By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Enix: PS4 version of Rise of the Tombraider is not canceled

lol, no. It will release on PS4 and sell very well.

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
CGI-Quality said:
Topic Creator (TC): Please edit the OP. Copy/Paste isn't allowed (as per Forum Rules), so instead of having a mod do it, I'll give you c a grace period to fix it as to avoid plagiarism.

But I've being doing that for years now. Have the mods decided to crack down on it for some reason? I don't see a problem as long as the link is there.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/forum-rules.php#content

Thread Content:

• Copy-pasting full transcriptions of articles is strictly prohibited. Instead, you may paste specific sections of the article that pertain to the subject of your thread.
  • Likewise, your thread should never only be a link to the story/article/video/etc.

The OP is completely in the face of both those rules, not only is it plagiarism of an article in its entirity which steals hits from other websites and content creators but also the OP doesn't add so much as a single word to that stolen article, not even the thread title is different.

It's one thing if you link to a story and take the main point it is giving and then give a link, because it's not completely stealing the need for someone to click the link to see what the story is about in full, this OP is completely doing that, the whole article is here, there is no reason to go to the source of it.

Even down to the

"Stay tuned for more "Rise of the Tomb Raider" PS4 updates here!" lol, does he mean here... on Vgchartz? stuff like this at the very least should have been cut from the copy/paste because they're promising updates of other sites full stories.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ganoncrotch said:
GribbleGrunger said:

But I've being doing that for years now. Have the mods decided to crack down on it for some reason? I don't see a problem as long as the link is there.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/forum-rules.php#content

Thread Content:

• Copy-pasting full transcriptions of articles is strictly prohibited. Instead, you may paste specific sections of the article that pertain to the subject of your thread.
  • Likewise, your thread should never only be a link to the story/article/video/etc.

The OP is completely in the face of both those rules, not only is it plagiarism of an article in its entirity which steals hits from other websites and content creators but also the OP doesn't add so much as a single word to that stolen article, not even the thread title is different.

It's one thing if you link to a story and take the main point it is giving and then give a link, because it's not completely stealing the need for someone to click the link to see what the story is about in full, this OP is completely doing that, the whole article is here, there is no reason to go to the source of it.

I know.

The PS5 Exists. 

Absolute click bait article pulling speculation out of nothing, of course it's still coming.
I might even double dip I enjoyed it so much the first time

Read title, then saw Michael Pachter. So the PS4 version is still coming.

Around the Network

I doubt it. Square Enix isn't as broke as Capcom. The PS4 version is still coming. And were people really expecting an announcement at E3???

Given the cost of porting the game to PS4 must be very low there is no reason at all to not release it on PS4 even if sales will be a lot lower than they would have been if it was released as a multiplatform title.

And this whole article is based purely on RoTR not making an appearance at e3? Why would it make an appearance at e3? RoTR is old news, and at e3 people want to talk about new and shiny things.

If SE is expecting low sales then not spending money on promotion and marketing is probably the way to go. Release it with a small amount of marketing on gaming websites and leave it at that. No point in spending money on expensive marketing.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

What a joke thread. Like square would say no to the extra revenues and profit that they will get from release a finished game on PS4. The game will make a profit on from PS4 release on day 1.

Thanks for screwing up TR, MS!!

Sixteenvolt420 said:
Thanks for screwing up TR, MS!!

The SquareEnix Giveth, the SquareEnix taketh away again. MS offered them a bag of cash for this deal, Square was the ones who signed off on it, I'm sure the 3 console makers probably offer out amounts to publishers for some content deals or exclusivity deal, Square just happened to choose a little poorly in hindsight with this game.

I'm still under the impression that the game will still sell decent numbers on the PS4 though because of the deal, I think people might just buy it out of "spite" as a sort of... "fuck you xbox fans, we got your exclusive" if ya get me?

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive