By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - You're not Hardcore if you have not played a Toys-to-Life Game.

You have not played a Toys-to-Life game because......?

Your afraid your friends will laugh at you. 2 2.94%

Your afraid the GameStop ... 6 8.82%

Your children might be better than you. 0 0%

Your girlfriend will tell all her friends. 1 1.47%

Your an adult and won't play with toys. 9 13.24%

You have no idea how the portal works. 1 1.47%

Your wife will divorce you. 6 8.82%

Your afraid you will get ... 7 10.29%

They have not made the ri... 17 25.00%

I play Toys-to-life games and love them. 19 27.94%

Total:68
RolStoppable said:
SonytendoAmiibo said:

The first Skylanders game did not have adjustable difficulty and was very easy. The best Skylanders game made was Swap Force. That game had adjustable difficulty and a crazy amount of extra things to do. The battle arenas were fun.

That's great... for you.

And others! But yeah the first game also didn't feature things like Jumping, ability to go in water without a specific figure or even the fact that a lot of skylanders didn't have voices, just noises. The 3 extra difficulty settings in the later games can be damn hard to beat though, that was the main thing which the first game definitely suffers, kid difficulty only.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
pokoko said:
Then it seems I'm not a hardcore gamer.

Believe me, I'm more than fine with that.

Ha, I wanted to say the same thing, but I gamed on the Wii, so I was never hardcore. 

Ganoncrotch said:
ktay95 said:
Skylanders was the shit, too bad it's a milked af Activision series. Stealth Elf is bae.

Did you know... that her blades glow in the dark on all the toy figures of her.

Much like the base of all undead figures.

Was shocked how long it took me to notice these things....

Also skylanders is amazing.

Edit - Strange that 5 people have clicked on being adults so they don't play kids video games.... video... games.... which are designed for children. All of my wat.

I never knew Stealth Elf's blades were glow in the dark. The only Skylanders I have now are the legendary collector ones. Now that Disney Infinity is done I will take a look at the new Skylanders Imaginator one.

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

SonytendoAmiibo said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Did you know... that her blades glow in the dark on all the toy figures of her.

Much like the base of all undead figures.

Was shocked how long it took me to notice these things....

Also skylanders is amazing.

Edit - Strange that 5 people have clicked on being adults so they don't play kids video games.... video... games.... which are designed for children. All of my wat.

I never knew Stealth Elf's blades were glow in the dark. The only Skylanders I have now are the legendary collector ones. Now that Disney Infinity is done I will take a look at the new Skylanders Imaginator one.

all versions of her figure have the GITD blades, just grab one of them and hold it to a lightbulb, not sure if its a great idea for a stealth character to have a part which glows though lol, that said she does have the ability to vanish except for her blades

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

I would only try Skylanders, but yeah too expensive.

Around the Network
Barozi said:
I would only try Skylanders, but yeah too expensive.

You can save a ton of money and try one of the older Skylanders games. I suggest Swap Force. The used figures and portal can be purchased online cheap as well as the game. When your done you can trade it all back in. Better yet, if you know someone with the game and figures, ask if you can borrow them (for research purposes).

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

These games knickle and dime the poor kids and their parents. It's so cynical to combine a video game with expensive figurines that becomes worthless in a couple of years when the kids has grown tired of them.

We should not speak highly of this category of games.

I bought LEGO Dimensions because I'm a Doctor Who fan. So that means I'm a hardcore Doctor Who fan.

Disney infinity sucks...got skylands swapforce and trap team and they are actually great games i enjoy watchin my kids play them..probably not gonna get any other skylanders games tho just get figures for cheap.

Never played a game with a figure, never will.