By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Can you imagine a world without any religion?

Yes, and it could be a WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better world...

Around the Network

The World would be an amazing place if there was no religion.

We'd be better off. People could have their own "spirituality" but organized religion is not needed.

If there is a "creator" he doesn't need to be worshipped like a petty, spoiled celebrity, just be a nice fucking person, it's not that hard, treat others the way you want to be treated. There you go. 

What Middle Eastern goat herders wrote down should not be the basis of living in the 21st fucking century. They'd worship a working toilet if you went back in time and showed it to them because they wouldn't understand it. 

Soundwave said:

We'd be better off. People could have their own "spirituality" but organized religion is not needed.

If there is a "creator" he doesn't need to be worshipped like a petty, spoiled celebrity, just be a nice fucking person, it's not that hard, treat others the way you want to be treated. There you go. 

What Middle Eastern goat herders wrote down should not be the basis of living in the 21st fucking century. They'd worship a working toilet if you went back in time and showed it to them because they wouldn't understand it. 

100% agree with you.

Dr.Vita said:

A world without religion wouldn't work.

Using the religion as a reason to start a war is only an excuse by human. And if there were no religion people would find new excuses to start a war. War has nothing to do with religion (I am talking about Christianity).

Furthermore there would be no values and standards in a world without religion. You could do everything you want in a world without religion because you have nothing to regret (for instance killing or stealing).

You don't need religion to apply morality. Also, morality didn't appear with religion. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network

A world without people telling others what they should and what they shouldn't believe would definetly be for the better.

So, yeah. We should tell people to stop belive in religion.

Slimebeast said:
Ka-pi96 said:

How exactly?

Persecution of your ideas.

There's persecution in Sweden on all levels against people who are critical towards migration.

The severe censorhip that is in media. The state actively trying to change the mind of the people to embrace multiculturalism by their retorics, propaganda campaigns etc. Kids will be bullied in school. People lose their jobs if they express these opinions or if they're active in our nationalist party. If a victim of crime happens in frustration to say "I hate foreigners" somebody (police officers, social authorities) immediately lectures them and will treat your case unfairly. Just to express on opinion has severe consequences. The left wants to own your mind.

Similar things happen when you are critical of the feminist movement, abortion or islam.

One small example of hypocrisy: the term "regressive left" was coined to describe that the left, so called progressives, actually tolerate oppressive behaviour when the "right" group commits it, muslims. When it comes to islam, all of a sudden they forego their duty to criticize acts of violence, misoginy, oppression, theocracy etc. This is chypocrisy.

That's laughable.

In Sweden of all places?

Being called out on bullshit is not persecution. You're severely insulting the people on this planet who face real persecution.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Let's get this clear that religion is a frickin EXCUSE for fanatics to wage wars so it would still be what it is except the EXCUSE would be different and still people would prosecute and kill each other in their own countries and in other countries. I don't know how it would affect normal sane individuals but the fanatics would still be at large

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

lionpetercarmoo said:
Soundwave said:

100% agree with you.

A completely biased and stupid argument 0% agree

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

KungKras said:
Slimebeast said:

Persecution of your ideas.

There's persecution in Sweden on all levels against people who are critical towards migration.

The severe censorhip that is in media. The state actively trying to change the mind of the people to embrace multiculturalism by their retorics, propaganda campaigns etc. Kids will be bullied in school. People lose their jobs if they express these opinions or if they're active in our nationalist party. If a victim of crime happens in frustration to say "I hate foreigners" somebody (police officers, social authorities) immediately lectures them and will treat your case unfairly. Just to express on opinion has severe consequences. The left wants to own your mind.

Similar things happen when you are critical of the feminist movement, abortion or islam.

One small example of hypocrisy: the term "regressive left" was coined to describe that the left, so called progressives, actually tolerate oppressive behaviour when the "right" group commits it, muslims. When it comes to islam, all of a sudden they forego their duty to criticize acts of violence, misoginy, oppression, theocracy etc. This is chypocrisy.

That's laughable.

In Sweden of all places?

Being called out on bullshit is not persecution. You're severely insulting the people on this planet who face real perallution.

Kids being bullied in school and people losing their jobs isn't just "Being Called Out On Bullshit..."

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P