By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Game of Thrones Battle of the Bastards

I remember a scene when Ramsey Bolton set his dogs on his dad's wife and new born baby and he shown a slight bit of humanity by giving a very small wince, I'm not sure how many people noticed this bit in that instant I said to my girlfirend, "Ramsey Bolton will end up dying by his own dogs!"
But yes this episode was awesome, I've actually massively enjoyed this season a lot, each of the stories are beginning to merge together and you can see were on the main entering the main straight to the finish now.
I reckon there'll be a season 7 and 8 and that'll fi Sh this amazing series off.

EDIT

i was gutted the Giant died, what a tank that dude was. A massive loss to Jon snows and Tormund Giantsbanes army.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Around the Network

Very good episode, Ramsay finally got his. This one and the Hodor episode are going to be among the best in the series.

The show is kinda out of villains now though, lol, all of them have been killed or made sympathetic (Jaime, Red Lady, etc.). I guess there's the High Sparrow, but he's small potatoes and it looks like Margarey is gonna get him.

Guess the show is winding down to the inevitable Jon + Dany team up to save Westeros from the White Walkers finale.

It is kinda funny though that Sansa couldn't tell Jon to wait 30-40 minutes, lol, probably would've saved a lot of lives.

To be honest I think it would've been smarter writing to save Jon's "death" for this battle, but oh well. Now you kinda know in an episode like this Jon can't die because they can't really play that card again (not so soon anyway).

Also Rickon -- learn how to freaking zig-zag. Sucks that the giant was killed, but you could see it coming. 

Soundwave said:

To be honest I think it would've been smarter writing to save Jon's "death" for this battle, but oh well. Now you kinda know in an episode like this Jon can't die because they can't really play that card again (not so soon anyway).

theres also a MASSIVE detail yet to be revealed about Jon Snow, hence another reason they cant really kill him off.

Who is jon Snows actualy mother.

Heres my theory.

Bran was having that flashback of his dad (ned stark) heading to the mad kings tower where his sister (lyanna stark) was being kept but its been cut short and we're still yet to see what happens there. Now,everybody says (my friends, and tv critics/fans) how "out of character it is that the honourable Ned Stark cheated on Caitlyn with a unknown women which jon snow was born. So what i think, is that he never cheated on her, but what actaully happened is when Ned Stark gets to the top of the tower and finds his sister, she's preganant (maybe about to give birth) and that the kid is jon Snow and his real dad is the mad king which makes Jon Snow a half dragonborn Targaryen. So ned Stark decides to make the story up that he cheated on caitlyn and risk his relationship to keep the half Targaryen boy alive. Anopther reason i think this works is the Red women was only suposed to see somebody with Kings blood in the fire (hence the reason she thought stannis was the one). but the minute she met Jon Snow she knew there was something special and mysterious about him.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

LurkerJ said:
Acevil said:
It was pretty insane, it really showed the gravity of war in this series, which every other battle failed to do minus the Wildings v Wall.

Frankly, not much time spent on action sequences is one of the reasons I like the show 

The thing is, I wouldn't really call this an action sequence. It felt like an actual war. 

vivster said:
Probably. I have yet to see a single episode. Do you guys think it's good?

Yes and no.

This episode was a spectacle, with massive amount of money on display in terms of effects and the cineamatography was good.

On the flip side the writing has still descended in atrocious and cringe worthy scenes with awful characterization.  I actually have come to hate when Tyrion is on screen with what they've done to him.

Also, the battle "tactics" in the show devolve into "let's run at one another in a open field".  

In summation, it was good television, but bad adaptation of the feel of the source material.  If you give up on everyone being stupid and able to travel 1000x faster than is possible you can have fun.  I mean, least I finally got to see Rhaegal, Viserion, and Drogon in action.  That was fun. 

Around the Network

My grades for Game of Thrones Seasons.

Season 1 - 10/10
Season 2 - 9/10
Season 3 - 10/10
Season 4 - 9/10
Season 5 - 7/10
Season 6 - 5/10*

*There is still an episode to go so may change up or down a point.

Acevil said:
LurkerJ said:

Frankly, not much time spent on action sequences is one of the reasons I like the show 

The thing is, I wouldn't really call this an action sequence. It felt like an actual war. 

True. Probably why I liked it

It was an intense and satisfying episode, particularly the ending. I am enjoying the season for what it is, although I agree it hasn't been "perfect" or completely in keeping with the early seasons and the source material. I'm excited for next season, given how things are slotting into place, we do still have one more episode to throw a spanner in the works mind.

Don't ruin the moment

Currently Playing: Rocket League (PC/PS4), Dead Cells (PC)

LordyPlays on YouTube

lordsynbios said:
It was an intense and satisfying episode, particularly the ending. I am enjoying the season for what it is, although I agree it hasn't been "perfect" or completely in keeping with the early seasons and the source material. I'm excited for next season, given how things are slotting into place, we do still have one more episode to throw a spanner in the works mind.

Given it is called "Winds of Winter" (same title as upcoming sixth book) I am just hoping Winter is finally portrayed properly on the show.  The battle for Winterfell took place in an inch of snow, while in the books Stannis is stuck marching in several feet of snow in a blizzard.

Augen said:
My grades for Game of Thrones Seasons.

Season 1 - 10/10
Season 2 - 9/10
Season 3 - 10/10
Season 4 - 9/10
Season 5 - 7/10
Season 6 - 5/10*

*There is still an episode to go so may change up or down a point.

Things I hate about this season:

Yara and Theon's uncle showing out of nowhere, he was rushed into the story but then he disappeared.

Tyrion's role has diminished but I am kinda fine with that, Mareen isn't nearly as complicated as Kings landing, and he practically ran away from his old life anyway.

The pacing is questionable, Brann story moved too fast then he also disappeared.

I am so SICK of Arya, but this isn't exclusive to this season. They dragged her solo journey for too long.

The way they handled Dorne and the Dornish storyline is just horrible. Sand snakes are scary as kittens.

Still though, there is a lot to like.

Queen of Thorns, Margery, Jamie and the High Sparrow and Kings Landing in general is unpredictable and just great.

I always loved Yara (Asha in the books) and I am very glad she got to shine this season.

Hodor twist was well done. I used to love Osha too, sad that we won't be seeing more of her.

Ramsay's downfall today was also well done. 

The last episode is 70 minutes long, longest in GoT history. I am so looking forward to next week!