By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Game dev: lot of people will be shocked by the NX and I think not in a good way

What are we supposed to discuss? Its a statement. Oh then that is usual people saying bad things about Nintendo. Move on nothing to discuss end of thread

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Around the Network

Well after the WiiU surely the only way is up right?... Right?

Eagle367 said:
What are we supposed to discuss? Its a statement. Oh then that is usual people saying bad things about Nintendo. Move on nothing to discuss end of thread

pretty much. The OP could have just as been 'Nintendhate! Discuss.'

Yasssssss!!!! The HYPE IS GETTING CLOSER!!!!!! Keep them dicks inside your underwear guys!!!!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Veknoid_Outcast said:
What are we supposed to do with that quotation?

A bunch of people will be disappointed with NX but maybe not.

Just like with very rumors! 

- Make a thread!

- have over 100 replies! 

- Wait for Gamexplain's 60minute discussion on it!

- Make speculation/opinion threads based on this rumor! 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
Ali_16x said:
And what is the reason to actually doubt him? All you said was "plenty of reason to doubt him" but like what? All you know about the guy is that he was right about the Wii U specs etc, so why wouldn't he know about NX stuff.

Lack of details.

If he had solid information, there would be something solid in their comments that would prove their statement right, when the information is released. Just saying "people will be shocked, and not in a good way" is a completely empty prediction - anybody could make such a prediction, or the reverse.

And lack of clarification on what is intended. What will we be shocked about? Specs? Shape? Controls? Launch lineup? The claim is basically useless, because when the NX is revealed, there will undoubtedly be SOMETHING that some group of people will be surprised and disappointed by. After all, you have some people who want it to be a console/handheld hybrid, while others want it to be a supercomputing powerhouse equivalent to a high-end PC. Leaving aside the fact that neither of these is going to happen (let's pretend that they could), they can't happen simultaneously. So no matter what Nintendo reveals, some people will be "shocked", and "in a bad way".

It's not a matter of doubting whether he has inside information. It's doubting his intent with what he said. As Rol has pointed out, this is nothing but FUD - trying to un-hype the NX because all of the stories at the moment seem to be positive. Some people can't let Nintendo have positive stories - they'll find any excuse to turn it negative.

Maybe he means people won't be shocked in a good way and with that he means fanboys of other console manufacturers since they will be mad about something good from Nintendo

Prediction:

The NX console will be liked by everyone.....or not by everyone....or none.

Wow the downplay is strong in here. The guy has a history of having inside information. Now he has inside information that you don't like and suddenly he is unreliable? Sad really.

What I get from the single line quote is that this guy understands what people are hoping for in the NX, and they clearly aren't going to get it. Whether they are OK with what they get instead is something that remains to be seen.

Going off Nintendo's Wii family of consoles it is no surprise that the console will "shock" to some degree. I know I wasn't expecting motion controls followed by a tablet so "shock" worked there. I am also expecting the NX to follow the unconventional trend and for Nintendo to stick with their formulas. For a lot of people that will be disappointing as they want NX to be a powerhouse that brings back heavy third party support and puts Nintendo in the competition for the 1 spot through conventional gaming strategies. I just want them to put out solid Nintendo games that I can play with my brother and my nephew over the interwebs.

*something positive is said by dev about the NX*
"OMG I knew it, going to be soo good, Nintendo is back !"

*something negative is said by a dev about the NX*
"Lol who's this guy, that doesn't mean anything"

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you are necessarily right.