By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Future of the Vita.

The Future of the Vita is ?

The Vita's best days are still to come. 15 6.10%

I love the game selection... 49 19.92%

Sony has abandoned the Vita years ago. 182 73.98%

Total:246
jason1637 said:
Future of vita... Is this a joke thread?

User was warned for this post ~ CGI

Around the Network

I use it more than my ps4 or ps3. I love the game selection. I have a pretty huge collection of games. Over 150 for sure. 53 of those are physical. Can't count all digital as it's spread over 4 32gb, and a 4gb, and on empty 8gb. I have 3 Vita's too. 2 black OLED, and 1 blue LCD. My favorite handled ever, maybe my favorite system. Grossly under-rated system. Whatevers though. It's had a nice long life, and I have new games pre-ordered through to next winter. Just bought X-Com: Enemy Unknown tonight.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Mike_L said:
Jranation said:

Hahahaha!

1: You have no idea how much Hate the Wii U gets online compared to the PSVita!

2: And in fact! Barley anyone is talking about the Vita! Even Sony! 

1: Online? Perhaps. On VG? Lol. The Wii U doesn't get much hate compared to Vita on this site. Non Nintendo fans are banned if they call Wii U "dead", "waste of resources", "no support", "abandoned on 2012", etc. That's not the case for Vita.

2: Exactly! That's why it's even more tiresome that people are downplaying and gloating in these few Vita threads.

Yeah. Thats why I said earlier in this thread how "The future of Sony Portables" are a better discussion than the Vita. Like can we expect another system after the PSV? Or will Sony wait until some new trend comes out.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:
Mike_L said:

I hoped one of you would make that comment.

I enjoy my Wii U very much but I don't think the quality of its library is that different from Vita's (which I also own and enjoy).

But it's amusing how much you guys seem to enjoy trash talking other consoles especially when the library of that console isn't that different from one that "could end up as the best Nintendo console ever if a new Metroid and F-Zero are announced".

:)

Hahahaha! You have no idea how much Hate the Wii U gets online compared to the PSVita! And in fact! Barley anyone is talking about the Vita! Even Sony! 

Indeed, You can see when people state the obvious (in this site and many others) about being a commercial failure you have always comments following like "I won't buy this just for 1 game", "nintendo can't do anything right", "my wii u is collecting dust", "it deserved" and nothing happens. But when its vita is like "oh, it's ahead of its time", "so many games! I can't even decide wich i will get".

Yeah, I can't even imagine how vita owners can stand this massive downplaying...

edit: if it wasn't for our comments, this thread would be buried to irrelevance really fast, like the rest of the vita threads. Making even harder for me to see this constant downplaying that he is talking about.

User was warned for this post ~ CGI

We reap what we sow

160rmf said:
Jranation said:

Hahahaha! You have no idea how much Hate the Wii U gets online compared to the PSVita! And in fact! Barley anyone is talking about the Vita! Even Sony! 

Indeed, You can see when people state the obvious (in this site and many others) about being a commercial failure you have always comments following like "I won't buy this just for 1 game", "nintendo can't do anything right", "my wii u is collecting dust", "it deserved" and nothing happens. But when its vita is like "oh, it's ahead of its time", "so many games! I can't even decide wich i will get".

Yeah, I can't even imagine how vita owners can stand this massive downplaying...

edit: if it wasn't for our comments, this thread would be buried to irrelevance really fast, like the rest of the vita threads. Making even harder for me to see this constant downplaying that he is talking about.

I think what makes it seem that there is a lot of downplaying on the Vita is how theres Not enough positive threads about it. 

Theres not enough Hype on its games here on Vgchartz, and even on gaming sites I go to like IGN. 

Eventhough the Vita has sold more than the Wii U, the difference of amount of people talking about it (both positive and negative) comparing to the Wii U is HUGE!!!!! (In other words the Wii U gets more talked about ) 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
160rmf said:
Jranation said:

Bolded: No wonder Vita threads are buried. Zero fun when you show up :(

it still could have a future if sony makes finally a smartphone version

Ruler said:

One of the main reasons that I love my Vita is because of the control sticks. I love a handheld with great controls. If Sony were to make a smartphone version, I think the controls would suffer.

sabastian said:
Ruler said:

One of the main reasons that I love my Vita is because of the control sticks. I love a handheld with great controls. If Sony were to make a smartphone version, I think the controls would suffer.

it wouldnt see the GO

Ruler said:
sabastian said:

it wouldnt see the GO

To be fair to it, the psp analog... "stick" wasn't really fantastic in the first place and the PSPGos version of the same is even worse, I don't think the lovely feel of the Vita sticks would survive in a console where they needed to slide away like that, unless they were retractable into the case as it slid closed.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive