By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - New Ghostbusters theme song (Warning: no matter how low your expectations are, prepare to be disappointed)

Tagged games:

I love old FoB

Not this...

Around the Network

To be honest I was never keen on the original ghostbuster movie but from what I've seen of the new one the original seems like Citizen Kane compared to it.

Wow... taking it to a new low? I probably wont watch the movie anyways. It looks like yet another quick cash grab TBH.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Barkley said:
I've never seen ghost busters, never been a fan of it. This is probably a TERRIBLE ghost busters theme, but as a song it's not terrible.

I think is an awfull song independently of the film.

Nostalgia can be a terrible thing. I love the original Ghostbusters but I won't allow that to sway my wanting to see this film. In fact, I'm anxious to see how it compares. The originals films are memorable but nowhere close to great. As far as the song goes, the original is campy and terrible. The one is just as bad. And let's tell the truth here, there's nothing they could've given us that the public would've deemed acceptable. The hate for this has been ramped up to 1000 from the beginning.

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

Around the Network
FentonCrackshell said:
Nostalgia can be a terrible thing. I love the original Ghostbusters but I won't allow that to sway my wanting to see this film. In fact, I'm anxious to see how it compares. The originals films are memorable but nowhere close to great. As far as the song goes, the original is campy and terrible. The one is just as bad. And let's tell the truth here, there's nothing they could've given us that the public would've deemed acceptable. The hate for this has been ramped up to 1000 from the beginning.

So people does not hate it because it looks awfull till an insane degree, they don't hate it because Scooby Doo films look like the Goodfather compared to this one, no, they hate it because nostalgia...

Goodnightmoon said:
FentonCrackshell said:

So people does not hate it because it looks awfull till an insane degree, they don't hate it because Scooby Doo films look like the Goodfather compared to this one, no, they hate it because nostalgia...

Havent you heard? Everyone hates it because everyone is a misogynist. Even the movie's creater said it, so it must be true!

FentonCrackshell said:

I loved the original Ghostbusters as a kid, but I don't even remember it now. The new movie looks terrible to me because most every Hollywood comedy looks terrible to me, and this is in the same vein.

As for the song, it's awful - way worse than the OG Ghostbusters theme. Modern Fallout boy is soulless garbage in general, though. They've gone way downhill.

I also have a soft spot for 80's rock... Huey Lewis and the News... yeah.

Eh, it's fine. People gotta stop pretending that the original sond was Motzart.

JWeinCom said:
Eh, it's fine. People gotta stop pretending that the original sond was Motzart.

The nostalgia argumet all over again. 

Everything looks awesome, we are all blinded by nostalgia...