By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Star Ocean 5 Integrity and Faithlessness Metacritic Review - (60 Meta Rating - Gabriel Celeste May Cry Edition)

VXIII said:

I have always thought this game was getting way too much hype from the fans for what it is. 

Yeah and I know who these certain fans are and the clue is the next person I quoted.

Oh by the way I think Slate and Ice were joking with each other.

Versus_Evil said:

Another one to remove off those lists ;)

Yup.

Proud to be a Californian.

Around the Network

well the game was developed in a short period of time so maybe that's why.

but... damn

"Recycled content, excessive grinding, boring fetch quests, and bad save points are just some of its smaller shortcomings. What's more concerning is its inability to give you reason to care about the characters or the journey. In a generation where RPGs are pushing the boundaries with better storytelling and unique worlds, this just isn't going to cut it. It's sad to see a franchise that once captivated me continue to fall from grace." 

If you guys want a good JRPG that just came out, you guys should definitely check out Odin Sphere.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

onionberry said:

"Recycled content, excessive grinding, boring fetch quests, and bad save points are just some of its smaller shortcomings. What's more concerning is its inability to give you reason to care about the characters or the journey. In a generation where RPGs are pushing the boundaries with better storytelling and unique worlds, this just isn't going to cut it. It's sad to see a franchise that once captivated me continue to fall from grace." 

Nice joke. Tells me all I know to know about the reviewers

Damn, this is sad. Can't say I'm not surprised

But I will play it eventually

People HATE SO4 and I had lots of fun with it... soooo...

Around the Network
lonerism said:
Damn, this is sad. Can't say I'm not surprised

But I will play it eventually

People HATE SO4 and I had lots of fun with it... soooo...

Same here. It did have it's short comings and I never managed to complete it, but I enjoyed it for what it was.

With that said, I was never going to play this as they decided not to release it on any of my gaming platforms anyway.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Its up to 60 now.... still thats waaaay lower than I expected it to be.

That said.. Not sure how much I trust reviewers scores here.

Sometimes something scores bad, but I still rather enjoy it.

Sadly, what I expected.

The PS5 Exists. 

Versus_Evil said:

Another one to remove off those lists ;)

just like the Order 1886 doesnt count anymore? A game is a game, a game more

Ali_16x said:
If you guys want a good JRPG that just came out, you guys should definitely check out Odin Sphere.

thats not an RPG

Ruler said:

Ali_16x said:

thats not an RPG

It is, but not a good one ¯_(ツ)_/¯