Augen said:
My grades for Game of Thrones Seasons.

Season 1 - 10/10
Season 2 - 9/10
Season 3 - 10/10
Season 4 - 9/10
Season 5 - 7/10
Season 6 - 5/10*

*There is still an episode to go so may change up or down a point.

C'mon now, aside from the red wedding season 3 was boring asf lol

Around the Network

I enjoyed the episode, but yes it was extremely predictable.

Saw both little finger turning up, the kid dying and the whole "no we meant your surrender" speech (done to many times before).

But still the direction was amazing.

This series has been ok, but it does feel like they are just waiting for it to end, which is a shame.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Augen said:
sub-zero-TM said:

Seasons 1,3 and 4 are the best ! 

but 5/10 for season 6 why ? for me it's a solid 8 

The writing.   It feels like bad fan fiction and is at odds with established characters and world building.  The characters are not clever or smart now, they do what the writers need to get them to point B.   Rather than deal with consequences of a complex and interconnected world, they just kill people off for cheap shock value.  The prime example is how poorly Dorne was botched from being this major story component with political intrigue to...just have the Sand Snakes kill the Martells. 

It comes across as lazy and completely at odds of what A Song of Ice and Fire set out to be, a grand fantasy epic that felt grounded in mideval history.

That's not even getting into how badly characterization of people like Jaime is 180 degrees from his book arc away from Cersei showing his complexity.  No, keep him simple and stupid.  That amazing bath house scene meant nothing, he's right back to season 1.

I'm critical because I care and saw how brilliant the work could be that just a shame to see how without Martin's work to prop it up it really doesn't feel special anymore.

Your statement about show Jaime is far from the truth. While Jaime isn't at odds right now with Cersei compared to the books (especially A Feast for Crows), he isn't just a one-dimensional character on Game of Thrones. If you think so, you haven't been paying attention to episode 7 and 8. Especially the conversation he had with Edmure Tully. Did you watch Nikolaj's interview regarding Edmure's surrender? How Jaime is using the Kingslayer persona so he can make himself believable in the eyes of the world? How he aknowledges that the world envisions him as a man without honor even though he's conflicted between his duty to his house and his commitment to Catelyn Stark?

Why would he care about a peaceful surrender of Riverrun? Why would his character experience so much emotional layers when he meets Brienne again? Why would he let the enemy escape? Jaime in season 6 isn't the Jaime in season 1 anymore. He's learning what it's like to be someone freed from Cersei's toxic grasp, because clearly there is some honour still left in him. Granted, he may be a slow-learner, but he's not the narcissistic, self-centered hot-headed prick he was once. He comes to admire the Blackfish even though he's an hindrance. Look at his reaction when he learns the Blackfish died in combat. Clearly, we didn't see the same Jaime in the end of season 6. People won't just lay it out for you. You got to figure out theses details.

guiduc said:
Augen said:

The writing.   It feels like bad fan fiction and is at odds with established characters and world building.  The characters are not clever or smart now, they do what the writers need to get them to point B.   Rather than deal with consequences of a complex and interconnected world, they just kill people off for cheap shock value.  The prime example is how poorly Dorne was botched from being this major story component with political intrigue to...just have the Sand Snakes kill the Martells. 

It comes across as lazy and completely at odds of what A Song of Ice and Fire set out to be, a grand fantasy epic that felt grounded in mideval history.

That's not even getting into how badly characterization of people like Jaime is 180 degrees from his book arc away from Cersei showing his complexity.  No, keep him simple and stupid.  That amazing bath house scene meant nothing, he's right back to season 1.

I'm critical because I care and saw how brilliant the work could be that just a shame to see how without Martin's work to prop it up it really doesn't feel special anymore.

Your statement about show Jaime is far from the truth. While Jaime isn't at odds right now with Cersei compared to the books (especially A Feast for Crows), he isn't just a one-dimensional character on Game of Thrones. If you think so, you haven't been paying attention to episode 7 and 8. Especially the conversation he had with Edmure Tully. Did you watch Nikolaj's interview regarding Edmure's surrender? How Jaime is using the Kingslayer persona so he can make himself believable in the eyes of the world? How he aknowledges that the world envisions him as a man without honor even though he's conflicted between his duty to his house and his commitment to Catelyn Stark?

Why would he care about a peaceful surrender of Riverrun? Why would his character experience so much emotional layers when he meets Brienne again? Why would he let the enemy escape? Jaime in season 6 isn't the Jaime in season 1 anymore. He's learning what it's like to be someone freed from Cersei's toxic grasp, because clearly there is some honour still left in him. Granted, he may be a slow-learner, but he's not the narcissistic, self-centered hot-headed prick he was once. He comes to admire the Blackfish even though he's an hindrance. Look at his reaction when he learns the Blackfish died in combat. Clearly, we didn't see the same Jaime in the end of season 6. People won't just lay it out for you. You got to figure out theses details.

So much yes!

Jamie is amazing this season. 

Augen said:

Yes and no.

This episode was a spectacle, with massive amount of money on display in terms of effects and the cineamatography was good.

On the flip side the writing has still descended in atrocious and cringe worthy scenes with awful characterization.  I actually have come to hate when Tyrion is on screen with what they've done to him.

Also, the battle "tactics" in the show devolve into "let's run at one another in a open field".  

In summation, it was good television, but bad adaptation of the feel of the source material.  If you give up on everyone being stupid and able to travel 1000x faster than is possible you can have fun.  I mean, least I finally got to see Rhaegal, Viserion, and Drogon in action.  That was fun. 

So, what would you call a good TV show?

Did you see the 2nd Lord of the Rings movie?

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Around the Network

I like this season because the plot feels like it's actually moving forward with momentum, before this it was always "oh here's scene 2038393 of Dany riding on a dragon, isn't it majestic!" ... like I always felt in the past the show was trying to hold off plot points for as long as possible, like I was afraid this episode would just end in mid-battle for instance like they did before.

That pay-off was well worth it.

Johnw1104 said:
AbbathTheGrim said:

The High Sparrow is the most disgusting villain in the series because he is shoving down everyone's throat bullshit religion and he deserves the worst death possible.

This is a world where gods are a very real thing, and the people they've targeted mostly HAVE been terrible people lol

So like this one?  Except I think the last part of your statement applies less than half the time.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Tell me a funny joke!

Acevil said:
LurkerJ said:

Frankly, not much time spent on action sequences is one of the reasons I like the show 

The thing is, I wouldn't really call this an action sequence. It felt like an actual war. 

That's another thing I like about it.  It's not all pretty and happy.  It's digusting, it's sad, it's messy, it's dramatic, and that's what war is probably like.  It gets so sanatized and painless people forget how aweful it is.

Tell me a funny joke!

Liked how violent it was, would have liked Ghost to tear up that battlefield as well. Where is he?