"?

Anyways, Star Ocean probably wont completely die but it might get temporarily frozen again like what happened with the last one. If anything - it'll sell somewhat decently and not be a complete flop.

If we're lucky we'll get a follow up remake/enhanced port like we did for SO1/SO2 for SO3.

Anyways, as for FF games to start - would not recommend to start with the most recent. There's plenty of other games in the series.

If you are a Playstation only gamer - its highly recommended to go for FF7 on PSN.

Basil's YouTube Channel

Around the Network

So I hope to see all you positives in the SO5 thread later on today. Put your money where your mouth is... Star Ocean gonna need you.

Honestly, from discriptions on how cutscenes are handled this is such a low budget game 300k copies may be enough.

That is depressing, seriously depressing giving how much I loved SO1 and SO3. I've always felt that JRPGs are stuck in the past and some reviewers agree with this game feeling dated. Even from the first few trailers and up until now, it was not visually impressive and it just looks painfully bland (compared to FFXV)

I will probably pick this up when it's at bargain bin price, which I assume won't take too long. I can't see this game selling well and it will probably be the last one, at least for a veeeeery long time. Here's to hoping FFXV and Persona 5 turn out better.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

JRPGS are dying and if you don't believe me just look at ff15. Time to accept it, wrpg won and so did America

Snoopy said:
JRPGS are dying and if you don't believe me just look at ff15. Time to accept it, wrpg won and so did America

I'm not sure I follow...

• Final Fantasy XV isn't out yet.
  • WRPGs won what?
  • America won what?

Around the Network

Got my copy today. Imma see how bad it is myself

I guess "I am Setsuna" is my JRPG of the summer.

Roronaa_chan said:
deskpro2k3 said:

Famitsu Score: 9/9/8/8 (34/40)

Previous:

Star Ocean SFC: 31/40
Star Ocean 2: 33/40
Star Ocean 3: 32/40
Star Ocean 4: 34/40

Famitsu thought SO5 is just as good at SO4. I'm kind of troubled now that I've looked this up.

Man. Review scores in general are useless, but Famitsu scores are the epitome of reading nothing, given that even people who depend on scores often say that

I think reading nothing would be better in this case.  Not saying some of the points against SO5 aren't warranted, but just because one reviewer can write a lot of nothing doesn't mean that reviewers nothing is better than someone else's. 

Lube Me Up

CGI-Quality said:
Snoopy said:

I'm not sure I follow...

• Final Fantasy XV isn't out yet.
  • WRPGs won what?
  • America won what?

They won the Justin Bieber award.  You didn't hear?

Lube Me Up

Xxain said:
So I hope to see all you positives in the SO5 thread later on today. Put your money where your mouth is... 

?