By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Future of the Vita.

The Future of the Vita is ?

The Vita's best days are still to come. 15 6.10%

I love the game selection... 49 19.92%

Sony has abandoned the Vita years ago. 182 73.98%

Total:246

The way I see it, the Vita will continue as it is now, being supported by 3rd parties. I don't think Sony will do anything else with it. It'll just continue going on its ride until the end.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

1) No
2) NO
3) nO!

Vita was dead years ago. Sony stopped caring about it years ago.
It will never get a 1st or 2nd party game again that isnt a digital indie.
The only games it will continue to get are 3rd party japanese niche games that may or may not be multiplat on PS3/PS4.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

I think a better question is "The Future of Playstation Handhelds"?

Because Nintendo isn't giving up on their console division and even released the Zelda BOTW on perhaps the very last day of the Wii U's "relevancy".

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Same thing it's been most of its life: a sweet Indie/Crossbuy/Japanese/legacy/homebrew/companion app/streaming/remote play machine, but keep dreaming if you're looking for big/Western exclusives.

No to all three.
And any future support from third party's depends on nx I'd say. If nx becomes the go to handheld vita support will likely die.

Around the Network

1-Too late
2-No
3-No I expected at least to same support as PSP.I only use my vita to play music for more then 1 year.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

ZhugeEX said:
sabastian said:

1) Will Sony ever switch focus from small Indie titles to a more heavy focus of big name AAA titles ?

2) Will we ever see a AAA GTA, Metal Gear Solid or Gran Turismo on the Vita ?

3) Are you happy with what the Vita has done in the past 5 years ? What are your thoughts ?

1. Nope

2. Nope

3. Nope

The Vita has been a huge commercial failure for Sony. 

I'd be surprised if you'd be able to find brand new PlayStation Vita hardware and software in U.S. retail stores after this year.

I could not tell you the last physical title that I bought for my Vita. I think it was FF. I've relly enjoyed the Indie revolution lately

Future of the Vita: Healthy in Japan, dead everywhere else.

sabastian said:
ZhugeEX said:

1. Nope

2. Nope

3. Nope

The Vita has been a huge commercial failure for Sony. 

I'd be surprised if you'd be able to find brand new PlayStation Vita hardware and software in U.S. retail stores after this year.

I could not tell you the last physical title that I bought for my Vita. I think it was FF. I've relly enjoyed the Indie revolution lately

Here in my neck of the woods, the Vita has been purged.  Only stores like Gamestop get new titles, and still carry the systems, accessories and games. But big box stores  like Walmart, Best Buy, Toys R Us, and supermarkets with electronics departments have sold everything out at losses. I recently picked up over a dozen brand new Vita games for less than $10 each (most less than $5) for games like Uncharted, final fantasy X, Resistance, God of War collection etc. and even got a Playstation Vita TV for $12.

The vita is on life support here in North America from what I've seen.

I wonder based on the fantastic facts about the console such as being listed in a financial report under legacy consoles... because that really takes away from playing games on it, how many people who are so upset at the lack of new AAA games on the Vita, have played all the AAA titles which exist on the system from the first 2 years of its existence, I mean even if you just take things like the PS3 titles of Disgaea 3 and 4, the complete God of War franchise, every Final Fantasy game up til X-2, the metal gear franchise as far as 3 and including the PSP titles, 3 GTA titles, effectively every HD remaster of the main PS2 franchises, as well as the Vita's own breed of Little Big Planet, Wipeout, KillZone:Mercenarys, Resistance-Burning Skies, Resogun, Geometry Wars, The Senran Kagura Franchise, New Little Kings story, Dragons Crown, Gravity Rush, Tearaway, Muramasa the demon blade, Toukiden, Soul Sacrifice, Virtues Last Reward (oh it's sequel Zero Time Dilemma is out in 4 days) Rogue Legacy, Minecraft, Crash Bandicoot 1/2, Rayman Legends/Origins, The remaster of Grim fandango, The HD remakes of Strangers Wrath and Munches odyssey, New N' Tasty, Bit Trip Runner 2, Super Meat Boy, Super Stardust Delta, PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate HD, Hatsune Miku 1/2, Danganropa 1/2/3+spin off, Persona 4 Golden + spin off game, Axiom Verge, Oh the prequel to disgaea Phantom Brave... as well as Disgaea 1/2 in the PSP area!, Dead or Alive 5+, Street Fighter X Tekken, Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3, SkullGirls,

eeeerrrr....

That silent hill dungeon crawler that was terrible....

But yeah sorry I'm sure at a point there I would normally just have typed etc. and moved on but the fact that the Vita doesn't have enough games on it to keep even the most picky of gamer satisfied for long enough to justify its purchase is just a farce really. (I was going to add imo, but based on another ongoing thread I wont, not because I feel the addition of it isn't required but simply because it is an actual fact)

Oh, and those fucking Prinny games... those are both on the thing, mores the pity, but I'm sure someone loves them... and Patapon1/2/3... and LocoRoco1/2/3 fuck... must stop adding to the no games which the Vita has access to!

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive