By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Enix: PS4 version of Rise of the Tombraider is not canceled

Bandorr said:
Probably not allowed to advertise it.

What if Sony came out and said "$40 all DLC" and showed optimized game play footage?

That would absolutely kill any sales from here until November. That would mean Microsoft would be missing out on 6 months of sales for people waiting.

Then again if it was just "$60 no DLC" then all they would be doing is giving advertising for Microsoft.

So it really depends on WHY they didn't show it.

I'm not sure would anyone who was solely an X1 gamer not only hold off on buying Rise of the Tomb raider for it's PS4 launch but also... buy a PS4 just to get the DLC for this game or slightly improved lighting and frame rates? I really doubt it would impact the already pretty low sales this title has had, if anything it might remind X1 users that the game is out there right now if they missed it during the launch of Halo5 and Fallout 4 (literally launched in the worst window ever imo) and might pick up a copy while the game remains exclusive to the platform, a little bit of a middle finger to those PS4 users who boast about it coming out soon on their system if you get me?

But yeah I'm not sure anyone is going to jump ship from X1 > PS4 for the release of Rise of the Tomb Raider, could be wrong of course, but doubtful.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

Not sure what Square Enix are playing at.

The first game nearly wasn't going to have a sequel due to Squares silly expectations. No idea why ROTR was exclusive.

I don't think so, probably can't start promoting it on PS4 yet because of the deal with MS. I expect it at Gamescom

They killed the franchise already, no need to put it on Ps4, we already played the superior version of it aka Uncharted 4.

You know it was coming, Square Enix must be freaking out about their decisions to go Xbox Exclusive.

foodfather said:
Not sure what Square Enix are playing at.

The first game nearly wasn't going to have a sequel due to Squares silly expectations. No idea why ROTR was exclusive.

Money. Also it wasn't really exclusive, just nit picking on the comment but it was on PC, X1 and X360, there was exclusivity but it was more petty than paying to have the game on one system, it was paying directly to not have it appear on a particular system instead.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

better damn not. iv been wanting to play this for ages.

Chevinator123 said:
better damn not. iv been wanting to play this for ages.

If it should be canned then you could always pick up an X1-Slim during the holidays and get a copy of it, I'm sure there will be bundles of that new system over the holidays with most of the X1 exclusive software, could be time to jump in and get more gaming options :)

lulz no. i'll be buying it this holiday on ps4.

CGI-Quality said:
Topic Creator (TC): Please edit the OP. Copy/Paste isn't allowed (as per Forum Rules), so instead of having a mod do it, I'll give you c a grace period to fix it as to avoid plagiarism.

But I've being doing that for years now. Have the mods decided to crack down on it for some reason? I don't see a problem as long as the link is there.

The PS5 Exists. 

Meh... But the real loser here was Microsoft...!! and deserved...

In Sony We Trust!