By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Star Ocean 5 Integrity and Faithlessness Metacritic Review - (60 Meta Rating - Gabriel Celeste May Cry Edition)

pbroy said:
iceland said:

Nothing wrong with promoting some exercise

As an American, I value my fat and am proud of it. I put countless hours at the buffets, fast food chains and bbq pits. I even sacrifice some sleep to have some late night eating.

Everyone is admitting to their defeat with fighting obesity. Look at M$, they are stopping services for Xbox Fitness, because they are fighting a losing battle.

We need to embrace and let be. 😚

As far as disc swapping goes. I cringe at the thought of even having to walk to my console to put a disc in. After buying a game at the store, I have buyers remorse when I get home. The effort I have to put in to unwrap the plastic is tiring. 😐

Agreed I'm all about guys getting as fat as they can. Makes it easier for me.

Around the Network
method114 said:
pbroy said:

As an American, I value my fat and am proud of it. I put countless hours at the buffets, fast food chains and bbq pits. I even sacrifice some sleep to have some late night eating.

Everyone is admitting to their defeat with fighting obesity. Look at M$, they are stopping services for Xbox Fitness, because they are fighting a losing battle.

We need to embrace and let be. 😚

As far as disc swapping goes. I cringe at the thought of even having to walk to my console to put a disc in. After buying a game at the store, I have buyers remorse when I get home. The effort I have to put in to unwrap the plastic is tiring. 😐

Are you one of the alien overlords who's waiting for everyone to plump up to the optimal plumpness and then harvest us to feed your planet?

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

Feels exactly like Star Ocean 3. The battle system is exactly like SO3 and Fidel has all of Fayt moveset... Even his battle qoutes. The music so far feels entirely SO3 stylistically.

Serious Deja Vu right now.

Playing it right now. Starts out better than 3 and already enjoying the characters more than 4.....

Only an hour or so in but its good (not great but good) so far.

And it supports remote play and plays well through it, deserves ATLEAST a 60 just for that.

edit:  I cannot seem to get the First Day DLC Code to work.  Get the Thank You Screen for entering it but nothing else. 

pbroy said:
method114 said:

Are you one of the alien overlords who's waiting for everyone to plump up to the optimal plumpness and then harvest us to feed your planet?

If so... sucks for them

Mostly fat would make for a terrible bit of meat. Best to eat the muscley people first.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
pbroy said:

If so... sucks for them

Mostly fat would make for a terrible bit of meat. Best to eat the muscley people first.

Fat is the best part of the meat, you n00b! It retains the most flavour in dishes and that gelatinous texture is to kill for! Go back to People Eating 101. Obviously you have no idea what you're talking about. 😐

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
John2290 said:
BasilZero said:

What other franchises are "dying"?

Anyways, Star Ocean probably wont completely die but it might get temporarily frozen again like what happened with the last one. If anything - it'll sell somewhat decently and not be a complete flop.

If we're lucky we'll get a follow up remake/enhanced port like we did for SO1/SO2 for SO3.

Anyways, as for FF games to start - would not recommend to start with the most recent. There's plenty of other games in the series.

If you are a Playstation only gamer - its highly recommended to go for FF7 on PSN.

Tales series.

Really? When they have been releasing 2-3 games a year? I can't imagine franchises that get one game released a year are going through.

Basil's YouTube Channel

So it is going up.  But the complaints sound familiar compared to the ones from Japan:  bit short, obviously held back by budget, doesn't seem to do much new.  Still looks like a pretty good game and looks like it will probably get over 65.  But it seems like Square may not have put the resources in to push it to the next level. 

Ruler said:
Cloudman said:

I dunno if that helps assure if SO5 is a good game. They also gave FF13 39/40, and I know how that game really is.

its a good game by todays standard

Which game do you mean? SO5 is likely still a good game, even if it doesn't score high. FF13 however I don't agree with. I don't think it's a good game in any standard...

Wright said:
Cloudman said:

I dunno if that helps assure if SO5 is a good game. They also gave FF13 39/40, and I know how that game really is.

You mean a great game with a kicking ass soundtrack, memorable sequences and, albeit easy, fun gameplay system? Sure seems worth of 39/40.

I will say, it does have a good soundtrack, haha. The other ones... well, the part about the different codes of colors was memorable. I'm surprised they had codes for so many different breaches. xD Code blue, green, red, purple, and white. I'm probably missing some. That was pretty funny. The combat is easy, but fun? I don't agree there.

aLkaLiNE said:
Cloudman said:

Go read the synopsis on the metacritic reviews. Some of them directly contradict what the other reviewers are saying, so I don't think this game is being scored accurately for what it offers. Over on NeoGAF there were users who imported the Japanese version ahead of time, and what I was seeing is that this game is undoubtedly better than 4, and its main flaw was that it tried to live beyond its budget. 

Some things I saw that were nice? Customization, I read that the characters are actually like able (I guess the ones in 4 weren't?), that the campaign time is around 25 hours which works for, and against it, gameplay is fun and it's overall a good investment for fans of the series.

im coming into this never having played a star ocean game in my life, but will be picking up SO5 this afternoon and from just what we've seen, I think the games gonna be great. Do your own due diligence on why this game could be good or bad.

I haven't looked at the reviews carefully for SO5. I was just surprised it started scoring so low. I figured it'd be a fine game. It looks good and seems potentially fun. I would look up more if I was going to buy it.

I've also heard SO4 isn't very good, aside from the combat system, which I heard is good. I dunno. Too many mixed opinions on it kept me away.

Anyways, I would pick it up if the PS3 version of SO5 was also released from Japan, but it only released for the PS4 here, and since I don't have that, well, I just gotta pass it then.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Ow......OW! 56!? OW!

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."