By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Star Ocean 5 Integrity and Faithlessness Metacritic Review - (60 Meta Rating - Gabriel Celeste May Cry Edition)

Mar1217 said:
I love how some people are just whinning about the meta of this game and try to justify it by saying ''it's a JRPG. Of course it's gonna get a low score. They only praise WRPG in western reviews''

Then you look at Tokyo Mirage Sessions who got 82 on Metacritic ....

Yeah of course. It's their fault. Some people should look at these complaints to get the consensus of why this game is hated here before shrudding it off because ''they can't understand''.

But I won't say that you shouldn't appreciate the game because of that. If you're fine with it, then that's good.

SO5 isnt hated. It just has an obviously low budget. Thats it. 

Trying to be so much like SO3 is nostalgic but doesnt help either, but there are parts that are better than all other SO'. Private actions, Roles (reviewers didnt understand you can stack different roles with same type A.I for a better result). 

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
I love how some people are just whinning about the meta of this game and try to justify it by saying ''it's a JRPG. Of course it's gonna get a low score. They only praise WRPG in western reviews''

Then you look at Tokyo Mirage Sessions who got 82 on Metacritic ....

Yeah of course. It's their fault. Some people should look at these complaints to get the consensus of why this game is hated here before shrudding it off because ''they can't understand''.

But I won't say that you shouldn't appreciate the game because of that. If you're fine with it, then that's good.

The sad part is that the Japanese were disliking it and hating it like crazy so in fact even the Japanese are biased and don't know shit about Japanese games :s.

Then again the first impressions of FFXIII were also good and now almost everybody dislikes it....First impressions are mostly postive......but when they finish it...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1239928&page=11

a lot of 7/8's now

Critics being harsh as always

Still a great Star Ocean game, just don't expect a good story lol

Ruler said:

But how has that anything to do with Japanese reviewers being absent from Metacrtic which is discriminatory? I am pretty sure if Famitsu and other japanese reviewers could give their review they would, but they cant just as you dont see any other none western country im metacritic.

Do you see for example reviews from latin america, africa, arabic world, former soviet union, china, korea or other parts in asia on metacritic? Damn what a coincedence, they all cant get their shit together unlike the mighty west, yeah sure.

Look also at Snoopys comment and you call me here the most xenophobic and spitefull person on this site?

Ruler you can try a mirror copy+paste argument all you want but it's not going to shield yourself from your xenophobic behaviour.

I actually like Japanese games and Western, I love anime and western cartoons as well as loving both cultures, all you've done is show contempt for one side while constantly loving and defending the other. Also if you'd studied history you'd also know why the West have OS control and why they even got therte in the frist place, look where the computer, internet and OS booms came from and you'll see the picture.

That's up to Famitsu to chuck out their reviews, not the West, that has nothing to do with the West what so ever, that is all on Famitsu themselves.

Oh how quaint you're using other countries to back up your fave, I can't wait to see that same example used for ltierally every other argument of yours inf avor of Japan in the future, in fact I can't wait for some threads based enitely on Africa as well as the other continents around the world.

You are Xenophobic through and through, trying to bounce an argument back towards the other isn't going to change that.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

I've just played through the opening segment and it plays great so far. Can't say a lot right now but the battle system seems to be a lot of fun and the story is starting to open up, if not a little bit slowly. Classic Star Ocean fare. This isn't a big budget JRPG though and for the money they probably had to develop it, game looks fine. That being said I can't believe they still have the horrific save point system from the past game from what I've played so far. Save points are few and far in between which is pretty frikin annoying. I can only hope this improves later on, but I'm not holding my breath.

Around the Network

Just looking at the game you can tell it's a generic budget title. Probably got the score it deserved, but I haven't played it, and never will, so take my opinion with a grain of salt. Tokyo Mirage Sessions looks a lot better visually and that's on vastly inferior hardware. I doubt there was any (or much) bias against Japanese games or jrpgs... Fire Emblem Fates scored 88% and Tokyo Mirage Sessions scored 82%.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Chazore said:
Ruler said:

But how has that anything to do with Japanese reviewers being absent from Metacrtic which is discriminatory? I am pretty sure if Famitsu and other japanese reviewers could give their review they would, but they cant just as you dont see any other none western country im metacritic.

Do you see for example reviews from latin america, africa, arabic world, former soviet union, china, korea or other parts in asia on metacritic? Damn what a coincedence, they all cant get their shit together unlike the mighty west, yeah sure.

Look also at Snoopys comment and you call me here the most xenophobic and spitefull person on this site?

Ruler you can try a mirror copy+paste argument all you want but it's not going to shield yourself from your xenophobic behaviour.

I actually like Japanese games and Western, I love anime and western cartoons as well as loving both cultures, all you've done is show contempt for one side while constantly loving and defending the other. Also if you'd studied history you'd also know why the West have OS control and why they even got therte in the frist place, look where the computer, internet and OS booms came from and you'll see the picture.

That's up to Famitsu to chuck out their reviews, not the West, that has nothing to do with the West what so ever, that is all on Famitsu themselves.

Oh how quaint you're using other countries to back up your fave, I can't wait to see that same example used for ltierally every other argument of yours inf avor of Japan in the future, in fact I can't wait for some threads based enitely on Africa as well as the other continents around the world.

You are Xenophobic through and through, trying to bounce an argument back towards the other isn't going to change that.

Again where i am xenophobic if i love japanese games? Like i said to an other member previously if all i would care and play is american games no one would care or accuse me of being biased, but for some reason japanese games stand out to you here and it is consired weird by other members?

No this statement is wrong, the West has no total controll of OS and computer technology, America does. And its pretty common now that in the same area mostly asians are working now by the way.

If this all would be Famitsus fault and japanese reviewers you would at least see other none western reviewers on metacritic of the regions i have mentioned previously. Its pretty unlikely that almost everyone not in the west refuses to take part in metacritic. Its more likely that gamespot has rules in place and chooses who ever they want.

Even other western sites are left out. For example the german sites like 4players who particapte on metacirtic are very unpopular while the most popular and most sold magazines and viewed review sites like Gamestar, Computer Bild, PC games and Maniac are left out on metacritic.

Yeah if i see an african devoloped game and it gets bad reviews i will point that out. I think there was an african VGchartz user here who has an indie project

Alkibiádēs said:

Just looking at the game you can tell it's a generic budget title. Probably got the score it deserved, but I haven't played it, and never will, so take my opinion with a grain of salt. Tokyo Mirage Sessions looks a lot better visually and that's on vastly inferior hardware. I doubt there was any (or much) bias against Japanese games or jrpgs... Fire Emblem Fates scored 88% and Tokyo Mirage Sessions scored 82%.

Instead of taking your opinion with a grain of salt I took it as invaild.

I gave the game a 7/10.
The problem so far, i'm only 3 hours in, are that the "open" world that I feel on this planet feels more like corridors.
Secondly I know a lot of star Ocean games start off like this, but I'd like to start off in a Sci Fi area, and not a fantasy one X_X.
Third the characters are really REALLY boring. All of them have like no personality so far, and the cutscenes aren't really even cutscenes so it takes away from the game. The combat is fun though and the game looks very pretty. Oh i just remembered the music is boring too.

PSn - greencactaur
Nintendo Switch FC - SW - 5152 - 6393 - 5140 Please feel free to add me :)

Ruler said:

Again where i am xenophobic if i love japanese games? Like i said to an other member previously if all i would care and play is american games no one would care or accuse me of being biased, but for some reason japanese games stand out to you here and it is consired weird by other members?

No this statement is wrong, the West has no total controll of OS and computer technology, America does. And its pretty common now that in the same area mostly asians are working now by the way.

If this all would be Famitsus fault and japanese reviewers you would at least see other none western reviewers on metacritic of the regions i have mentioned previously. Its pretty unlikely that almost everyone not in the west refuses to take part in metacritic. Its more likely that gamespot has rules in place and chooses who ever they want.

Yeah if i see an african devoloped game and it gets bad reviews i will point that out. I think there was an african VGchartz user here who has an indie project

I am talking of your Xenophobic behavour towards anything Western related, not towards Japanese games, you have warped what the definition actually means in that aspect it seems.

The West does have OS control, calling it "just America" is just showing the Xenophobia because the US is in fact part of the Western world, no need to single them out when other OS's in the past have spawned across various parts of the Western world, they may not be anywhere as popular as Windows or Mac but they do exist. Mostly asians working on a Western OS seems warped if anything, unless you want to go entirely with the "made in CHina" arguement, welcome to knowing that China makes a lot of the world's goods, that has been a thing for decades if not longer, but CHina don't design or code the OS, if they did it would certainly show very easily. 

What's to stop Japanese reviews, channels or hell anything over there from choosing what they want to show?, why has it got to be just the US?, why do you have this amazing facination with pinning everything on the US of A?. (likely to make the mirror argument "why you got to blame Japan?", does not a good argument make).

You see what you choose to see and pick it out to make some argument, just like you did with Skyrim because PC players got a good deal, I've never seen you make articles or threads when PC gets a shit deal and how you want to bring it to light without making it sound like it's not worth giving a shit about. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"