By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Game dev: lot of people will be shocked by the NX and I think not in a good way

This does the opposite of boosting confidence to potential buyers.

Around the Network

Is that even really a game dev? Because it reads like any other random anti-Nintendo comment.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

RolStoppable said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
What are we supposed to do with that quotation?

A bunch of people will be disappointed with NX but maybe not.

The recent positive buzz surrounding Nintendo is still getting to people. Gotta spread some FUD.

LOL no!  I think its just so mysterious that people are taking what they want it to be and investing too hard into theri own ideas... After all with so many theories, more people are going to be wrong that right.  I believe that NX will be announced and it will be fine, but there are some interesting pieces (as usual) and some folks will love it and some folks will be dissapointed that their idea wasn't the result. 

Thats why I say keep expectations within normal limits or low that way whatever shows up wont be 'bad' so to speak. 

Mar1217 said:
Slimebeast said:
Wow, these are devastating news. Absolutely devastating. I was so excited about Zelda Bref of the Wild, but now... damn if the NX is not as powerful as an Xbox 1 even.

Did anyone know what machine the demo of Zelda ran on at E3? The textures were very blurry, it can't have been anything else than a Wii U.

sarcasm ?

Not sarcasm, but a semi-sensationalist way to express my disappointment. I am extremely afraid that Nintendo will do something weird, like make a hybrid console, a powerful handheld you plug into your TV and has the power of a X360, which I don't like at all (I doubt many here like this).

RolStoppable said:
CaptainExplosion said:

FUD? The hell does that even mean?

Fear, uncertainty and doubt. A common tactic to redirect public mindshare in the desired direction.

You can see it in effect in this thread, it even affects people who should know better. Look at Slimebeast.

Slimebeast said:

Fear, uncertainty and doubt. When people want to sow confusion and disrupt a phenomenon they plant information like this, that often does not represent reality or the complete picture very well.

Slimebeast said:
Wow, these are devastating news. Absolutely devastating. I was so excited about Zelda Bref of the Wild, but now... damn if the NX is not as powerful as an Xbox 1 even.

Did anyone know what machine the demo of Zelda ran on at E3? The textures were very blurry, it can't have been anything else than a Wii U.

Fear, uncertainty and doubt.

No, I'm just expressing disappointment from my heart with a mildly sensationalist comment.

But truly I don't mean to downplay the NX. I'm super exited about Zelda and the NX and I will definitely get one unless it's a handheld. And I really want it to dominate the market. I'm just honestly afraid of these rumours that say it's a handheld hybrid, or just having weak hardware even if it's a proper console.

Those Zelda graphics at E3, they are considered Wii U graphics and not amazingly good by the community, aren't they?

What do you hope the NX will be? Serious answer.

Gamedevs that know what it is but refuse to share..... but then tease us with lines like this.... why?