By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Star Ocean 5 Integrity and Faithlessness Metacritic Review - (60 Meta Rating - Gabriel Celeste May Cry Edition)

Goodnightmoon said:

That's an impressive way to fail in metacritic.

Looks like this game had way more hype than deserved, I guess mostly because the pretty graphics.

A common issue with games these days, more than in the past it seems.  I hope I'm wrong and half of this site's users won't have egg on their face when FFXV releases, for example.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Around the Network

Not trusting these reviews one bit, its all western reviewers for a Japanese game.

And why is Gamespot so fast with their review this time? Seems they want to smear the games very earlier so the sheep reviewers follow.

Hahaha

Are those 2 being serious up there? What a random feud.

think-man said:
I've got the collectors pre ordered, farrrk is it to late to cancel xD

Btw I made a thread a few months ago about the length and negativity it got and people attacked me xD

Why cancelling it? Its exclsuivelay on square enixes store and should be pretty valueable at some point. Why do you listen to reviews so much? Shouldnt you know yourself what you like and what you dont like?

patronmacabre said:

This is unfortunate.  Can't say I am terribly surprised though.

I was hoping for a good JRPG since I did really enjoy SO3.

Oh well, I guess I will have to wait until I can play Tokyo Mirage Sessions on my brother's Wii U.

wait you are listening to reviewers? Why not finding out yourself?

Goodnightmoon said:

Looks like this game had way more hype than deserved, I guess mostly because the pretty graphics.

You have a signature of a pretty looking Zelda gif yourself :) pleas stop generalizing 

Slade6alpha said:
Imma Naruto fanboy?
(kinda was)

I might still pick this up tomorrow cause of that GIF Basil sent me. Didn't really like SO 4, but I heard this one isn't very long and it might be good for me since I have a week off from class.

Also INB4 "Western outets are bias," "Metacritic is not a place to review Japanese games."

how is it not biased? The game was out in japan half a year ealier and they have zero reviews from japanese and asian sites. Of course we all going to listen to western sites for a japanese devoloped game, how fair and balanced

Xxain said:
aLkaLiNE said:
I've heard mostly positive from the people that have played it, in comparison to SO4. Metacritic ain't shit

The destructoid review actually echos the opinion of the Japanese version importers.

konnichiwa said:
aLkaLiNE said:
I've heard mostly positive from the people that have played it, in comparison to SO4. Metacritic ain't shit

Honestly I did not read any positive opinions but I remember a big star ocean fan really disliking it, gave it away for me that the game probably will be bad because he/she summed up good reasons.

Yeah and have you made some research about these so called star ocean fans and die hard importers? They are quite hypocritical themselves, they bash the game for being too westernized and having other elements from western games, but then go around and play and love games like the witcher 3 or dragon age

Ruler said:
think-man said:
I've got the collectors pre ordered, farrrk is it to late to cancel xD

Btw I made a thread a few months ago about the length and negativity it got and people attacked me xD

Why cancelling it? Its exclsuivelay on square enixes store and should be pretty valueable at some point. Why do you listen to reviews so much? Shouldnt you know yourself what you like and what you dont like?

patronmacabre said:

This is unfortunate.  Can't say I am terribly surprised though.

I was hoping for a good JRPG since I did really enjoy SO3.

Oh well, I guess I will have to wait until I can play Tokyo Mirage Sessions on my brother's Wii U.

Goodnightmoon said:

You have a signature of a pretty looking Zelda gif yourself :) pleas stop generalizing 

Slade6alpha said:
Imma Naruto fanboy?
(kinda was)

I might still pick this up tomorrow cause of that GIF Basil sent me. Didn't really like SO 4, but I heard this one isn't very long and it might be good for me since I have a week off from class.

Also INB4 "Western outets are bias," "Metacritic is not a place to review Japanese games."

how is it not biased? The game was out in japan half a year ealier and they have zero reviews from japanese and asian sites. Of course we all going to listen to western sites for a japanese devoloped game, how fair and balanced

Xxain said:

The destructoid review actually echos the opinion of the Japanese version importers.

konnichiwa said:

Honestly I did not read any positive opinions but I remember a big star ocean fan really disliking it, gave it away for me that the game probably will be bad because he/she summed up good reasons.

Yeah and have you made some research about these so called star ocean fans and die hard importers? They are quite hypocritical themselves, they bash the game for being too westernized and having other elements from western games, but then go around and play and love games like the witcher 3 or dragon age

What?

Star Ocean 5 issues have nothing to do being westernized, but trying to be bigger than its budget allows it be.   

Around the Network

Xxain said:
Ruler said:

What?

Star Ocean 5 issues have nothing to do being westernized, but trying to be bigger than its budget allows it be.   

how the hell isnt it big enough? Its a 30GB game

for example

FE# is 16GB

XCX is 22GB +10GB update

Atelier Sophie is 5.5GB

You will get a lot of quality over quantity in Star Ocean 5. I think its good if its shorter than other RPGs there are plenty of other games to play in my backlog so who cares?

Sadly I ddin't think it would ever live up to SO3's quality but I expected a little better.

Hmm, pie.

Honestly i enjoyed Star Ocean 4 a lot despite everyone saying it was terrible, so im still gonna buy this game (not right now though i just bought 6 games on june :P).

Oh and about SO 4, it wasnt terrible but it wasnt great either, it had some cringe stuff in it coupled with two annoying characters but it also had some really cool characters in it with an awesome combat system, so the good and the bad kinda balanced each other out with the good stuff taking prevalence over the negative points, so in few words i found it good and quite entertaining.

still getting this on Friday