By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Future of the Vita.

The Future of the Vita is ?

The Vita's best days are still to come. 15 6.10%

I love the game selection... 49 19.92%

Sony has abandoned the Vita years ago. 182 73.98%

Total:246
Jranation said:
160rmf said:

Indeed, You can see when people state the obvious (in this site and many others) about being a commercial failure you have always comments following like "I won't buy this just for 1 game", "nintendo can't do anything right", "my wii u is collecting dust", "it deserved" and nothing happens. But when its vita is like "oh, it's ahead of its time", "so many games! I can't even decide wich i will get".

Yeah, I can't even imagine how vita owners can stand this massive downplaying...

edit: if it wasn't for our comments, this thread would be buried to irrelevance really fast, like the rest of the vita threads. Making even harder for me to see this constant downplaying that he is talking about.

I think what makes it seem that there is a lot of downplaying on the Vita is how theres Not enough positive threads about it. 

Theres not enough Hype on its games here on Vgchartz, and even on gaming sites I go to like IGN. 

Eventhough the Vita has sold more than the Wii U, the difference of amount of people talking about it (both positive and negative) comparing to the Wii U is HUGE!!!!! (In other words the Wii U gets more talked about ) 

I guess people who have and enjoy the Vita for the most part have less to prove, comercially the console failed but in terms of quality of handheld it is unrivaled, so for the users we could go out and bang on about how many fantastic titles the system does actually have... or we could just say fuck it and sit back to enjoy the machine ourselves lol, I do often find myself preaching about how great the system is, but when someone replies with "well it's a legacy console tho" I'm just like... sure thing buddy, it sure is. Can't really win someone over who just dreads that the thing might actually be amazing to the point where the main argument held about it is based on a statement in a financial report

http://venturebeat.com/2015/05/27/sony-clarifies-legacy-platform-statement-our-portable-business-will-be-continued/

Even thought that comment was referring to the OLED model and obviously not the version still in full production which has outsold the Wii-U each week this year (bar 1) and which is just 20k units short of the X1 this week, but I guess some people still think the PS3 haz no gaems, the N64 is designed for people with 3 hands only and that The Genesis does what Nintendont.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

i still love my vita. indies support it and ps+ gives me lots of free games...

..but vita is dead. it failed at market and sony would be dumb (financially) to invest in it. it was right for sony to migrate the best franchises from vita to ps3/4 via ports and refocusing sequels (i'm happy gravity rush 2 exists even if it isn't on psvita).

so yeah,.. i haven't bought a game specifically for vita in a long time but my backlog continues to grow thanks to ps+ and indies doing cross-buy. so i'm happy enough but i also wouldn't recommend vita to anyone. it's dead. if sony want to do another mobile it had better be a phone. ..but sony should just abandon handhelds. i'd rather their support for mobile was on iphone somehow.

It's going to get more niche games until it dies out eventually..

Ganoncrotch said:
Ruler said:

it wouldnt see the GO

To be fair to it, the psp analog... "stick" wasn't really fantastic in the first place and the PSPGos version of the same is even worse, I don't think the lovely feel of the Vita sticks would survive in a console where they needed to slide away like that, unless they were retractable into the case as it slid closed.

So true..... I loved the hell out of my pspGo, but that Vita twin stick.... Its just feels right.

Haven't been keeping up with the thread but cross posting from the Vita thread

This has been quite a month for Vita.. Grand Kingdom, Atelier Sophie, Odin Sphere, Zero Time Dilemma (and God Eater if you're in the US)

"Dead" platforms can't get more "alive" than having one month of games like this. Even though I have other consoles, if I was a Vita-only owner i'd be more than satisfied and busy with games.

Around the Network

in the text following this first line I will discuss the future of the vita

User warned -RavenXtra

Twitter @CyberMalistix

160rmf said:
Jranation said:

Hahahaha! You have no idea how much Hate the Wii U gets online compared to the PSVita! And in fact! Barley anyone is talking about the Vita! Even Sony! 

Indeed, You can see when people state the obvious (in this site and many others) about being a commercial failure you have always comments following like "I won't buy this just for 1 game", "nintendo can't do anything right", "my wii u is collecting dust", "it deserved" and nothing happens. But when its vita is like "oh, it's ahead of its time", "so many games! I can't even decide wich i will get".

Yeah, I can't even imagine how vita owners can stand this massive downplaying...

edit: if it wasn't for our comments, this thread would be buried to irrelevance really fast, like the rest of the vita threads. Making even harder for me to see this constant downplaying that he is talking about.

User was warned for this post ~ CGI

I would link the official Vita thread, which is one of the most active on the forum, but I don't want you to go post in it.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I think we'll probably get a new handheld in the next year or two from Sony - but it'll be more tablet like than handheld. They'll work harder to position it in the kids/family space.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Final Fantasy adventure remake just appeared on the Vita EU store, woot... it's 13€ which is a touch costly but still if you enjoyed the Gameboy original then this game is good to sap away a decent 40 hours of your life into the handheld with no future as some would have you believe!

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive