By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Game of Thrones Battle of the Bastards

Best fucking episode this season. John is a beast. It really shows the difference between him and Ramsey who didn't even take up a single sword that war. Sansa should have flayed him.

Around the Network

Really, really, really great episode.

Season 6 is my absolute favorite season so far. The ball is finally rolling. Fantastic episode, the opening scene was incredible, and the battle was haunting and terrifying.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Best hour of television i ever saw, this battle was better than lotr battles in the movies.

Let's not get carried away.

There is one thing I think that shouldn't have happened. Wun Wun shouldn't have died. Jon Snow should have had an idea on how to use a giant in this battle. All Wun Wun needed was a tree from the Hard Home episode. Wun Wun on his own should have been able to shatter that shield wall with one swing. Certainly been able to open a gap in the wall which would have then exposed the rest of the wall. One weapon would have made it so that Jons forces wouldn't have needed the riders from the vale.

Around the Network

Littlefinger's entrance sort of diminished the good set up of the battle IMO because we've seen this "last minute saving by a third party" already when the Tyrell's army saved King's landing from Stannis abd when Stannis saved the Night's watch from the Wildling army. The timing of these things are weird as hell, armys shouldnt move that fast when theres days of distance to cover. That's a little bit of weak writing that brings the climax down.

I loved it, especially the end made me smile.

I like Season 6 a lot better than Season 5 in general though, though last Season did have a great episode in Hardhome. It's great that the stories seem to be moving towards a conclusion and they begin to overlap. Can't wait for next week to see what cliffhanger they'll end it with, too bad it'll take another year almost for Season 7 though...

Sansa used to be the worst character, and now she is amazing.

I thought Meereen was handled very well.

The other battle seemed a little silly to me... both sides being completely unaware that the Riders of the Vale were coming (I was waiting for them to show up before the battle even started), that ridiculous corpse wall that appeared to be about 4 meters high, the weird shield wall that had little place in a medieval battle and Snow's men patiently waited for them to establish...

It was awesome to watch though, and they really showed the claustrophobic nature of a battle, especially when completely enveloped. I don't believe I've ever seen that before.

The way it played out just seemed a little too unbelievable, though. The other nitpick I have is in regards to manpower... I know the series has never really taken manpower into account for the sake of a narrative, but after the last few seasons I have to imagine there's about 5 dozen soldiers left. Really, Littlefinger should just claim the entire land for himself as there's few to oppose him lol

It was a great episode though, don't get me wrong. I'll miss the giant :(

AbbathTheGrim said:
StokedUp said

EDIT

i was gutted the Giant died, what a tank that dude was. A massive loss to Jon snows and Tormund Giantsbanes army.

But I was wondering, why did Ramsay arrowed the giant and not Snow? Both of them were side by side.

Perhaps he wanted to kill a giant before he went away. Perhaps he thought the giant was the biggest threat. Perhaps he was pissed the giant took away his stronghold in Winterfell by breaking the door.

Or perhaps to the writers it was inconvinient to shoot Snow, that can't happen.

Soundwave said:

The show is kinda out of villains now though, lol, all of them have been killed or made sympathetic (Jaime, Red Lady, etc.). I guess there's the High Sparrow, but he's small potatoes

The High Sparrow is the most disgusting villain in the series because he is shoving down everyone's throat bullshit religion and he deserves the worst death possible.

This is a world where gods are a very real thing, and the people they've targeted mostly HAVE been terrible people lol