By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Game dev: lot of people will be shocked by the NX and I think not in a good way

Ka-pi96 said:
Sh1nn said:
He leaked information about WiiU/PS4/XBO specs and that's how he got his tag "accurate".

No need to doubt him.

Plenty of reason to doubt him actually. Just because he may have got one thing right in the past doesn't mean he will again in the future. Plus, even if he does know stuff about the NX there's no reason to assume he's telling us the truth rather than lying.

And even if he is correct, he are the people who will be shocked in a bad way? The people who want another Wii? The people who want Nintendo VR? The people who want a console similar to PS/Xbox? The people who want Nintendo to go 3rd party? The people who want cartridges? Who? It means nothing without knowing who he would even be referring to.

This is very true, we don't know who will be disappointed! I'm assuming they would mean people expecting high specs, but that's just my guess.

Either way there's always been a pretty good buzz about NX generally so I'd like to think in general most people will be pleased. 

Around the Network
Neodegenerate said:
Wow the downplay is strong in here. The guy has a history of having inside information. Now he has inside information that you don't like and suddenly he is unreliable? Sad really.

What I get from the single line quote is that this guy understands what people are hoping for in the NX, and they clearly aren't going to get it. Whether they are OK with what they get instead is something that remains to be seen.

Going off Nintendo's Wii family of consoles it is no surprise that the console will "shock" to some degree. I know I wasn't expecting motion controls followed by a tablet so "shock" worked there. I am also expecting the NX to follow the unconventional trend and for Nintendo to stick with their formulas. For a lot of people that will be disappointing as they want NX to be a powerhouse that brings back heavy third party support and puts Nintendo in the competition for the 1 spot through conventional gaming strategies. I just want them to put out solid Nintendo games that I can play with my brother and my nephew over the interwebs.

What is there to downplay? We have singular statement with no details. There isn't enough information to truly speculate. The statement itself isn't even definitive. This the equivalent of Zergnet click bait.

Darc Requiem said:
Neodegenerate said:
Wow the downplay is strong in here. The guy has a history of having inside information. Now he has inside information that you don't like and suddenly he is unreliable? Sad really.

What I get from the single line quote is that this guy understands what people are hoping for in the NX, and they clearly aren't going to get it. Whether they are OK with what they get instead is something that remains to be seen.

Going off Nintendo's Wii family of consoles it is no surprise that the console will "shock" to some degree. I know I wasn't expecting motion controls followed by a tablet so "shock" worked there. I am also expecting the NX to follow the unconventional trend and for Nintendo to stick with their formulas. For a lot of people that will be disappointing as they want NX to be a powerhouse that brings back heavy third party support and puts Nintendo in the competition for the 1 spot through conventional gaming strategies. I just want them to put out solid Nintendo games that I can play with my brother and my nephew over the interwebs.

What is there to downplay? We have singular statement with no details. There isn't enough information to truly speculate. The statement itself isn't even definitive. This the equivalent of Zergnet click bait.

People are downplaying the fact that a guy with knowledge of the situation, who as a game dev proabably also has a good understanding of what people are expecting, is saying that they might be in for a less than stellar surprise.  You seriously think if the quote read "I think it is going to shock people in the best way possible" people wouldn't be using his history of having insider info as proof of awesomeness and shouting the news from the rooftops?  Come on now, you aren't new here.

This has been a rocky journey for my feelings towards NX, I don't know how to feel about it anymore. Please Nintendo, don't suck!!!

Darc Requiem said:

This the equivalent of Zergnet click bait.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

The amount of times I've clicked in useless articles because of it.

Around the Network
Neodegenerate said:
Darc Requiem said:

People are downplaying the fact that a guy with knowledge of the situation, who as a game dev proabably also has a good understanding of what people are expecting, is saying that they might be in for a less than stellar surprise.  You seriously think if the quote read "I think it is going to shock people in the best way possible" people wouldn't be using his history of having insider info as proof of awesomeness and shouting the news from the rooftops?  Come on now, you aren't new here.

If the statement were positive, we'd be in the same boat. There isn't enough information to have a discussion. It's another worthless, click bait NX thread. I would say I was surprised by this but as you pointed out, I'm not new here. I don't post much because the quality of this forum has plummeted.

Wow, these are devastating news. Absolutely devastating. I was so excited about Zelda Bref of the Wild, but now... damn if the NX is not as powerful as an Xbox 1 even.

Did anyone know what machine the demo of Zelda ran on at E3? The textures were very blurry, it can't have been anything else than a Wii U.

CaptainExplosion said:
RolStoppable said:

The recent positive buzz surrounding Nintendo is still getting to people. Gotta spread some FUD.

FUD? The hell does that even mean?

Fear, uncertainty and doubt. When people want to sow confusion and disrupt a phenomenon they plant information like this, that often does not represent reality or the complete picture very well.

Neodegenerate said:
Darc Requiem said:

I have to agree with Darc here. I think you're making too much of this.

That quote could mean anything. It's a terrible jumping off point for a debate, for Nintendo enthusiasts and Nintendo detractors.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Neodegenerate said:

I have to agree with Darc here. I think you're making too much of this.

That quote could mean anything. It's a terrible jumping off point for a debate, for Nintendo enthusiasts and Nintendo detractors.

I agree that it is a terrible jumping off point, but I have seen people get way too excited and proclaim the NX as the system to beat next gen with even less.  Yet now, the guy has no credibility.