By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Future of the Vita.

The Future of the Vita is ?

The Vita's best days are still to come. 15 6.10%

I love the game selection... 49 19.92%

Sony has abandoned the Vita years ago. 182 73.98%

Total:246

The Vita most likely has no future, it never did.

Around the Network

Sony abandoned the system a while ago, OP. We're not getting a Gran Turismo or Metal Gear game.

That's not to say we're getting nothing. This year we got Severed, in my mind the best game of 2016.

In general, though, it's been a mixed bag for me. There have been a few solid first-party games - Wipeout 2048, Gravity Rush, Killzone Mercenary - and a bunch of great "indie" games like Retro City Rampage, Guacamelee!, and the aforementioned Severed, but overall the library is lacking, at least according to my tastes.

That said, I've yet to explore all the PS+ titles on Vita over the last few years, so maybe I'll discover a few more hidden gems before this gen officially ends :)

sabastian said:

OP

The future is here my friend :)

Nem said:
I'm afraid Sony has abandoned it years ago. 3rd parties still release stuff because the system saw moderate sucess in japan. But they are all low profile games. There's really not much that can be done at this point. Sony prefers to waste resources on their latest fads.

I dont know if I agree. Having the abality to get 3 way purchase with the Vita is an awesome feature. Allot of my PS4 games are actually now played on my Vita. Axiom Verge comes to mind. What an awesome title.

AAA retail titles for Vita, only in Japan.

At best, people in the West may get one or another limited release of a localized Japanese game, IF they get any.

In the West, expect only indie games until the device´s commercial run ends de facto

Around the Network
Ganoncrotch said:
I wonder based on the fantastic facts about the console such as being listed in a financial report under legacy consoles... because that really takes away from playing games on it, how many people who are so upset at the lack of new AAA games on the Vita, have played all the AAA titles which exist on the system from the first 2 years of its existence, I mean even if you just take things like the PS3 titles of Disgaea 3 and 4, the complete God of War franchise, every Final Fantasy game up til X-2, the metal gear franchise as far as 3 and including the PSP titles, 3 GTA titles, effectively every HD remaster of the main PS2 franchises, as well as the Vita's own breed of Little Big Planet, Wipeout, KillZone:Mercenarys, Resistance-Burning Skies, Resogun, Geometry Wars, The Senran Kagura Franchise, New Little Kings story, Dragons Crown, Gravity Rush, Tearaway, Muramasa the demon blade, Toukiden, Soul Sacrifice, Virtues Last Reward (oh it's sequel Zero Time Dilemma is out in 4 days) Rogue Legacy, Minecraft, Crash Bandicoot 1/2, Rayman Legends/Origins, The remaster of Grim fandango, The HD remakes of Strangers Wrath and Munches odyssey, New N' Tasty, Bit Trip Runner 2, Super Meat Boy, Super Stardust Delta, PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate HD, Hatsune Miku 1/2, Danganropa 1/2/3+spin off, Persona 4 Golden + spin off game, Axiom Verge, Oh the prequel to disgaea Phantom Brave... as well as Disgaea 1/2 in the PSP area!, Dead or Alive 5+, Street Fighter X Tekken, Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3, SkullGirls,

eeeerrrr....

That silent hill dungeon crawler that was terrible....

But yeah sorry I'm sure at a point there I would normally just have typed etc. and moved on but the fact that the Vita doesn't have enough games on it to keep even the most picky of gamer satisfied for long enough to justify its purchase is just a farce really. (I was going to add imo, but based on another ongoing thread I wont, not because I feel the addition of it isn't required but simply because it is an actual fact)

Oh, and those fucking Prinny games... those are both on the thing, mores the pity, but I'm sure someone loves them... and Patapon1/2/3... and LocoRoco1/2/3 fuck... must stop adding to the no games which the Vita has access to!

WOW. Its easy to sometimes get lost on how many great titles that have been released on the Vita. That list is amazing. That new game Bloodstained look awesome as well. Which begs, If Sony were to ever had released a brand new GTA, MGS & Gran Turismo title on the Vita, what would be its legacy.

Vita was way ahead of its time. It still has some awesome games like Persona 4 Golden, and Danganronpa so I think it'll continue to stay thanks to Japan and their love for handhelds.

Still love that oled screen. I'm keeping mine.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Mummelmann said:
The Vita most likely has no future, it never did.

That would technically mean the Vita never existed and is a paradox in time, someone call the doctor!

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

What's up with all these awful comments from Nintendo fans?

jason1637 said:
Future of vita... Is this a joke thread?

160rmf said:
"the greatest handheld system to ever be released"
and you think nintendo was delusional with the wii u

Nem said:
But they are all low profile games. Sony prefers to waste resources on their latest fads.

onionberry said:
the vita is the best peripheral ever

bunchanumbers said:
They launched it in 2011 and abandoned it in 2012.

Ljink96 said:
The vita is dead in Sony's mind. If they don't support it, how can anyone else?

RolStoppable said:
Sony gave the fans of their handhelds the middle finger.

The amount of Sony published Vita games is not that far from the amount of Nintendo published Wii U games. So why all the shit talking? I thought we were done with that. Silly me XD

Nintendo published Wii U games (42):
Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival
Bayonetta
Bayonetta 2
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
Devil's Third
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Dr. Luigi
Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water
Game & Wario
Hyrule Warriors
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
Lego City Undercover
Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games
Mario Kart 8
Mario Party 10
Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash
Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars
Mini Mario and Friends: Amiibo Challenge
NES Remix
NES Remix 2
New Super Luigi U
New Super Mario Bros. U
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Nintendo Land
Pikmin 3
Pokémon Rumble U
Pokkén Tournament
Pushmo World
Sing Party
Splatoon
Super Mario 3D World
Super Mario Maker
Super Smash Bros. 4
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
The Legend of Zelda: Twillight Princess HD
The Wonderful 101
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE
Wii Fit U
Wii Party U
Wii Sports Club
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Yoshi's Woolly World

Sony published Vita games (40):
Borderlands 2
Dead Nation
Entwined
Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two
Escape Plan
Everybody’s Golf 6
Freedom Wars
God of War Collection
Gravity Rush
Grim Fandango Remastered
Helldivers
Invizimals: The Alliance
Invizimals: The Resistance
Jak and Daxter Collection
Killzone: Mercenary
LittleBigPlanet PS Vita
Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition
MLB 15: The Show (+12, 13 and 14, not counted)
ModNation Racers: Road Trip
MotorStorm: RC
Murasaki Baby
Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
PlayStation Vita Pets
Ratchet & Clank Trilogy
Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault
Reality Fighters
Resident Evil: Revelations 2
Resistance: Burning Skies
Resogun
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Soul Sacrifice (+Delta, not counted)
Super Stardust Delta
Table Sports – Football, Ice Hockey, Mini Golf, Pool and Darts
Tearaway
The Sly Collection
The Unfinished Swan
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Unit 13
Wipeout 2048

I got the blue "quoted" icon, but no quoted post. What is this sorcery?